Tweezerman Blackhead/Blemish Extractor

4.2

on 1/17/2011 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Wow! Just... wow. This is amazing. I never knew such a little tool would make such a huge difference on my face. It's freakin' awesome!

I bought a knock-off one of these at walmart for two dollars. It works great, so it's probably as good as the real thing. I washed my face, exfoliated, then steamed my face. I've had really stubborn clogged pores on my nose for as long as I can remember. Even after exfoliating and steaming they are still there. I thought there was no hope. But then I got this. It's really easy to use. I use the flat side and just drag it down my face while putting pressure on it. It was disgusting but oh so satisfying to see what came out of my pores. I had to stop after 20 minutes because my face was getting really irritated, but I still got most of the sebum and junk out.

on 1/13/2011 7:51:00 PM

this thing is a lifesaver. i had my eye on this for a while now but always found it a bit too pricey, but i found it on sale at shoppers two days ago so I thought I'd give it a try. I use to have a huge litter of blackheads on my nose but after using this, I've been getting a lot of compliments and people saying how much clearer my skin is. I find for the more stubborn blackheads you have place the loop on it for a couple seconds, with slightly more presure but not so much that it's painful. afterwards, kind of slide the loop over it so you kind of 'scoop' up the gunk that comes out. I've had blackheads from years ago just coming out in seconds. even with the price, i would definitely repurchase if i lost it. good buy :)

on 11/6/2010 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I love this thing. As others have pointed out, do this when your pores are open (best after a warm shower) and don't press too hard. If you do these two things, you should have no problems damaging your skin. I used this on my significant other, and the feeling of extracting all his pores was so incredibly satifsying! I know it's kind of gross to some, I agree that dirty, full pores are gross. But cleaning them.. seriously, I'm telling you, it made me realize why people become facialists (or whatever they are called, sorry, don't know the official title). Anyway, my SOs pores are STILL looking great, 2 weeks later! Amazing! (I also convinced him to stop washing his face with bar-soap, and I think that helped too). I love this thing!

on 9/9/2010 1:46:00 AM

Ok, so this really is the only thing that works on removing stubborn blackheads. I have tried EVERY scrub, mask, facewash in the world...but once a blackhead is in there, the only way to get it out is with this tool, or one similar. I use a fine needle to break the top of the skin, making it easier for the gunk to pop out. Then I simply press and fingers crossed, something comes out! sometimes, if you press and nothing does, but you know the pore is clogged, your skin can get inflamed in reaction afterwards. Pretty much you have to hold your breath and hope that something comes out! But thats the risk i am willing to take. Blackheads are the bane of my life, and I dont care if no one else can see them on my face, I KNOW THEY ARE THERE! and will stop at nothing to get them out. This is the tool for it!

on 8/24/2010 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I love love love this. I use this once every week to remove dirt contents in my pores and white/blackhead on my nose. It works a lot better if you use it after a shower (my pore seem to open up after I have a shower, soo it a lot more effective to use this then to remove crap from my face.)

on 8/13/2010 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

OK so I've used this for the last 3 days so far and I know I am way too heavy handed and I should give up when those clogs don't surrender their evil contents but on those that have & the spots that were ripe enough, I cleared them out and OMG I didn't think there was that much inside them EEEEEWWW but yippeeeee!! I have been left with the noted red horsehoe shape from pressing too hard but that isn't the fault of the tool - its me, my technique (I am still learning) and how heavy I press and how much I persist. How my skin fares after clearing and how well it stays clear will depend on how gentle I am and what products I use after purging with this tool. I would recommend caution and reserve and to only do it when you don't hate your skin that much that picking and hacking is all you can do. Do this when you feel the bud of the clog is ready to come out, be gentle in persuading it and keep your tool sterilised and clean with every use. Prick a headed spot with a sterlised pin or needle once only and the roll the loop over it slowly and gently. Give up if it won't give it up. Only you are responsible for how well this works not the tool, be careful and it will reward you! Press and roll and lightly hook away from the clog lump/spot. I would re-buy if I lost this!

on 5/16/2010 4:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Before going on the acne.org regimen (which has since shrunken pores and got all the nasty gunk out), I had the worst enlarged pores on my nose, clogged and visibly brown-black. Makeup did not conceal this. Biore nose strips were crap, "pore shrinking" masks are crap (though they are good for absorbing excess oil), so I went and got this.

The key is to steam your face before using this. The reviewer further below who says she got "damaged" pores and says you do not need to steam your skin for this - wrong. that is your problem right there. You got your skin scarred cause you didn't do it correctly. Your pores need to be enlarged to get the best results, and the best way to do that is by steaming your face. If you do so for 5 minutes, your skin should be soft enough that you just gently press this and every thing will come out.

At first I used the flatside for blackheads/whiteheads but found the thin loop more effective. I use a handheld magnified mirror and just go to town. One of the small pleasures of this world is a sick delight in witnessing all the disgusting sebum pop out of your skin. Afterwards, my nose's pores were clean and even.

You have to be sure to clean this with antiseptic or something after each use so any bacteria isn't left lingering. For me, this tool of course did not give any long-term results, usually my pores clogged again within a few days, but it eliminated them entirely when I did use it that I have to give it 5 lippies. I think I'll still use this just to clean up any pores once in a while, but much less frequently now. Only blackhead product that delivers on its promise.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I like this product but I think learning how to use it properly is the key. Since using it, I have less white heads because my pores are clear.

on 5/4/2010 7:42:00 PM

This tool has cleaned out stubborn blackheads that have been on my face for months, possibly years. I use it after I get out of the shower when my pores are still dialated. I found it works better for me if I hold it horizontally instead of vertically. I then drag it downward towards the direction of the ground. I also find I get more blackheads from the outside of the loop instead of the inside. It was pricey but tweezerman makes quality items that will last a lifetime.

on 4/17/2010 7:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I like this since it was much better solution in popping my pimples with. :)

Popular Misc Beauty Tools