MAC Spite lipglass

4.3

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I like this colour,

I will either wear this over top of a neutral lipstick OR blend in a little brown lip liner. Looks great for a neutral look on my dark skin

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Ive been using this lip gloss since 2001 and its a mauve-beige very nude and pulls a smokey eye and nude lips perfectly.

This is my favorite lipglass! I have repurchased it many times over (actually currently waiting for another to be shipped to me.) I have a very hard time finding a good nude neutral lip, as I am very fair skinned but my lips are highly pigmented. Everything looks to pink or orange on me. This is a taupe with no shimmer and a bit of a grey undertone which perfectly tones down my lips. I don't know why I ever buy other shades, I keep coming back to this one! Keep in mind that this really is a grey-taupe shade (I think it has a tinge of lilac in it also) so, if that shade gives you "liver lips" this shade is not for you.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

This gloss is "milky"like underaged. There is no shimmer, its matte. Its so hard to discribe this colour. Its a mauvy dark colour, its not brown..hm ..it looks like a mix of brown and a purplish colour mixed together almost mudding looking. Its difffernt. Its nice.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Never again. i'm an nc45 , this stuff look so grey and ghastly on me i couldn't stand to see it on my lips. Never ever agaiin

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

One of my favorite lipglass colors! Very neutral taupe with a hint of pink, and no shimmer. I don't like bright colors, so this is the perfect YLBB gloss that really pulls my look together. Looks great worn lightly for a nude lip. It pairs well with most looks, I use it mainly when I do a neutral eye, because it adds the perfect finishing touch. Try this if you haven't already!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I almost gave this a bad review before I came on here and read some reviews. I tried this on in the store and of course it looked really good but when I tried it the next morning it was all gray and pasty looking on me. lol Anyway after reading a few reviews, it was recommended to put on a little lip balm before applying. That way it goes on much smoother and for me, it makes it last longer. So trying it with the lip balm and not coating my lips so heavily, spite looks pretty darn good on me. I use the bbq lip pencil with it also.
12/6/10 Edit: I only use this sparingly and kinda dot on, on top of something else. I hardly ever use it just by itself but I still like it though.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm fair skinned (C2 or C3) so I have to be a bit modest with this color, it can come off a little dark and make me look washed out, but I like it all the same, its a very nice color, taupey-pinkey. Great texture too!

This is what makes MAC so special. I've never seen such an odd combination of colors. Is it brown or mauve? Who knows for sure, but they sure do work! Another perfect color for those smokey eye days.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This color is so ugly in the tube. My heart sank when my order came in the mail. But when applied, it looks great. It's close to my natural lip color, but a little deeper. There's a little sheen because of the gloss but no glitter or shimmer. Looks great over a pale pink lippie. I like the muted lip look that Angelina Jolie sports, so Spite is a keeper for me.

Edit: My HG two+ years later. Very close to my natural lip color. I can see how it would be gray on others, but I love it.

Recommended for Medium Skin