August 21, 2014 | 1574 users online

Lip Gloss - MAC - Spite lipglass

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2009 4:43:00 PM More reviews by beautyaddict1982

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ive been using this lip gloss since 2001 and its a mauve-beige very nude and pulls a smokey eye and nude lips perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2009 10:50:00 AM More reviews by eiluj44

This is my favorite lipglass! I have repurchased it many times over (actually currently waiting for another to be shipped to me.) I have a very hard time finding a good nude neutral lip, as I am very fair skinned but my lips are highly pigmented. Everything looks to pink or orange on me. This is a taupe with no shimmer and a bit of a grey undertone which perfectly tones down my lips. I don't know why I ever buy other shades, I keep coming back to this one! Keep in mind that this really is a grey-taupe shade (I think it has a tinge of lilac in it also) so, if that shade gives you "liver lips" this shade is not for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2009 1:54:00 AM More reviews by BossWoman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This gloss is "milky"like underaged. There is no shimmer, its matte. Its so hard to discribe this colour. Its a mauvy dark colour, its not brown..hm ..it looks like a mix of brown and a purplish colour mixed together almost mudding looking. Its difffernt. Its nice.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2008 2:13:00 AM More reviews by trinigal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Never again. i'm an nc45 , this stuff look so grey and ghastly on me i couldn't stand to see it on my lips. Never ever agaiin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2008 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

One of my favorite lipglass colors! Very neutral taupe with a hint of pink, and no shimmer. I don't like bright colors, so this is the perfect YLBB gloss that really pulls my look together. Looks great worn lightly for a nude lip. It pairs well with most looks, I use it mainly when I do a neutral eye, because it adds the perfect finishing touch. Try this if you haven't already!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2008 3:49:00 PM More reviews by mdorese21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I almost gave this a bad review before I came on here and read some reviews. I tried this on in the store and of course it looked really good but when I tried it the next morning it was all gray and pasty looking on me. lol Anyway after reading a few reviews, it was recommended to put on a little lip balm before applying. That way it goes on much smoother and for me, it makes it last longer. So trying it with the lip balm and not coating my lips so heavily, spite looks pretty darn good on me. I use the bbq lip pencil with it also.
12/6/10 Edit: I only use this sparingly and kinda dot on, on top of something else. I hardly ever use it just by itself but I still like it though.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2007 8:32:00 PM More reviews by bluegreyhaze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm fair skinned (C2 or C3) so I have to be a bit modest with this color, it can come off a little dark and make me look washed out, but I like it all the same, its a very nice color, taupey-pinkey. Great texture too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2007 5:23:00 PM More reviews by BebeLush

This is what makes MAC so special. I've never seen such an odd combination of colors. Is it brown or mauve? Who knows for sure, but they sure do work! Another perfect color for those smokey eye days.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2007 1:14:00 PM More reviews by muobsession

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This color is so ugly in the tube. My heart sank when my order came in the mail. But when applied, it looks great. It's close to my natural lip color, but a little deeper. There's a little sheen because of the gloss but no glitter or shimmer. Looks great over a pale pink lippie. I like the muted lip look that Angelina Jolie sports, so Spite is a keeper for me.

Edit: My HG two+ years later. Very close to my natural lip color. I can see how it would be gray on others, but I love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2007 10:58:00 PM More reviews by HIYELLOW

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Spite is an INTERESTING lipgloss. It looks kind of pinkish brown and almost boring in the tube. However, it is DECEPTIVE because on the lips of an NC 30-35, GGG, it looks FANTASTIC. I has NO glitter and is just smooth and clear and glassy. Spite is great because it makes the lips look wet with no glitter. The color is sexy I can just swipe it and my lips and face look better. I also wear it in professional settings because it is muted. I have purchased it twice and will continue to in the future. It is also versatile because it changes depending on the lip liner.