December 20, 2014 | 1351 users online

Concealers - TheBalm - TimeBalm Concealer

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Tarahkay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I actually bought this product thinking it would make a nice under eye concealer considering it states on the website description

"Use this uniquely smooth anti-wrinkle concealer all day to cover dark circles and imperfections while protecting your delicate skin from environmental stresses. timeBalm is packed with beneficial ingredients including Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Soybean Oil, Panthenol, Linoleic Acid and Phospholipids to help you look absolutely stunning around the clock"

It does have okay coverage but I don't recommend using it under the eye if you have problems with creasing because this does crease !!!! makes the wrinkles more visible, and the formula is a bit drying .

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 1:16:00 PM More reviews by bnanaphone246

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product for years, repuchased multiple times, and will probably continue to repurchase until they stop making it. it was the first thing i ever bought from sephora, back when they used to carry it. At the time i was simply overjoyed that someone made something light enough for my skin tone. It has fantastic coverage, but it's never thick/pasty or cake-y. it's very creamy and blendable, but if you apply it right the formula is thin enough that it won't crease up. i can even get away with patting on a second layer over powder for increased coverage! i even use it to blend with a medicated coverup that works great for blemishes but is a bad color match. it's expensive but it lasts for SO LONG that the price is really justifiable. honestly, the pot it comes in gives out before the product does, and that's probably a good thing because it makes me realize how ancient it is and that i should probs replace it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by RutgersGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Other

I am always coming back to this for some reason. Creamy blendable concealer that gives a nice med coverage for my dark circles. I use a concealer brush to pickup up the product and dab under my eye, then use my fingertips to blend. I use the medium shade on my nc 42-ish skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 10:55:00 AM More reviews by Shakeitdontbreakit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This concealer gives excellent coverage, blends very well, is solid/dry enough to stay put, yet creamy enough that it doesn't give "elephant eye" creasing. The key, of course, is finding the right shade. I'm somewhere between the two lightest shades (one is too light/pink the other too yellow) but if you're like me, and have dark purple rings under your eyes, then you may agree that having to buy two in order to get the right match is well worth the investment - which is something I normally would not be bothered with.
There's a lot of product and a little goes a long way.
My favorite concealer is Clé de Peau, but because because of it's prohibitive price, and the fact that I go through a tube in what seems like an afternoon, I'm always looking for something else. I've tried many, MANY concealers, and highly recommend this one for those who need something industrial strength, yet can be worn when NOT performing on a vaudeville stage. Thank you and goodnight.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by liz48170

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a wonderful concealer that is has many uses, and while expensive you get a lot of produt for the money as it is thick and concentrated

1). It can be used if it matches your skin for imperfections

2). You can mix 1 part concealer 3 parts moisturizer, then buff into your skin for a gorgeous finish, adding and building up where you need a bit more coverage
thus skipping foundation

3). Use it as a corrector brightening your under eyes by adding a bit of lipstick (I used an old Fushia color) thus no need to spend $$$ on high cost corrector

4). You can add a tiny bit of this with a liquid shimmer (I like Becca Opal) and use around the eyes and other areas (similar to the Terry high cost product)

It is thick - so you need to warm it up on the back of your hand first and mix and use as you want

BUMMER

I had to transfer this into another container after using it a few times. The container just split into pieces - no excuse for a high cost $20 product !

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by cherchesesmots

I cannot deny that as age catches up, I have to come to terms that concealer is a must now. I have been looking for months now and SPENT QUITE A LOT of $$$ and time looking around for a right concealer for myself. Usually my bobby brown foundation stick works fine for me under my eye but i wanted a better coverage.

Texture:
Texture seems to be the first thing i look out for in concealers. those liquidy tube concealer tend to be something i cannot handle. They creases and leaves a line before it can dry up. So I prefered cream. So far I've tried many other including: (1) erase paste- awesome but sticky and takes time to blend. Looks like it sits under my eye and cakes a little. (2) Fake up- v light and melts away fast in the hot humid weather. But I still use it as a nice base to prevent crease.

