October 23, 2014 | 1270 users online

Bronzers - Estee Lauder - Bronze Goddess

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by IridessaS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE this bronzer!! I have medium to dark skin and this shows up great on my face! I have it in shade medium deep and I can use it as a bronzer and for contouring, which is hard to find with my skin color. I can find good contouring powders, but it's hard to find a bronzer that can show up on medium dark skin and not look like a highlighter, not have too much sparkle and not show up too orange.
LOVE!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by MegE

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my HG bronzer 10+ years ago (see review below, my opinions still hold true) and I recently rediscovered when EL relaunched it as part of their Bronze Goddess Collection for Spring 2013. It's the same formula/ingredients as the previous incarnation (thankfully!), but it now comes in 4 shades: Light, Medium, Medium Deep, and Deep. The shade names are misleading, though, because they don't go from light-to-dark. Rather, the difference between them is undertone: Light is peachy, Medium is rosy, Medium Deep is yellow, Deep is red-bronze. For example, I thought I would wear Light since I have a light skintone (MAC NC20), but after chatting with an EL MA and having her explain the color-system, she then tested a few shades on me and Medium was perfect for my skintone. FYI, for those that were fans of the previous Matte Bronzer, the shade Medium is the same. I was informed of this both during a Live Chat on EL.com and by the EL MA. Although, I no longer have my old compact to compare the two. I also love the new compact, which has an elegant tortoise shell pattern.

Bronze Goddess Powder Bronzer (from EL Customer Service, 2013):
INGREDIENTS: TALC [] C12-15 ALKYL OCTANOATE [] ZINC STEARATE [] C9-15 FLUOROALCOHOL PHOSPHATE [] METHYL METHACRYLATE/GLYCOL DIMETHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER [] ALUMINA [] LAUROYL LYSINE [] PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAETHYLHEXANOATE [] CAPRYLYL GLYCOL [] WATER\AQUA\EAU [] BISABOLOL [] PANTHENYL TRIACETATE [] HEXYLENE GLYCOL [] BHT [] POTASSIUM SORBATE [] PHENOXYETHANOL [] FARNESYL ACETATE [] FARNESOL [] [+/- MICA [] TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891) [] IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) [] YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140) [] CARMINE (CI 75470) [] ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007)]

My original review from 2002:
This is a fabulous bronzer for fair to light-medium skintones! Non-orangey and leaves a matte, yet ever so slightly glowy finish. Oil-free and a great option for acne-prone and oily/combo skins. It's Sage "safe", meaning it doesn't have any known comedogenic ingred. that could cause zits. It comes in a cute and huge compact w/ brush. I strongly rec. this bronzer to any and all light skinned gals! Finally...a bronzer for US!!!

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2013 12:20:00 AM More reviews by sassy869

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This needs to be applied with a light hand for those of us with fair skin and pink undertones. I have found it's not something you can swipe on without really looking. It does have staying power, either over or without your base makeup, however I haven't tried it without primer. It does seem to turn me orange under certain obtrusive fluorescent lighting scenarios, but those are my nemesis. I don't understand how anyone over ten years of age can look good. It shows every blemish from birth. I've tried this on and off over the past year. I'm quite fair, have had rosacea for the past few years, and my skin has been all over the board due to ...(there's way too many words to insert here)...mid-forty hormones (this seems to sum it up, and those of you, and you know who you are, totally 'get' it). If you leave the house, and you do a 'natural daylight' makeup check at some point, only to find you look a bit like you could be waiting to go on stage....well, it's not going to be the fault of this bronzer. The packaging is spectacular. I understand not all compacts are created equal, and you can indeed get a bad one, no matter the name or price tag. This was in my purse during a recent move. While driving the truck (that looked remarkably like something that should require a special license to operate), an unforeseen, somewhat unpleasant incident occurred. There was a sharp left hand turn made (due to my ninja like moves), then chaos followed as my purse dumped out all over the lovely industrial metal floor. After it was all said and done, my bronzer was still in it's original state! No chips, no chunks dumping out, perfect! Give it a try! (not the ninja turn)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 2:05:00 AM More reviews by katielester

BEST BRONZER OUT THERE! Looks naturally beautiful over foundation or when used by itself. I don't like to wear heavy face makeup so I usually just apply bb cream then sweep bronze goddess over my entire face to give me a healthy, natural glow. It's not orange at all and doesn't go on splotchy like some bronzers I've tried in the past. I love the convenient compact design with built in mirror and brush included (which is actually very high quality). Can't say enough good about this product, it truly is the best bronzer on the market!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by E321

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Best single tone bronzer on the market!

Looks great over any shade of foundation, matches a natural fan or fake perfectly. Doesn't look unnatural or shimmery. Good it comes with a brush too!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by fairiedust

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Doesn't look orange. Leaves your skin super matte all day.The two different shades are great for contouring. Looks amazing in pictures. Great matte texture to the skin. I've used this powder for four years now, tried tons of other brands but none of them do the trick. I'd say it's the best bronzer for humid or wet climates. Couldn't live without it. Worth every penny of the price even though it's pretty expensive. Estee really do the best skinbase products on the market for a lasting matte finish :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 12:44:00 AM More reviews by Jexka

I've been using this bronzer for years and years, mostly because it seems to come in every GWP that I get. I've actually never had to purchase it. I just used one up, and I have two more sitting in a drawer!
Normally I'd complain about getting the same product sample over and over, but I love this bronzer. This is a matte bronzer, and although I can always see golden glitters in the pan, they do not show up at all on the face. The color is perfect for me...not dark and muddy looking, not too orange or red-based. This is one bronzer that I can use year round. It's dark enough that I can contour with it in the winter when I am more pale, and I can use it all over my face in the summer when I'm tan. I've never had an issue with this looking patchy or giving that "dirty bronzer" look, no matter what brush I use with this. Many bronzers I have require me to be very careful and use specific brushes, otherwise they look awful. This always looks flawless and natural.
Like I said, I seem to always have one of these on hand, but if I ever actually needed to, I would definitely purchase this. I think this would make a great staple bronzer for anyone with light to medium skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by myzweibo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am obsessed with the matte bronzer! I hate looking glittery, and this matte version is exactly what i've been looking for! I have fair-medium, sensitive skin, and this bronzer gives me a tan glow without looking orange! This is a great buy and worth every penny! I would absolutely recommend this bronzer!!! Its perfect for daytime to nighttime (and looks great in pictures). I would absolutely recommend this bronzer!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2012 9:05:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

So-so. Doesn't show up too well on me. Doesn't last very long. Colour would suit paler people more. Hard to build up. I wonder if I will ever finish it up, as I don't find it useful. I prefer liquid bronzer- tge finish is more natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2012 8:03:00 PM More reviews by Judeanna

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best bronzer I've ever used.

My skin is quite fair with a warm undertone. I use this very lightly all over my face after I've applied foundation, and then go over my cheekbones/cheeks instead of using blush. It gives a healthy and beautiful glow. It doesn't look too dark, too light, or orange.

I don't use the brush that comes with it (although it's not bad), but use either a powder or a large blush brush. This bronzer is a good value, considering the amount of product in the compact. I use the matte version, as I feel that's more flattering for daily wear.