Chapstick lipbalm

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredients: Padimate O (1.5%), White Petrolatum (44%) Inactive Ingredients: Arachidyl Propionate, Camphor, Cetearyl Alcohol, D&C Red 6 Barium Lake (CI 15850), FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, Fragrance, Isopropyl Lanolate, Isopropyl Myristate, Lanolin, Light Mineral Oil, Methylparaben, Octyldodecanol, Oleyl Alcohol, Phenyl Methicone, Propylparaben, Titanium Dioxide, Wax

on 2/28/2008 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I can't imagine life without Chapstick! :) I keep one in every purse, in my medicine cabinet, beside the bed... I use it every morning under my lipstick, throughout the day, and every night before going to bed. My husband always comments on my soft lips! I like the cherry and the original. Cherry adds a bit of color and looks great over lip liner. I have been complimented on the look!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Okay, I just gotta say it: ChapStick Original Scent is my desert-island lip balm. I have reviewed dozens of balms on this site, many of which came and went and are now moldering in a forgotten train case in the closet. What's the one balm I always have in the car for easy access? Plain old black-label ChapStick. Yeah, it's just petrolatum and wax with a few other things thrown in, but it's just perfect IMO. The scent is kind of cold-cream-ish and comforting, the texture is thick and waxy and stays put a long time. I like that. I hate thin, oily balms that slide off my lips. ChapStick makes my lips look really nice and "finished" even without lipstick, and it works very well in harsh conditions. It may not be the most glamorous product, but it's my go-to lip balm.

on 2/11/2008 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

Out of all of the Chapsticks I've tried, I'd pick this last cause the other ones just smell so much better! I still think that the scent of the Original is decent, and it works just as well as the others. It should, as it IS the original!

on 2/6/2008 10:52:00 PM

After a week of using the original formula, the Chapstick started to smell like dirty feet. I had bought this in a two pack -- the unused tube did also. It made me want to throw up. I'll stick with Blistex.

on 1/29/2008 2:54:00 PM

THis is my HG of lip balms. I have very dry lips due to Accutane use, so I apply a lip balm every few hours. Chapstick is basic, cheap, stays on my lips and isn't too waxy. It doesn't come off in clumps (unless I've left it in the sun) and I love the tube applicator. There are a couple different varities (with different SPFs and flavors) but I think they all work about the same.

on 1/10/2008 11:17:00 PM

I used to use Burts Bees lip balm and Blistex; I liked the tingly sensation but then both dried my lips out after a few minutes. One day my boyfriend bought me a Chapstick Lip Balm (standard black one with white cap) and a BB Lip Balm and had me try one on each side of my lips at the checkout just after purchase. Chapstick won hands down! It is also WAY better than Blistex or anything else, except maybe Vaseline. Try it! It's much smoother and seals moisture in. Huge difference. (He does a lot of camping and has tried different things which is why he was pushing the chapstick.)

on 9/13/2007 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Definitely a classic. If there's anything to complain about it's the feel, which is just a tad waxy. Other than that I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for CS.

on 7/3/2007 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This Chapstick (the original in the black tube) has a nostalgic place in my heart because it was the only lip balm my dad used when I was little, so the smell reminds me of him. (He's still living, but my husband and I live a couple thousand miles away from my parents, so the scent "brings me home.") The moisturizing effects are good, but not great and the SPF is only 4 so I won't repurchase this when my last tube is used up. The only reason I bought it recently was because the Chapstick with SPF15 was temporarily sold out.

on 5/22/2007 1:48:00 PM

I've just read somewhere that Chapstick was discovered by a pharmacist in the 1880's. It started out as a stick of wax covered with tin and the pharmacist couldn't make a profit with it. He earned $50 in one year from sales of the product, however it cost him $70 to create and work on the product so he sold the patent to a husband and wife duo for $2,000 in the 1890's, I believe. But the couple began to "market" the product, which is something the pharmacist hadn't done.They also changed the container into a tube. Due to good marketing, Chapstick then became successful. The patent has been sold 2-3 times since then. True story.

on 11/28/2006 9:31:00 AM

Well I have to admit, this is probably my HG of lip products. Though I prefer the glossy fashion over function, I just about have a panic attack if I leave the house without my Chap Stick Lip Moisturizer in my pants pocket. If my pants don't have a pocket, then I put it in my sock. I cannot not have this stuff. It has no taste (though lip products are not to be eaten anyway), a light vanilla-y scent, and it's thick enough to stay on for hours, even though I re-apply it all day long. Bonus, it has an SPF of 15 - very important! Have bought numerous times before, and will never stop buying.

Top Rated Chapstick Products