Lancome Mousse Confort- Foaming Cream Cleanser

3.8

water, glycerin, sodium cocoyl glycinate, myristic acid, montmorillonite, butylene glycol, palmitic acid, glycol stearate, lauric acid, stearic acid, titanium dioxide, potassium hydroxide, fragrance, shea butter, phenoxyethanol, sodium hydroxide, sodium hexametaphosphate, butylparaben, salicylic acid, tetrasodium edta, propylparaben, p-anisic acid, o-cymen-5-ol, rosa canina fruit oil, hexyl cinnamal, tocopherol, propylene glycol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, geraniol, farnesol, rosa gallica extract, red 33, nelumbium speciosum extract, red 4

on 12/7/2009 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

This is a good cleanser but I can't, for the life of me, figure out why it was part of a set for dry skin. It's very drying all over my face; my cheeks and forehead are actually taut (and not in the good way) after using it. It doesn't irritate my skin but does bother my eyes a bit. Most products do, so that's not a great strike against it.

In its favor, it foams beautifully and a very small amount, about the size of a pea, is enough for face and neck. But even though the Confort toner, which came with it, seems to alleviate the dryness, I'm not using this cleanser any longer and certainly won't buy it again.

on 12/3/2009 9:51:00 AM

This is a beautiful cleanser. I use it when I have had a hard day or when I am getting ready for a night out. The cleanser makes my skin soft and glowing and really clean! I use it with the Hydra Zen cream and eye cream. My skin is in great condition when I use this at least once a week in the summer and pretty much every day in the winter. Love it. Will repurchase.

on 6/19/2009 3:31:00 AM

This creamy foam does really clean your face and leaves it pure and cleanse. However, it really dries out my face and caused breakouts. The smell is soft, however you can find better products at drugstores..

on 5/16/2009 7:39:00 AM

I really love the rosey smell to this. It cleans my face well after a long day of work and school. I have slightly dry/normal skin without any breakouts with the occasional pimple during my cycle. Definitely a repurchase!

The texture is nice and the packaging is nice. As to the efficacy of the product itself, like what the other reviewers said, I feel that it doesn't clean thoroughly. And the smell is a bit overpowering.

on 9/5/2008 5:24:00 AM

I'm not very keen on this product, below is the list why:
1. Nice consistency of "foaming cream" however it does not apply smoothly on face.
2. The scent is pretty but I find it too aggressive. It makes me doubt about product mildness.
3. Cleansing properties are really weak, it does not clean properly even the light make-up - after using it my towel was always with make-up on it.
4. Even though it's designed for dry skin for mine it was drying not even less than ordinary shower gel.
5. The packaging is nice, however the cap is too small to make it stand stably and I prefer products with a pomp.

Generally I'm the opinion that it's not a good cleanser for dry skin.

on 1/20/2008 3:11:00 PM

(This is an updated review for the recently re-packaged version of this product). Background: The 'original' version that came in a pale pink tube, with lid, was very drying and more highly scented than the recently upgraded version. In addition, I've discovered that, for best efficacy, you need to give this product a chance (3 months +), as well as use it conservatively. This isn't what I'd class as a mu remover, it's a CLEANSER-there's a difference. Texture: Light and foamy. Scent: Mild, floral, which dissipates after use. Not as scented as either Clarifiance or Galatee Confort Cleansing Milk. Usage: I reserve this cleanser for days when I haven't been wearing full makeup or a lot of sunscreen. Therefore, I don't use this on a daily basis-maybe every couple of days or so. Accordingly, I use a tiny smear of this on a dampened, non-latex m/up remover sponge, and press gently into my skin, then "spritz" my skin with tepid water. Perfectly effective. Refreshing without being too drying. A nice 'switch' from milkier cleansers by Lancome.

on 10/27/2007 5:14:00 AM

Great scent, goes a long long way. Perfect for dry skin, maybe even combo skin in winter. Definitely a fave, and I've tried nearly every cleanser under the sun!

on 8/27/2007 3:27:00 AM

Very Good. I like it.

on 8/8/2007 11:00:00 PM

I am on my fouth tube of this product and I have tried just about most of the poplular cleaners out there and alway find myself going back
to this one time and time again . I love how it makes my skin so
soft and quite clear have no troubles with breakouts this is really'my HG and I hope Lancome will not dicontinue