April 16, 2014 | 1616 users online

Skincare - Face - Jurlique - Daily Exfoliating Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 9/13/2006 6:30:00 PM More reviews by knitski

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Finally discovered that this product was causing a terrible allergic reastion....redness especially around my eyes and lips and overall blotchiness, itching, swelling and pain. Couldn't sleep my face was so sore. Had used this for 8 months before developing a reaction, so be careful.....the active ingredients can be very irritating.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2006 2:54:00 AM More reviews by jehanneisbeautiful

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This gentle exfoliant is amazing. It smells heavenyl and cleanses gently yet deeply. I tried a decent sized sample and i am going to have to buyy! It is just great!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2006 8:02:00 AM More reviews by ziggy_medusa

I was addicted to this to start with and went through a small tube. Pros: Leaves skin heavenly soft, smells delicious, massaging it in feels lovely. Cons: Pricey ( i went through a small tube in three weeks!!!!), application can be messy, found it irritating after a while and i broke out terribly, it was not a strong enough exfoliant for me to use 2 times a week but it was too strong to use more than that on my fussy skin.

I was warned that i would break out as my skin purged yet after three weeks of using it, i was still "purging" with shockingly bad sore pimples. I dont usually get bad breakouts so this was depressing. It is a lovely product for someone with more tolerant skin than my sometimes reactive normal/combo skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2006 8:43:00 AM More reviews by cynthiayili

Finally i found my HG exfoliate cleanser.The smell is really attractive, the ingredients are so natural, I just love it!I used it follow up the AHC, it just amazing and feel so good. I didn't use daily because i believe my skin cannot do too much exfoliate things, i used around 3 times per week.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2006 5:45:00 AM More reviews by azzurro

This cleanser is one of my favourites, putting it next to Aesop's facial cleansing creme (I don't know what's up with aussie beauty companies but these two seem to make good-quality cleansers.) Bought two huge tubes once, one is used up within about two months. Smells heavenly yum yum. The almond meal is a nice daily exfoliation treat for my skin, but as another exfoliator-lover girl posted... this isn't enough and I still need another industrial-strength exfoliator! (I'm the kind of girl who can cope with pressing on pure vit C powder to acne wounds in a manic attempt to heal them.) This is a good cleanser overall.

My only gripes are its price (steep at AUD45 on int'l duty free in Melbourne) and its packaging. You always end up with more products squeezed out of the metal tube, and the tube needs to be crimped out in order to have all the product squeezed out (the crimps cost AUD44 a pair). Since Aesop's come in a glass jar, I choose Aesop hands down simply because I can scrape out more product out of the packaging. Price-wise, they're not that much different.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2006 6:07:00 AM More reviews by yeorib

I think this is possibly the best product in the Jurlique range. Have been using this on-off for 2 years but since last winter, I am using this constantly morning and night.
Its really a paste of dried fruits and other lovely things that smells rather gorgeous. Very unconventional in comparison to other srcubs on the market. Rather than scrubing, you are told to repeat a 'press-release' motion which is suppose to brighten and condition the skin. I do both, I 'press-release' and roll the ingredients in circular motions if my skin seems slightly dry. After application my skin always feels and looks very moisturised and lovely.
I have acne-prone skin so Jurlique line has been pretty good to me, especially this product. If I get some irritation from the weather or stress, I just soak my face in lemonAHC and apply this wash cream and my skin calms down considerably.
Very good product. Very mild yet effective. Unfortunate on the price side: although the large tube last you about 2 months its still about £50 and small one doesnt really last that long. The packaging can be slightly disasterous as the tube can always release a lot more of the content than you may have wished due to pressure. Which means that you get dirty caps with excess products.. not nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2006 5:21:00 PM More reviews by capopola

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It works! Oddly enough. It was recommended to me after a spa facial and I was skeptical. However, I use it daily now (and I have dry, dry skin), and even after I do a fast peel with Cellex. Amazing stuff. I use Jurlique's Herbal Recovery Gel and Mist (which I most likely won't buy again), and the rose-scented day cream (perfect for dry skin), but this product is really, really amazing. Seems to be effective on a variety of skin types.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2006 7:07:00 AM More reviews by roug3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is one of my favorite jurlique products! i don't use this everyday as it takes time to combine with other products and i am just too lazy sometimes. but i love how my skin looks & feels after my DIY jurlique facial...glowing and so much smoother & softer (i have oily & acne-prone skin). first i use an AHC-soaked towel on my face to soften and unclog the pores, then followed by the face wash cream and one of my favorite masks (jurlique or dr hauschka i alternate them to be fair LOL)
this has replaced dr hauschka cleansing cream which is my previous staple (sorry doc!). IMHO both are similar products, but i prefer this to dr hauschka as the smell is more tolerable and it has a softer texture. also does an effective exfoliation that my dermalogica microfoliant has also been semi-retired on the back of my cabinet. if there's anything to improve it's the packaging, which can look ugly and messy after having been squeezed that many times. if you are contemplating on trying only one jurlique skincare, this is one product i'd strongly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2005 6:22:00 PM More reviews by danyanpi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like this a lot. After using this cleanser, my skin feels very smooth and soft. As a exfoliator, it is very gentle and effective. It might take a few times to get use to the texture of this cleanser, but after that----silky smooth skin:) Even though I don't like the packaging, it is just cheap looking, the product is nice, worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2005 10:01:00 AM More reviews by verte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use the Face Wash Cream after steaming with the Lime/Lemon Concentrate and it works unbelievably well to unclog pores, revitalise the face, gently but effectively exfoliate, and leaves me with a really beautiful glow. I am very glad I tried this again and am more glad that I now cleanse only with Jurlique thanks to a Chanel breakout that took five months to fix. I am back to not wearing foundation because my skin's that good. I'm really, REALLY happy and although the Face Wash Cream is a little expensive, good skin is priceless (for me anyway). UPDATE OCTOBER 2006: I still like it but it is really getting quite expensive and I'm using a chemical exfoliant now which is much better. I'd rebuy though if I felt like I needed a bit of pampering. UPDATE JUNE 2007: Ok, I'm off the AHAs now and use the homemade Face Wash Cream/Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream, which can be found on carekate's notepad, and which works just as well as, if not better than, Jurlique- and it's way cheaper! I think the whole pressing and rolling routine is extremely relaxing and this technique is half the reason why it works so well. If I wasn't so into concocting my own skincare I'd go back to the Jurlique FWC in a heartbeat.