Time balm looks matt and thick but when i rest my fingers on it melts a little into cream and one tap is enough for me. When it dries, it dries matt too. In fact its buildable and medium coverage when blended. Too thick would definitely be cakey and unnatural. Crease v slightly after many hours but not a big deal. May be because i've already added benefit's Fakeup to ease the skin. I also only apply it in the inner corner and over the dark eye circles (half way under the eye). If i go further, my laughing lines will crease no matter how. Besides, its not necessary.

So far so good!! Plus its still cheaper then most concealers except drug stores ones.

---Update:
It covers really well but creasing can became noticeably worse when my undereye is very dry. : (

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by caseyfa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm surprised that so many people have problems with this creasing under their eyes. I am 48, and definitely have lines, but it doesn't crease or settle into them. I set it with powder - that is an essential step that some people might be missing. I have it in light/medium and it is the closest to my actual skin tone of any concealer I have used. I can dot it all over my face and it covers everything, from acne to melasma! I will definitely repurchase this. <3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by sivadore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this concealer, but I can't overlook just how terrible the packaging is. For the price, I really should be getting a thicker, more durable plastic or even glass (as long as it seals tightly). I feel like if I dropped this thin plastic container it would shatter. Some of the reviews here even mention that the container has broken or cracked easily.

This concealer is thick and needs to be warmed up a bit between the fingers. Also, I would only apply this concealer with the tips of the fingers. I've tried applying it with a brush and it didn't stay put.

That said, this concealer works perfectly to cover blemishes on my face. I'm NW10 with freckles, so I like to go without foundation when I can. This concealer allows me to do that. I have it in the shade Lighter Than Light, and it is a spot on match to my skin. I am so pleased at how well it matches my skin and covers blemishes. Once the edges are blended, this really does make my blemishes disappear.

This concealer also works to cover healed blemishes, dark marks or acne scars. Most concealers make red marks look purple, but this has enough coverage to completely hide discolorations.

Under the eyes, it's not quite as good. The coverage is nice, and once warmed up between the fingers, it goes on smooth and thin. But as others have said, it can settle in the creases under the eyes. I only use it near the inner corners close to the eye so I don't have too much settling. However, I can see how this concealer would settle into lines farther under the eyes or in fine lines on the outer corner.

It needs to be set with powder, otherwise it won't last for more than a couple hours. It doesn't flash back or show up in photographs, which is great. I'm a fan of NYX HD Creamy Concealer but the flashback with that is terrible.

Overall, I am pleased with this concealer. It works great as a spot concealer, but only okay for an under the eye concealer. I highly recommend it if you are super fair skinned and want a concealer that is a perfect match for your skin to cover blemishes. It's not too yellow or too white, it's exactly the right shade.

And if anyone from TheBalm is reading this, please, PLEASE repackage this concealer into something more sturdy. For what this costs, I should be getting something better than a cheap pigment sample container with an unsanitary little sponge.

BTW, if you buy this concealer, just toss the sponge it comes with, it's unsanitary and useless.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2013 6:00:00 AM More reviews by lizzea

I like, but don't love this. It creases on me but does cover well. I would recommend this for use on blemishes and pigmentation but not under the eyes because of the creasing. Hate the packaging, flimsy and unhygienic. It's ok but won't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by inesep

I bought this concealer quite some time ago and while I do use it (because I haven't found anything that would work for me) - I don't like it. I have dark circles and since my eyes are a little bit bug like I also have some fine lines. This concealer does nothing for either one of those things. It's pretty cakey so I would not recommend this to anyone who has dry skin around their eye area since it sticks to every dry patch. Even though I have combination skin just minutes after applying it gets into and highlights even the smallest of wrinkles. It does cover most of the darkness under my eyes, I will give it that, but within few hours there is almost no trace of it. So I am yet to find a concealer that I like.