July 26, 2014 | 1822 users online

Bronzers - Estee Lauder - Bronze Goddess

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2013 12:20:00 AM More reviews by sassy869

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This needs to be applied with a light hand for those of us with fair skin and pink undertones. I have found it's not something you can swipe on without really looking. It does have staying power, either over or without your base makeup, however I haven't tried it without primer. It does seem to turn me orange under certain obtrusive fluorescent lighting scenarios, but those are my nemesis. I don't understand how anyone over ten years of age can look good. It shows every blemish from birth. I've tried this on and off over the past year. I'm quite fair, have had rosacea for the past few years, and my skin has been all over the board due to ...(there's way too many words to insert here)...mid-forty hormones (this seems to sum it up, and those of you, and you know who you are, totally 'get' it). If you leave the house, and you do a 'natural daylight' makeup check at some point, only to find you look a bit like you could be waiting to go on stage....well, it's not going to be the fault of this bronzer. The packaging is spectacular. I understand not all compacts are created equal, and you can indeed get a bad one, no matter the name or price tag. This was in my purse during a recent move. While driving the truck (that looked remarkably like something that should require a special license to operate), an unforeseen, somewhat unpleasant incident occurred. There was a sharp left hand turn made (due to my ninja like moves), then chaos followed as my purse dumped out all over the lovely industrial metal floor. After it was all said and done, my bronzer was still in it's original state! No chips, no chunks dumping out, perfect! Give it a try! (not the ninja turn)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 2:05:00 AM More reviews by katielester

BEST BRONZER OUT THERE! Looks naturally beautiful over foundation or when used by itself. I don't like to wear heavy face makeup so I usually just apply bb cream then sweep bronze goddess over my entire face to give me a healthy, natural glow. It's not orange at all and doesn't go on splotchy like some bronzers I've tried in the past. I love the convenient compact design with built in mirror and brush included (which is actually very high quality). Can't say enough good about this product, it truly is the best bronzer on the market!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by E321

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Best single tone bronzer on the market!

Looks great over any shade of foundation, matches a natural fan or fake perfectly. Doesn't look unnatural or shimmery. Good it comes with a brush too!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by fairiedust

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Doesn't look orange. Leaves your skin super matte all day.The two different shades are great for contouring. Looks amazing in pictures. Great matte texture to the skin. I've used this powder for four years now, tried tons of other brands but none of them do the trick. I'd say it's the best bronzer for humid or wet climates. Couldn't live without it. Worth every penny of the price even though it's pretty expensive. Estee really do the best skinbase products on the market for a lasting matte finish :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 12:44:00 AM More reviews by Jexka

I've been using this bronzer for years and years, mostly because it seems to come in every GWP that I get. I've actually never had to purchase it. I just used one up, and I have two more sitting in a drawer!
Normally I'd complain about getting the same product sample over and over, but I love this bronzer. This is a matte bronzer, and although I can always see golden glitters in the pan, they do not show up at all on the face. The color is perfect for me...not dark and muddy looking, not too orange or red-based. This is one bronzer that I can use year round. It's dark enough that I can contour with it in the winter when I am more pale, and I can use it all over my face in the summer when I'm tan. I've never had an issue with this looking patchy or giving that "dirty bronzer" look, no matter what brush I use with this. Many bronzers I have require me to be very careful and use specific brushes, otherwise they look awful. This always looks flawless and natural.
Like I said, I seem to always have one of these on hand, but if I ever actually needed to, I would definitely purchase this. I think this would make a great staple bronzer for anyone with light to medium skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by myzweibo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am obsessed with the matte bronzer! I hate looking glittery, and this matte version is exactly what i've been looking for! I have fair-medium, sensitive skin, and this bronzer gives me a tan glow without looking orange! This is a great buy and worth every penny! I would absolutely recommend this bronzer!!! Its perfect for daytime to nighttime (and looks great in pictures). I would absolutely recommend this bronzer!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2012 9:05:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

So-so. Doesn't show up too well on me. Doesn't last very long. Colour would suit paler people more. Hard to build up. I wonder if I will ever finish it up, as I don't find it useful. I prefer liquid bronzer- tge finish is more natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2012 8:03:00 PM More reviews by Judeanna

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best bronzer I've ever used.

My skin is quite fair with a warm undertone. I use this very lightly all over my face after I've applied foundation, and then go over my cheekbones/cheeks instead of using blush. It gives a healthy and beautiful glow. It doesn't look too dark, too light, or orange.

I don't use the brush that comes with it (although it's not bad), but use either a powder or a large blush brush. This bronzer is a good value, considering the amount of product in the compact. I use the matte version, as I feel that's more flattering for daily wear.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Ispania

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this bronze for five years! When a Macy's assistant used it on my friend's face, I liked it so much and bought it right away. But at home I couldn't figure out how to use it. More over five years ago I didn't use any blush!
Now I started to use blush and It came in handy. Even though it's expired long time ago I use it and I kinda ... Started to like it. I use it as a blush this summer. It has tiny sparkles, but they are invisible when you apply it on the face. Its more a matte blush. It comes with a brush which is flat and semicircular and it works well when I want to apply it on the apples of my cheeks only.
The package is big. I don't know how many years it will take to use it up, probably five more or even longer! It's too big for a blush.
I am happy I can use it now, but I think there are better bronze out there and cheaper too. This one cost me 40$ five years ago, but as I told it will last forever.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2012 2:36:00 AM More reviews by makeuploveraus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This bronzer was not for me, it didnít suit my skin tone at all. I also found there were too many light reflective pigments which made daywear difficult. This bronzer to me is just average which is surprising given it comes from such a high-profile brand. The packaging is also rather inconvenient. Yes the value for money is great because itís a generous amount however I canít take this out in my clutch at night. I also found the bronzer to be a flat tone of brown; it needed more warmth even though I have underlying yellow tones. If you are thinking of buying this bronzer get the SA to test it on you first as itís not quite the typical bronzer