October 25, 2014 | 870 users online

Concealers - TheBalm - TimeBalm Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by caseyfa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm surprised that so many people have problems with this creasing under their eyes. I am 48, and definitely have lines, but it doesn't crease or settle into them. I set it with powder - that is an essential step that some people might be missing. I have it in light/medium and it is the closest to my actual skin tone of any concealer I have used. I can dot it all over my face and it covers everything, from acne to melasma! I will definitely repurchase this. <3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by sivadore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this concealer, but I can't overlook just how terrible the packaging is. For the price, I really should be getting a thicker, more durable plastic or even glass (as long as it seals tightly). I feel like if I dropped this thin plastic container it would shatter. Some of the reviews here even mention that the container has broken or cracked easily.

This concealer is thick and needs to be warmed up a bit between the fingers. Also, I would only apply this concealer with the tips of the fingers. I've tried applying it with a brush and it didn't stay put.

That said, this concealer works perfectly to cover blemishes on my face. I'm NW10 with freckles, so I like to go without foundation when I can. This concealer allows me to do that. I have it in the shade Lighter Than Light, and it is a spot on match to my skin. I am so pleased at how well it matches my skin and covers blemishes. Once the edges are blended, this really does make my blemishes disappear.

This concealer also works to cover healed blemishes, dark marks or acne scars. Most concealers make red marks look purple, but this has enough coverage to completely hide discolorations.

Under the eyes, it's not quite as good. The coverage is nice, and once warmed up between the fingers, it goes on smooth and thin. But as others have said, it can settle in the creases under the eyes. I only use it near the inner corners close to the eye so I don't have too much settling. However, I can see how this concealer would settle into lines farther under the eyes or in fine lines on the outer corner.

It needs to be set with powder, otherwise it won't last for more than a couple hours. It doesn't flash back or show up in photographs, which is great. I'm a fan of NYX HD Creamy Concealer but the flashback with that is terrible.

Overall, I am pleased with this concealer. It works great as a spot concealer, but only okay for an under the eye concealer. I highly recommend it if you are super fair skinned and want a concealer that is a perfect match for your skin to cover blemishes. It's not too yellow or too white, it's exactly the right shade.

And if anyone from TheBalm is reading this, please, PLEASE repackage this concealer into something more sturdy. For what this costs, I should be getting something better than a cheap pigment sample container with an unsanitary little sponge.

BTW, if you buy this concealer, just toss the sponge it comes with, it's unsanitary and useless.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2013 6:00:00 AM More reviews by lizzea

I like, but don't love this. It creases on me but does cover well. I would recommend this for use on blemishes and pigmentation but not under the eyes because of the creasing. Hate the packaging, flimsy and unhygienic. It's ok but won't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by inesep

I bought this concealer quite some time ago and while I do use it (because I haven't found anything that would work for me) - I don't like it. I have dark circles and since my eyes are a little bit bug like I also have some fine lines. This concealer does nothing for either one of those things. It's pretty cakey so I would not recommend this to anyone who has dry skin around their eye area since it sticks to every dry patch. Even though I have combination skin just minutes after applying it gets into and highlights even the smallest of wrinkles. It does cover most of the darkness under my eyes, I will give it that, but within few hours there is almost no trace of it. So I am yet to find a concealer that I like.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by PaulaCabezas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this concealer about a month ago and I'm in love!, it blends really easy and when you have it on it feels like nothing. I have the Light shade, and it looks perfect with my skin tone, I also think it last for a very long time.

Maybe the only downside is that the package really does seem a little fragile, so I wouldn't carry it on with me if I travel, but other than that is a great product! the price is not bad and you get a lot of product.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by kissmebeautyfull

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Horrible product. Idk how the lady at sephora put it on but when I got home and used it myself it sat on my lines and made me look like i have wrinkles and I don't. It's dry and hard to blend. Only thing it does is that it covers my dark circles well. I tried applying it with brushes and my fingers but it still cakes up and looks funny. I even went back to see if someone can show me the right way to use it but they didn't recommend me using this product since I have dry skin. Wasted time and money trying to make this product work.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by CPyl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is just ok. First off, the packaging is poor in quality. Mine's lid broke into pieces. The coverage is medium and is not really buildable. It does not fully cover my dark circles. It does crease even when I set it. Does not last all day. For the price, you can surely find a better concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 2:27:00 AM More reviews by AlyK89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this in Light / Medium and it's a very good match for my skin. I don't have too much to say about this; it's awesome, the best concealer I've used. It is the ONLY one that doesn't crease under my eyes. I dab it under my eyes, add a light dusting of the sexy mama powder, and it's crease free all day!

I wish the jar was as cute as thebalms other stuff, but that's okay.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 10:56:00 PM More reviews by CarsickMathNinja

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am very fond of this concealer. It works well all over the face, including over blemishes, scars, and under the eyes. It doesn't last more than 6 hours on me, though. I also find that I have to powder it pretty heavily to get it to set. Neither of these are deal breakers, though. I apply using the Sephora Pro Airbrush Concealer Brush #57 and a stippling motion. Many heavy concealers break me out, but the bonus with Time Balm is that it actually seems to make my skin better.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by Lillibell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was excited for this to arrive after hearing all the lovely reviews about it. I ordered lighter than light, it's true to it's shade, feels lovely on my skin and does cover well.
Despite me using eye gels, moisturisers and keeping my delicate eye area hydrated at all times this product really settled into my creases :( I'm only 19!
I then decided to use it to highlight my cheek bones as it is quite light and leaves a lovely finish, but after a while it just doesn't sit well under or over my foundation and again looks cakey like it did under my eyes.
So unfortunately, will not be buying again and will stick to my liquid concealers xox