Korres Body Butter - Guava

4.2

Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Glycerin, Helianthus Annuus Oil (Hybrid Sunflower), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil (Sweet Almond), Dicaprylyl Ether, Squalane, Cetearyl Glucoside, Butyrospermum Parkii, Persea Gratissima Citral, Citric Acid, Citronellol, Coumarin, Eugenol, Geraniol, Grape Seed Extract (Vitis Vinifera), Hexyl Cinnamal, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Lactic Acid, Limonene, Parfume, PEG 8, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Pyrus Cydonia Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Xanthan Gum

on 12/26/2011 2:30:00 PM

I love this product! It actually did make my skin feeling soft and moisturized! The scent did take a little getting used to, and it did smelled more like coconut than guava. However, for some reason, after using it for a few times, I began to pick up the smell of fresh guava and just a hint of citrus which I love.

The consistency of the product is very thick and is a tad hard to smear it smoothly over my skin, it also takes awhile for it to sink in, but other than that, its a good product for the colder months. I use this at night after shower. Price wise its a tad pricey where I live, but I think its not bad for an occasional splurge. Would probably repurchase this from time to time.

on 12/22/2011 7:40:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I tried it for the first time today after getting a really good deal on Sephora but didn't like it at all. The scent is way too strong, smells like coconut. I also found it very thick and difficult to apply. It sat on my extremely dry skin and didn't absorb at all. It's going back!

on 11/26/2011 12:31:00 AM

Smells and works amazing. Not sticky or oily or anything. I have to be careful to use it sparingly as I only have the smaller sample size from the black friday sale. But wow, I'm definitely going back to repurchase once I run out. Did i mention how divine the guava smell is?

EDIT: I am removing one lippie because of the fact that this thing is too expensive for what it is. I have started using Eucerin Calming Lotion and Vaseline Extra Strength with better results. Still smells awesome though

on 11/6/2011 4:43:00 PM

Guava seems to be one of the more subtle scents for Korres body butters but I agree with the reviews below it smells nothing like the name it depicts. There's a similar situation with a few other scents with Korres, it just comes off perfumey, distinct and hard to describe... however ignoring that fact this stuff is rather amazing for me.

It's thick, but not greasy and offers good moisturizing properties... however what I did discover is that it can work wonders on eczema for some cases. My little brother has had horrific cases of eczema last year and we don't want him to use prescribed chemically creams with steroids and such so we gave this a try figuring what's there to lose? For the past 2 years, he has ONLY used Korres body butter (on a daily basis) and I've seen no skin rash/irritations since! It may be just average if mediocre if you have normal skin but for someone with skin sensitivity and product sensitivity, this is a miracle product and is a healthier option. I have bought many tubes/bottles since. Even my mother with itchy dry skin loves this stuff. I just wish the scents were a bit better. I've tried various, they can be really strong at times.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I absolutely LOVE the scent of this body butter! It's so lush and tropical. Perfect for summer time!! It's very addictive!

on 9/24/2011 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this due to the hype and i Must say! it was totally not worth it. It's very greasy, takes forever to settle into my skin and leaves a film behind. BLEh who wants thaT??? the smell is horrible (to me anyway, i know i know... scents are subjective) but let me say.. this smells nothing like guava. it smells like... hm. baby powder>? sunscreen-ish? and rotten coconut/fig. i will nOt repurchase this. Im glad i bought the travel size at ulta for 7 bucks because i would've returned the big size in a heartbeat. So many other moisturizers can do the job of this cream, if not better. at half the cost. There's nothing special about this. seriously.

