July 22, 2014 | 2365 users online

Lip Treatments - Nuxe - Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2014 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Qsma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best lip balm ever. I will never, ever, ever be without this product again.

I apply a thick coat at night and in the morning my lips are plump and hydrated and beautiful. I never knew how good looking my lips were until I started using this stuff! *grin*
I love the smell and the taste. I love the little jar. I can't think of a single negative thing to say about this product. Definitely worth having.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2014 11:13:00 AM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like it. It is moisturizing and smells exactly like grapefruit. The texture is not slick or slippery or sticky, and it is matte but hydrating. Just rub it in good and that's that. A little goes a long way. Expensive and different than other lip balms, and believe me I've tried many. I personally love lip balms in heavy glass pots. It is a lovely product. Would recommend.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2014 7:48:00 AM More reviews by blacksheep6293

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Like a lot of reviewers, I'm not too sure what to make of this.
There is a lot of hype surroundong this product. Here's my take on it:

PACKAGING-
comes in a pot, so not terribly hygenic but I'm not removing points because I like the luxe feel and weight of the glass jar.

PRODUCT-
a creamy thick yellow paste that smells like honeyed orange marmalade. I would have thought it to smell like honey being the feature ingredient but I'm ok with this..

PRICE-
expensive, I think I paid $25AUD, but there is a lot of product in the jar.
15 g to be precise.

RESULT-
it doesn't moisturise my lips but it doesn't dry them out either. It just sorta sits on top of my lips feeling creamy and faux -nourishing, but when I wake up there is little to no difference in my lip texture.

Would not repurchased. Was hoping to like it but its an expensive vanity topper. It'll last me a while though so maybe it'll pull through.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2014 2:43:00 PM More reviews by msharajuku

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hmm, it's difficult to say if i completely love or hate this lip balm. The consistency is amazing its that lush feeling of applying a cream super thick and moisturising but its effects aren't that fantastic. Yes, it smells good, but i just don't think it lives up to the hype. It's not that moisturising and even while its on, it just feels like this creamy layer on your lips, you don't feel it actually doing anything for them, if that makes sense.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 3:15:00 PM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to try this "hyped" lip balm and I just finished the little jar. This lip balm is yellow colored and has a thicker consistency so it needs to be rubbed in to the lips. It smells like orange candy not a scent I would have expected but I did liked it. For me this did not live up to the hype, because I did not noticed any improvement and I only liked it when my lips where in a good condition already and I used it underneath a lipstick. On dry flaky lips this just felt grainy and I had a feeling my lips where even dryer after it sinked in. I would not repurchase it again because it did not do much for me and I find the jar really inconvenient!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2014 6:57:00 PM More reviews by goldensyrup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm a lip balm freak and this gets top marks from me so that's saying a lot. First up this lip balm works. It's thick and adheres well to the lips long term thus rendering them soft and moisturised unlike other lip balms which feel great at first and then slide off too soon. This is thick but doesn't ever feel gloopy or waxy and leaves a nice matte effect and great base for other lip products. The honey smell is out of this world good! I love that this is in a heavy little frosted pot as it makes it feel like the Luxe product it is. The ingredients list is impressive and contains honey, plant oils, Shea butter & grapefruit essence among other nourishing things. I also love the honey colour of this, I feel like I'm dipping into a little pot of pure creamed honey :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 8:21:00 AM More reviews by InLove87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

WOW!
My new favourite lip balm. Moisturizes well, the smell is amazing (a mix of something creamy and something citrus) and the packaging with the glass jar is beautiful.

I love especially the way it feels super thick when I apply it on my lips but when I look at the mirror, I can´t even see whether I have something on my lips or not. It´s a bit matte, so my lips aren´t glossy even when I put on a lot of this balm.
It doesn´t leave a white residue on my lips, which is what most of the moisturizing lip balms do. It´s not too oily, so you can easily put on lipstick.

The only downside is the quite high price (14 euros for a lip balm is quite much I think) and I´m not sure how long it lasts. Still, will surely and happily be repurchasing this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Ancora

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Yep, not much to add to all the rave reviews. This is indeed HG material. It is pricy, but you'll love the results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2014 10:24:00 PM More reviews by pickles945

I love this product! I use it every evening as a lip conditioning treatment and it's wonderful. It delivers on moisture, and the smell is lovely - honey without being too sickeningly sweet; the texture of the balm is thick and waxy, but not slippery at all which is why this balm's finish is matte. I also wear this balm as a moisturising base under lipstick - the balm fills out the lines and crevices of the lips, whilst providing a good base for the lippie to grip onto.

For this price point, the product is great, the packaging is amazing, and it lasts forever! I have had mine for over a year now and I'm no where near the bottom of the pot. Definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 10:07:00 AM More reviews by primadonnablue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product in Paris over the summer and it is THE holy grail lip balm. I've tried many and I still love my Smith's Rosebud Salve but this lip balm is just beyond. Firstly, it's a matte lip balm meaning it's not glossy and you don't look like you're wearing anything. So it's something for everyone. The scent is of honey and lemon, like the Strepsils and the texture is like a waxy butter (if that makes sense?). The real selling point, I think is it's lasting power and value for money. I got mine at around 4euros at City Pharma but when I was in Ireland they were selling them at 11 euros! Still, I find it might be worth even 11 euros because mine has lasted the whole year and I only spent 4 euros!! Better than those Baby Lip things that you have to keep on re-applying all day and repurchasing.