Estee Lauder Lucidity Translucent Loose Powder

4.1

polymethyl, methacrylate, zinc stearate, zinc laurate, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, tricaprylin, silica, tocopheryl linoleate, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, santallum album (sandalwood), tocopheryl oleate, fragrance, trisodium edta, bht, potassium sorbate, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben. May contain mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Have been using this for a few years now, and I havne't found anything else that does what I want it to do better. The new packaging is so much better than the old blue plastic one, and I take it with me everywhere (I hate pressed powder), and it have never spilled. It is pricey but It normally lasts me about a year at a time, so when you break it down it is excellent value. I also like the velour sponge that it comes with, it really presses the powder in and makes my makeup last.

on 3/16/2010 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

this was one of the first powders i started using it last all day long but i wouldn't suggest using the little powder off make sure to use a good big fluffy brush to spread it around if you don't it will appear chalky using a big brush will help buff it out and give you a shiny glow.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I used this for many years but I just didn't feel it was as good as a thought it was I guess as I get older my expectations get higher I just ordered NARS loose powder and really look forward to using it. FUI Sephora has discontinued NARS loose powder so I had to get it from ebay.

on 3/2/2010 6:23:00 AM

I didn't like it at first but when I continue to use it through out the week I started to notice that it gives my skin a glow. But I will try the estee lauder press powder next time.

on 12/30/2009 3:51:00 PM

I've been using this daily literally for a couple years, and it's only half gone. Worth the price because it lasts and lasts. Great loose powder, not drying, not too matte, it just sets the foundation, absorbs excess oil and then you forget about it for the rest of the day. Use the translucent one unless you are particularly dark-skinned, in order to keep orange at bay.

on 7/26/2009 4:43:00 PM

I have been using this powder for about 12 years now, and over the years I have tried other powders and found this to be the best. When applied it does not change the color of your foundation, it has a silky texture and a very pleasant scent. I am giving it a four out of five because it is rather pricey and it comes in terrible bulky packaging!

on 5/23/2008 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a pretty good powder. It helps my foundation last longer than it would without powder. The only thing i dont like about it is that there is some sparkle to it. Not noticable unless your in direct sunlight as soon as you put it on. But if you wait like half an hour the sparkles blend in and give a little bit of a glow.
Edit: Theres just something about it that i wish could be better. I cant really tell what though. Im still looking for the perfect powder.

on 4/18/2008 4:57:00 AM

I liked the powder, it's silky and finely blended, but too bad it oxidises and turns orange.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have been using this product for years with no problems. It is not a miracle powder hiding all of your imperfections, but it does at decent job of providing a smooth surface for blush, etc. I only wear concealer under this, so the powder gives enough coverage for my day to day activities. It does not overly dry out my face, but really doesn't provide major oil control. So if that is an issue, you will need another method of holding back the oil. This does not change colors throughout the day and has NEVER caused any breakouts for me. This will remain a staple in my case for now.

on 1/25/2008 11:33:00 AM

I dont know if its just me...maybe its my brush...but this stuff makes my pores stand out and its Sooo Itchy on my skin. I just use a tiny little bit but that little bit makes me want to wash my face and get it off quickly.

Recommended for Normal Skin