April 21, 2014 | 866 users online

Loose Powders - Estee Lauder - Lucidity Translucent Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 3:51:00 PM More reviews by kawiki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this daily literally for a couple years, and it's only half gone. Worth the price because it lasts and lasts. Great loose powder, not drying, not too matte, it just sets the foundation, absorbs excess oil and then you forget about it for the rest of the day. Use the translucent one unless you are particularly dark-skinned, in order to keep orange at bay.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2009 4:43:00 PM More reviews by HelloKinky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this powder for about 12 years now, and over the years I have tried other powders and found this to be the best. When applied it does not change the color of your foundation, it has a silky texture and a very pleasant scent. I am giving it a four out of five because it is rather pricey and it comes in terrible bulky packaging!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2008 7:23:00 PM More reviews by soooo

This is a pretty good powder. It helps my foundation last longer than it would without powder. The only thing i dont like about it is that there is some sparkle to it. Not noticable unless your in direct sunlight as soon as you put it on. But if you wait like half an hour the sparkles blend in and give a little bit of a glow.
Edit: Theres just something about it that i wish could be better. I cant really tell what though. Im still looking for the perfect powder.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2008 4:57:00 AM More reviews by Svetlana7311

I liked the powder, it's silky and finely blended, but too bad it oxidises and turns orange.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2008 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Hollyandivy73

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using this product for years with no problems. It is not a miracle powder hiding all of your imperfections, but it does at decent job of providing a smooth surface for blush, etc. I only wear concealer under this, so the powder gives enough coverage for my day to day activities. It does not overly dry out my face, but really doesn't provide major oil control. So if that is an issue, you will need another method of holding back the oil. This does not change colors throughout the day and has NEVER caused any breakouts for me. This will remain a staple in my case for now.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2008 11:33:00 AM More reviews by JessicaDee

I dont know if its just me...maybe its my brush...but this stuff makes my pores stand out and its Sooo Itchy on my skin. I just use a tiny little bit but that little bit makes me want to wash my face and get it off quickly.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2007 2:50:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have Transparent 06 and its not very good as a setting powder. It's a lightly tinted powder with moisturisers and shimmer designed for the older client needing a dewy glow finish. The moisturisers are problematic for younger skin, making them look oily and is the source of oxidation some people like me are experiencing. It oxidises orange on me everytime like an Ompa Loompa and makes my normal skin look very oily. I've used alot of translucent powders before, both high and low end, and none of them have oxidised on me before.

Its shocking as I paid so much NZD $75 and I can't even give it away. I gave it to my friend who has tanned skin then she gave it back to me and said it made her skin an oily mess and didn't set her makeup, it melted it. My Mom gave it back too and said it was too shiny looking. I recommend trying a sample for several days before purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2007 8:50:00 PM More reviews by aquarius6369111

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this loose powder. I am just wondering, when can i finish this big box

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2007 7:11:00 PM More reviews by erinfashionista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I talked to one of those Estee Lauder specialists online to help me make a decision on what color to choose, based on what foundation I was using. I bought the lightest shade of this and it was still too dark. The powder itself is really heavy, which I really don't like. The coverage was also kind of cakey, and overall not what I'd expect for such an expensive product. It went back right away, because I'd prefer to look like I actually have some skin under my makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2007 9:21:00 PM More reviews by illinigirl54

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I do love this powder. I apply it over my Double Wear foundation with a big fluffy brush. I first started using this product in the shade Light, but I found that it was turning orangey on my skin by mid/late afternoon. I went back to EL counter and the SA recommended trying Transparent. It looks wonderful on my skin- doesn't make me look washed out. The only complaint that I have is the top lid falls off all of the time- there is an interior lid which keeps the powder from falling out. Even though the powder is a little pricey, I find that it lasts several months (much longer than any drugstore brands).