Dior Long Optic mascara

3.2

on 2/7/2004 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I actually liked this mascara. But i dont love it so i wouldnt repurchase. Its great for a natural lash darkener and daytime looks. Doesnt flake or clump. Although i like it, its not worth the price tag, but overall its a nice mascara.

on 1/17/2004 8:32:00 PM

At first, this mascara made my lashes look like WOW! They were long and lush but by the end of the day, 80% of the mascara were under my eyes. I thought it could have been the humidity but c'mon! It was fall when I had it on and I don't remember crying or anything. I tried it again but the results were the same. It's such a shame but Maximeyes seems to be an "improvement" version of this. I was such a fool to buy this pricey thing without checking the reviews first. I will never repurchase and I won't recommend it to anyone even though it seems that it works for some people.

on 12/17/2003 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is an okay mascara, but nothing like you would expect from C.D. - I was disappointed with the tube - the handle is really 'fat', and the tube is skinny. It did nothing for my short, skinny lashes. Will not buy again.

Great product. Stays on well,even through tears. Sad to say.

on 10/28/2003 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Okay, this was a hard one to rate. I am biased toward Dior, so.... Great for darkening and lengthening. I advise that you curl your lashes first. This is so important. No clumps, but unfortunately, it didn't thicken my lashes. Not for creating a sultry, smoky look. Good daytime look. Powder beneath your lower lashes and you won't get that rubbing off I read about in another review. They looked pretty good, but maybe not good enough for the price.

on 10/27/2003 12:22:00 AM

This is not a good mascara. It did a great job of making my lashes look longer and thicker and without clumping but always by the end of the day, it makes me look like I have racoon eyes. It ends up below my lower lashes. Don't know why?!?!? Definitely too expensive for the performance it gives.

on 10/9/2003 10:51:00 PM

yeah, this one kinda sux... its clumps, dried out too quickly, i felt bad, cause i love CD.

on 9/17/2003 8:37:00 PM

I too am VERY dissapointed in this mascara! I had HIGH hopes and it did NOT deliver! In fact, it made my lashes look droopy and shorter if that's possible! Sadly, I'm still ISO a HG mascara.

on 8/29/2003 4:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

It did nothing for my thin and blonde lashes and it's like an ordinary cheap mascara. I'm satisfied with Yves Saint Laurent's Faux Cills.

on 7/13/2003 4:02:00 PM

I got this in a free gift type thing and was relly impressed, so i bought a full-size tube.
It is NOT a volumising mascara. it is for definitiong, length and separationn. don't expect thick,luscious lashes cos you won't get them, not matter how many coats you put on. my lashes are really sparse and short and stumpy, and this lengthens them nicely, and if you put a few coats on without letting them dry in between each coat, you can really tease them to curl up and make your lashes look a lot longer and curlier than they actually are. overall - nice mascara, no flaking, lasts all day, unfortunately not waterproof - one day i was stood at a bus stop and the wind in my eyes was really making them water and the mascara went all over the place - v embarrassing. woulnd't but it again because a) the packaging is a bit old fashioned b) it's quite expesinve for what it does (and doesn't do). good for a natural look.