TheBalm TimeBalm Concealer

3.8

INGREDIENTS (on base of jar): Tridecyl Trimellitate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Talc, Dioctyl Adipate, Isoeicosane, Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba)) Wax, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Octyldodecanol, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, C18-36 Acid Glycol Ester, Panthenol, Tribehenin, Ceresin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Linoleic Acid, Glycine soja (Soybean) Sterols, Phospholipids, Silica, Propyl Gallate, Glycine soja (Soybean) Oil. May contain [ /-Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007)]

on 4/17/2014 11:28:00 AM

I like this concealer, it is quite efficient on my darkcircles, and it blends well. A little bit goes a long way. I like the fact that it's very easy to work with, because it melts on your skin. The only thing I regret, which is why it doesn't deserve 5/5 according to me, it's that it goes into my fine lines (I'm 20 so I don't have a lot of them, but anyway). I apply it, and five minuts later, I have so smooth it again to avoid this.

on 4/13/2014 9:59:00 AM

Packaging FAIL! But nearly perfect otherwise. My container broke after about a week, but I just scooped out the concealer and put it in a travel container. I had to throw mine out earlier this week because I'd had it for well over a year and the travel container broke, but I miss having this concealer! It's brilliant! You need so little for amazing coverage and it blends like a dream. Shade selection is pretty good. I'm usually the palest shade in everything but they have a shade that's too light even for me! Super thick, and you need the tiniest amount on your concealer brush for amazing coverage. I even used a lip brush for covering spots and then just blended the product with my finger and it was perfect. A bit more than I would typically spend on concealer, but you need so little that it will last for a long long time.

on 3/31/2014 2:50:00 PM

I really like this. I am using it under the eyes and around my nose. It's creamy and melts into a liquidy spreadable texture if you rub it between your fingers and dab it on. I find it easier to apply than many other formulas I have tried. It's not the highest coverage concealer I've ever used, more like Medium-Full coverage. My eye area gets dehydrated easily, but I don't find this drying at all. I have not used it for concealing acne or other marks, so I can't speak to how well it would work for that purpose

This concealer comes in a simple plastic pot with screw-on lid, like a mineral makeup eye shadow jar with no sifter. I'm fine with simple packaging and actually like this, but if you enjoy luxe packaging, you might miss that with this product. The price was great. TheBalm is on hautelook and overstock.com often enough that you can probably buy it for what you would pay for a drugstore concealer.

I'm NC15 and use the shade Lighter Than Light.

on 3/20/2014 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It's marketed as an undereye concealer, but it's a little prone to creasing - I actually bought this to cover acne scars and blemishes. I actually prefer it to the Liquid TimeBalm concealer, just because it seems to cover better without making my skin worse and I didn't notice huge acne-clearing benefits from Liquid TimeBalm.

I opted for the slightly more yellow undertoned Light/Medium even though I am pretty pale right now, because I noticed that it wasn't much darker than the pink-toned Light. I threw out the sponge that comes with it (it really is useless) and opt to just warm it up with clean fingertips and dab onto spots. This concealer covers reasonably well and blends out seamlessly for me. I always finish with a mattifying powder so that the concealer is set and doesn't rub off.

I notice sometimes if my skin is a little dryer than usual that it can accentuate a flakey look, so I don't think I would recommend this to someone who is extremely dry unless they exfoliate as needed and take care to moisturize/prime before application.

on 3/16/2014 3:19:00 PM

I actually bought this product thinking it would make a nice under eye concealer considering it states on the website description

"Use this uniquely smooth anti-wrinkle concealer all day to cover dark circles and imperfections while protecting your delicate skin from environmental stresses. timeBalm is packed with beneficial ingredients including Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Soybean Oil, Panthenol, Linoleic Acid and Phospholipids to help you look absolutely stunning around the clock"

It does have okay coverage but I don't recommend using it under the eye if you have problems with creasing because this does crease !!!! makes the wrinkles more visible, and the formula is a bit drying .

