This is the very first product I ever bought from Conair and it was the last. I listed the price as five because I can't believe they put it on the market to begin with. I have mainly straight hair that waves in some areas and even then this *thing* couldn't straighten my hair without at least ten passes and it made my hair dry and brittle looking. It never did make it completely straight. I wont get started on the other features because I don't feel like writing an essay. I'll just say they don't work.
This is horrible! It doesn't straighten my hair. The waves aren't there. The crimps aren't very nice-looking, and it doesn't make my hair shiny at all. This is a piece of junk and I don't reccommend it to anyone...not even bald people! Please people don't waste your money on this!
Recently, I purchased the Conair deep waver and to be direct, it is a piece of junk. If I could, I would have given this product a 0 rating because it's not worthy of 1 point. However, the "deep waves" are barely noticeable, it takes awhile to heat up and it doesn't get that hot. I've decided not to bother with it altogether and just throw it away. It didn't cost that much, but I guess you get what you pay for.
This was the very first straightner I ever bought, when I was ten. The waver was okay, the straightner stunk, the crimper -what the heck was that supposed to be? it made weird little lines that hardly showed all through my hair- was weird, and the shiner? Don't get me started on the shiner. How do two plates with something like CARPET on them make your hair shinier? This thing is only good if you're five and want to play around with you and your Barbie's hair. It takes so long to heat up, about 20 minutes. No thanks, Conair, I think I'll stick with my new Sedu, which can heat up to 450 degrees in twenty SECONDS, not minutes.
This was the first hair straightener that I had ever bought, and it was terrible! I had to make about 15 passes over my hair to make it straight, not to mention I could HEAR my hair frying! Agh!
This is a bit bulky, but I still like it. The shiner doesn't work at all but I love the waver. This product is okay but I don't think it's as bad as everyone says.
This is the worst piece of crap I have ever purchased. I regret wasting my money on this and wish I couldve returned it (store wouldn't let me). This not only took forever to heat up, but it did not work as described. Both the crimping and waving plates resulted in frizz---and dull looking hair. The straightening plate was useless. I would not wish this upon anyone---no matter how much better looking they are than me.
I bought it bcoz it was a multi purpose tool but this item really suxxxx!!!! it took me forever to heat up the plates....i only use the crimper and the waver bcoz the other 2 plates were useless......the job that the crimper delivers makes my hair look similar to a broom but i think the wave kind is ok, but u gotta hold it for a good minute just to produce a nice wave (and i only do a few sections bcoz doing my whole hair will take up most of the day)....i will never repurchase this crudd again.....
This is a horrible product. Probably the worst I've ever bought in my entire purchase history. Save your money kiddos, here are the reasons why this product is a piece of junk:
- It's huge, clunky and heavy. No sudden movements when using this product, you just might knock yourself unconscious.
- It takes fifteen to twenty minutes to heat up. And when it's "heated up", it's barely hot. About the same temperature as popcorn in the palm of your hand.
- Unless your hair is nearly perfectly straight (ends included), this will not straighten your hair. I repeat, will NOT straighten your hair. All it every did for me was frizz out part of my hair and did nothing for the bottom half, which remained in an irritating half-curl.
- Although this straightener will get nowhere near hot enough to transform your hair to more than it's mediocre ability permits, the print on the straightener will slowly melt off onto your hand and leave sticky residue, because somehow the plastic frame of this straightener gets more hot that the plates ever could.
- Only attempt to crimp your hair if you do not have a job, school or a semi-existant social life. It takes forever (and a half) to make a noticeable crimp in your hair, and even at that, they're just little ridges. Not well-defined either. The result: a frizzy potato-chip head.
- The shiner. Oh, let's not get started on the shiner. This does not work. This does not work. This does not work. I can just imagine the corporate suits sitting around their big boardroom table, trying to come up with a fourth feature for their new bogus product in the five minutes before the boss shows up, because 4-in-1 sounds a heck of a lot better than 3-in-1. The shiner is complete cheese.
Please, talk to your hairdresser about getting you a good ceramic (read: less damage) straightener, save up for it and save yourself the trouble.
Much love and apologies to whoever, like me, fueled Conair's fire of cheaposity with the purchase of this infinitely lame product.