*****IMPORTANT****
ok i found out why i didnt like this at first, this is the ingredients list

look at it

Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Coco-Caprylate/ Caprate, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Glycerin, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Dicaprylyl Ether, Squalane, Cetearyl Glucoside, Butyrospermum Parkii, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Ceteareth- 33, Alcohol, Ascorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Benzyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citral, Citric Acid, Citronellol, Coumarin, Eugenol, Geraniol, Grape (Vitis Vinifera) Seed Extract, Hexyl Cinnamal, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Lactic Acid, Limonene, Parfum, PEG-8, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Pyrus Cydonia Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Xanthan Gum.

this ingredients list is from who knows when, but it was very filmy, greasy and just gross. the NEWER -this is 2011- version i see at sephora is with

Water (eau), Cetearyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Glycerin, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Squalane, Dicaprylyl Ether, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Cetearyl Glucoside, Ceteareth-33, Fragrance (parfum), Butylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Potassium Sorbate, PEG-8, Alcohol, Lactic Acid, Tocopherol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Pyrus Cydonia Seed Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Citric Acid.

as you can see SOME things have been switched up, this newer formulation absorbs much better.

ALSO!!!!!!!
with these current formulations they're pretty much the same in terms of ingredients, the only thing different is the last like 4 ingredients which are the extracts for the scents, and obviously the fragrance. I looked at every single ingredients list and the YOGHURT body butter is the ONLY one with YOGURT as its fourth ingredient. yogurt is supposed to be full of goodies for the skin. just a thought. to me the yoghurt BB smells gross though. *sorry that my post is unorganized i've had to delete a lot*

EDIT: Ok im changing my overall rating from 1 to 3 lippies because this is an excellent hand cream - you seriously only need a smidgen- anything more will leave a greasy feeling, i've tried other creams like first aid beauty)gross balled up), pacifica(not as silky as Korres, loved the scent), gold bond(tacky), nivea, etc etc and nothing left my hands feeling as silky as this did. it made them almost translucent. and so so very soft. i have yet to put this anywhere on my body but i may need to as winter is quickly approaching..

Anyway try these from Sephora where you can most absolutely return them if you hate the scent. Then if you for sure know which scent is your favorite try to catch a deal from HSN they usually have a 2-pack deal (they have a 2 pack (not one full size body butter but TWO) of Guava BBs for 24 plus 5 shipping) It saves you some money. .Originally, at 30 bucks a tube these can get pretty pricey, look for deals and sets. Happy moisturizing !!
Edit: i ended up getting the Fig one. I did use this on my arms,which are very very dry.. And this made them feel like silk at the end of the day!!!!! :] you only need a tiny bit to moisturize your whole torso ~about a fingers length of cream squeezed out~ . At least thats what i use. The guava scent is definitely non-cloying, so i think i will buy that scent next.. My only ONLY gripe with this is the lack of SPF
Edit: Cerave lotion does what this lotion does at a fraction of the cost, without the greasy residue this can leave behind if you use too much

on 8/24/2011 10:52:00 PM

I bought this a three piece set off HSN and love it. It really does leave skin looking glowing and healthy. I usually have dry patches and rough looking knees/elbows but using this right after showering with the matching body wash has gotten rid of all dry skin. This summer my skin has never looked better. I'm going to repurchase the set as I love all three products.

on 8/15/2011 5:51:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I'm currently using the third tube of this in a few different scents and I remember not liking it as much before. This time, I'm using it in the Guava scent and I love it.

It smells warm and moisturizes my very dry skin really well. My skin feels so smooth and soft after using it. Korres's body lotion does not work for me because its too light weight. I've also used the Quince scent and didn't like it.

Its a thick creamy texture, absorbs after 5-10 minutes on my very dry skin, longer for humid climate. I use it in airconditioned room and it absorbes quickly, when the room is not airconditioned, the air is very hot and humid, it remains tacky for an hour or so.

on 8/7/2011 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I love this stuff! I was really scared about the "butter" because it usually means it's really thick and heavy, but it smelled really good so I picked up a travel size. My extremely dry skin stays moisturized without feeling like I bathed in bacon grease. I've been buying the travel size bottles. I'm on my 4th one...I think it's time to upgrade!

on 7/14/2011 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a nice body butter it has really helped my dry skin, I wash my hands frequently I work in a hospital. I love the smell and I like the fact that it is in a tube. I will purchase this again!!