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using this product for years, repuchased multiple times, and will probably continue to repurchase until they stop making it. it was the first thing i ever bought from sephora, back when they used to carry it. At the time i was simply overjoyed that someone made something light enough for my skin tone. It has fantastic coverage, but it's never thick/pasty or cake-y. it's very creamy and blendable, but if you apply it right the formula is thin enough that it won't crease up. i can even get away with patting on a second layer over powder for increased coverage! i even use it to blend with a medicated coverup that works great for blemishes but is a bad color match. it's expensive but it lasts for SO LONG that the price is really justifiable. honestly, the pot it comes in gives out before the product does, and that's probably a good thing because it makes me realize how ancient it is and that i should probs replace it.

on 10/20/2013 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I am always coming back to this for some reason. Creamy blendable concealer that gives a nice med coverage for my dark circles. I use a concealer brush to pickup up the product and dab under my eye, then use my fingertips to blend. I use the medium shade on my nc 42-ish skin tone.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This concealer gives excellent coverage, blends very well, is solid/dry enough to stay put, yet creamy enough that it doesn't give "elephant eye" creasing. The key, of course, is finding the right shade. I'm somewhere between the two lightest shades (one is too light/pink the other too yellow) but if you're like me, and have dark purple rings under your eyes, then you may agree that having to buy two in order to get the right match is well worth the investment - which is something I normally would not be bothered with.
There's a lot of product and a little goes a long way.
My favorite concealer is Clé de Peau, but because because of it's prohibitive price, and the fact that I go through a tube in what seems like an afternoon, I'm always looking for something else. I've tried many, MANY concealers, and highly recommend this one for those who need something industrial strength, yet can be worn when NOT performing on a vaudeville stage. Thank you and goodnight.

on 9/10/2013 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This is a wonderful concealer that is has many uses, and while expensive you get a lot of produt for the money as it is thick and concentrated

1). It can be used if it matches your skin for imperfections

2). You can mix 1 part concealer 3 parts moisturizer, then buff into your skin for a gorgeous finish, adding and building up where you need a bit more coverage
thus skipping foundation

3). Use it as a corrector brightening your under eyes by adding a bit of lipstick (I used an old Fushia color) thus no need to spend $$$ on high cost corrector

4). You can add a tiny bit of this with a liquid shimmer (I like Becca Opal) and use around the eyes and other areas (similar to the Terry high cost product)

It is thick - so you need to warm it up on the back of your hand first and mix and use as you want

BUMMER

I had to transfer this into another container after using it a few times. The container just split into pieces - no excuse for a high cost $20 product !

I cannot deny that as age catches up, I have to come to terms that concealer is a must now. I have been looking for months now and SPENT QUITE A LOT of $$$ and time looking around for a right concealer for myself. Usually my bobby brown foundation stick works fine for me under my eye but i wanted a better coverage.

Texture:
Texture seems to be the first thing i look out for in concealers. those liquidy tube concealer tend to be something i cannot handle. They creases and leaves a line before it can dry up. So I prefered cream. So far I've tried many other including: (1) erase paste- awesome but sticky and takes time to blend. Looks like it sits under my eye and cakes a little. (2) Fake up- v light and melts away fast in the hot humid weather. But I still use it as a nice base to prevent crease.

Time balm looks matt and thick but when i rest my fingers on it melts a little into cream and one tap is enough for me. When it dries, it dries matt too. In fact its buildable and medium coverage when blended. Too thick would definitely be cakey and unnatural. Crease v slightly after many hours but not a big deal. May be because i've already added benefit's Fakeup to ease the skin. I also only apply it in the inner corner and over the dark eye circles (half way under the eye). If i go further, my laughing lines will crease no matter how. Besides, its not necessary.

So far so good!! Plus its still cheaper then most concealers except drug stores ones.

---Update:
It covers really well but creasing can became noticeably worse when my undereye is very dry. : (

Top Rated TheBalm Products