August 21, 2014 | 966 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Tweezerman - Blackhead/Blemish Extractor

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2010 2:49:00 AM More reviews by kathrynb23

I love love love this. I use this once every week to remove dirt contents in my pores and white/blackhead on my nose. It works a lot better if you use it after a shower (my pore seem to open up after I have a shower, soo it a lot more effective to use this then to remove crap from my face.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2010 11:17:00 AM More reviews by cemjay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

OK so I've used this for the last 3 days so far and I know I am way too heavy handed and I should give up when those clogs don't surrender their evil contents but on those that have & the spots that were ripe enough, I cleared them out and OMG I didn't think there was that much inside them EEEEEWWW but yippeeeee!! I have been left with the noted red horsehoe shape from pressing too hard but that isn't the fault of the tool - its me, my technique (I am still learning) and how heavy I press and how much I persist. How my skin fares after clearing and how well it stays clear will depend on how gentle I am and what products I use after purging with this tool. I would recommend caution and reserve and to only do it when you don't hate your skin that much that picking and hacking is all you can do. Do this when you feel the bud of the clog is ready to come out, be gentle in persuading it and keep your tool sterilised and clean with every use. Prick a headed spot with a sterlised pin or needle once only and the roll the loop over it slowly and gently. Give up if it won't give it up. Only you are responsible for how well this works not the tool, be careful and it will reward you! Press and roll and lightly hook away from the clog lump/spot. I would re-buy if I lost this!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2010 4:13:00 AM More reviews by characterarc

Before going on the acne.org regimen (which has since shrunken pores and got all the nasty gunk out), I had the worst enlarged pores on my nose, clogged and visibly brown-black. Makeup did not conceal this. Biore nose strips were crap, "pore shrinking" masks are crap (though they are good for absorbing excess oil), so I went and got this.

The key is to steam your face before using this. The reviewer further below who says she got "damaged" pores and says you do not need to steam your skin for this - wrong. that is your problem right there. You got your skin scarred cause you didn't do it correctly. Your pores need to be enlarged to get the best results, and the best way to do that is by steaming your face. If you do so for 5 minutes, your skin should be soft enough that you just gently press this and every thing will come out.

At first I used the flatside for blackheads/whiteheads but found the thin loop more effective. I use a handheld magnified mirror and just go to town. One of the small pleasures of this world is a sick delight in witnessing all the disgusting sebum pop out of your skin. Afterwards, my nose's pores were clean and even.

You have to be sure to clean this with antiseptic or something after each use so any bacteria isn't left lingering. For me, this tool of course did not give any long-term results, usually my pores clogged again within a few days, but it eliminated them entirely when I did use it that I have to give it 5 lippies. I think I'll still use this just to clean up any pores once in a while, but much less frequently now. Only blackhead product that delivers on its promise.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by jewelryvixen305

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like this product but I think learning how to use it properly is the key. Since using it, I have less white heads because my pores are clear.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2010 7:42:00 PM More reviews by wrinklefree

This tool has cleaned out stubborn blackheads that have been on my face for months, possibly years. I use it after I get out of the shower when my pores are still dialated. I found it works better for me if I hold it horizontally instead of vertically. I then drag it downward towards the direction of the ground. I also find I get more blackheads from the outside of the loop instead of the inside. It was pricey but tweezerman makes quality items that will last a lifetime.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2010 7:52:00 AM More reviews by cindyt36

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this since it was much better solution in popping my pimples with. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2010 3:04:00 PM More reviews by whill08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used one of these since middle school, and I really think everyone should own one. Overall, I have very nice skin. I do get some blackheads on my nose, and this is the only thing that gets rid of them. I use this when I get out of the shower so my pores are open. It really gets rid of the gunk if I use my clarisonic before I extract. The flat side is meant for blackheads, while the loop is for pimples. After I extract I usually put some 2.5% ben. peroxide cream on my nose to keep them from coming back. If I get a pimple this thing gets all the nasty stuff out, and followed by ben. peroxide it disappears in a day or so. It is not attractive to go around with a big whitehead on your face, and squeezing them with your fingers is harmful and you rarely get all the gunk out. This tool is so much better for you and is not damaging if you use it gently on steamed skin. If you have any less than flawless skin (meaning everyone) you should own one of these.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2009 3:59:00 PM More reviews by nliedel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I cannot live withtout this. I am serious. At 45 with wrinkles and acne, especially on my nose (gross), I was shocked what this dragged out. Its my HG for blackheads. I hate them and the satisfaction of the removal is mind blowing. I just am thrilled that the darn things are gone. Use an astringent after, or a masque and steaming your pores first is a must.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2009 4:56:00 PM More reviews by dollgirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Maybe I'm a bit wierd but I find it strangely satisfying to take my disgusting blackheads out . Its hurts to pick at blackheads and it isn't good for your skin so when I seen this I had to have it (bit of a rip off at 8 but it is tweezerman). I tried it out as soon as I got home. I steamed my face and got to work. It removed my blackheads but left my skin really red so I would recommend you do this at night to give your skin a chance to calm down.
Although it worked wonderfully for me my sister was a different story. We steamed her skin for 15mins straight then tried it out but they wouldn't budge. More steaming but still no luck. Her skin has bigger blackheads but this didn't work at all and that is why i'd mark it down a little.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2009 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Shamim81

I've had this a long long time but this deserves a review. I LOVE THIS THING!!!!!! so does my bf, it's great for those blackheads on my back. it HURTS if you use fingures but this is just great. it's better than ones from any other brand. Just buy it, you'll see. REMEMBER to wash after every use or it's just gross!