Nuxe Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils

4.2

Cera Alba (Beeswax), Olus (Vegetable) Oil, Lecithin, Behenoxy Dimethicone, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract, Mel/Honey, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Rosa Moschata Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifolia Wax, Candelilla Wax), Allantoin, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, BHT, Citric Acid, Citral, Limonene, Linalool

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

This product is a GOD SEND. Yes it is fairly pricey for a lip balm but boy is it worth it!

Pros:
- Thick, ultra moisturising balm
- Works as a lip mask overnight
- Isn't sticky - almost matte
- Lasts a very long time as you only need a small amount

Cons:
- Citrus-y smell (the name means Dream of Honey so I expected a honey scent)
- Lumps in the balm initially but these do spread out

I have repurchased this product about 15 times ! I have one in each of my handbags and next to my bed at all times. Can't live without it. HG!

on 2/21/2015 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I don't understand the hype about this lip balm.. It smells like orangey but i don't like that smell.. Maybe because I'm used to mint or vanilla smell on my lips.. Another thing that I would like to point out is the crumbs.. What is that about whose idea was that seriously?! The moisturizing effect is not that awesome with this balm. it's more like a protective lip balm from the cold or wind and with all that smell you wouldn't want to use this at night.. because of the crumbs you wouldn't want to use it while you're out too. so what's the point.. the only good thing I can say is the matte look which is hard to find on the market.. and possibly the glass jar but it's not that sanitized that i need to use my fingers and it's heavy so again it's hard to use when you're out..

on 2/11/2015 5:20:00 PM

This balm is amazing, true, it has a weird waxy, sandy texture and but honestly, this is hands down the best balm i've ever used.

It nourishes the lips, making them so soft and supple, i honestly can't shut up about it and have recommended it to everybody.

It comes in a sturdy, milk glass package with a nice screw off white cap, with 0.5 oz of product in it that will surely last for a while as a little goes a long way.
I've been using mine daily for almost 5 months and have barely made a dent to it, i don't see it ending anytime soon, making it a great value for money.

I use this during nighttime, as the last step of my routine and during the day if my lips are horribly dry, this is a true french pharmacie classic and for a reason.

on 2/7/2015 11:39:00 AM

I don't get the rave about this product - it does absolutely NOTHING for my lips =/
Sure, it smells nice, but the texture is really waxy and not smooth to apply, and most importantly it doesn't moisturise lips at all! I've used this for few weeks several times a day, and the state of my dry lips hasn't improved. Pretty much any drugstore balm like nivea delivers more than this luxury, over-hyped, over-rated product. Glad I at least bought it on sale....

on 2/2/2015 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I wanted to review this because I'm glad I didn't give up on it. At first I felt exactly the same as people on here... It's sticky, thick, waxy, balls up..didn't get the hype. However, I don know if this gets better after you open it for a while, but now it's soft and buttery and just melts into my lips. I love it now. Seemed I had to keep using it til I liked it. The texture got better the longer I used it. I like to warm it up between my fingers before I apply sometimes. Of course I always use hand sanitizer before I open it. I have it on now as I write this and it's so creamy. It's funny cuz the exact same thing happened with the lush honey trap lip balm too. At first I hated it but the more I used it the better it got. Maybe the warmth from your fingers helps soften melt thin it out or whatever. Now I love both of them.

on 2/2/2015 3:33:00 PM

I don't get the hype.

The scent is herbal/honey, very mild. The texure is similar to that of a sugar lip scrub. It's very thick and crumbly, so you have to be careful if you're using this in public. I do not want crumbs on my lips, no thank you, the only thing worse than chapped lips are chapped lips with crumbs on them.

It's does not really sink in, my lips feel okay afterwards because they were protected by this thick balm but they're not really moisturized. I will use this up in the winter when it's helpful in protecting my lips from -30 windchills.

Also the jar is very heavy/bulky, which makes it annoying to put in my purse.

on 2/2/2015 1:52:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is the best lip product I have ever had.
I have had chapped lips for several months now and I couldn't fight it. I was using Avene Cold Cream that helped a bit, but I had to apply it several times a day and in very thick layer.
This, however, worked overnight. My lips were so soft, plump and smooth in the morning, I cannot stop being happy! I am continuing to use it and the effect is long lasting.
The balm itself is also very pleasant to use - I like this thick spreadable waxy (but not oily) texture and the matte finish. And the grapefruit scent is surprisingly pleasant.
I will definitely repurchase, I have never been so satisfied with any lip balm ever!

on 2/2/2015 3:41:00 AM

My lips are perpetually dry and flakey. I certainly don't make matters better as I love a good matte lippy (that is known to be unkind to dry, textured lips). As such I need a good lip balm that works wonders. This stuff is great. I put it on at night and it does not migrate all over my face whilst I sleep. In the morning, it's still on my lips doing its thing. Since implementing it to my lip routine, my lips have stopped cracking and definitely matte lippy ready. It has a citrus smell that is not discerning and like another reviewer, I was expecting a honey scent. I took points off for the packaging; sticking a finger into the pot isn't exactly hygienic. But this stuff is great and I will definitely repurchase over and over.

on 1/29/2015 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Best lip balm ever!!! I re-purchase it always since the first time I tried it. It has amazing formula which can keep my lips hydrated over whole day also in winter time plus it smells beautifully. It contains mostly nature ingredients as whole Nuxe cosmetics. What I love the most about this balm is that it is matte. Most of lip balms have shiny, dewy finish. I use only Nuxe balm as lip primer under lipstick for my clients. I use it in the beginning together with primer. So it has enough time to absorb, then when face and eyes makeup is done, I just remove the peeling parts which left on the lips and start with lip pencil and lipstick. It creates perfect primer for lipstick, it nourishes lips as well and on top of that, it is photographed perfectly:)

on 1/27/2015 9:36:00 PM

Agree with laumar47 below re paste like texture. Because of this texture, I don't like to use it as a base for lip stick or lip pencil, but at least it's not sticky or glossy and doesn't migrate off the lips (like smiths rosebud salve). I find that I rub my lips together constantly in order to work the product in.

It's also a strong citrus, not artificial, but somewhat surprising since I was expecting honey. Sometimes I get a tingly sensation, that signals the possibility of a slight skin reaction, but it hasn't happened yet. The citrus dissipates (unlike the very strongly scented palmer's chocolate mint or nivea creme brle or macadamia cream scented balm all of which are unapologetically artificial and long lasting)

I keep it at home like some other reviewers because I don't like to dip my fingers in the pot on the go.

It is taking me a very long time to use this up, so it is a generous amount, but it's relatively expensive. Not moisturizing enough to repurchase, but I have chronically dry lips. Basically I will use it up because I have it, which is kind of how I feel about drug store balms costing much less.

Added: Although I like its non greasy matte finish very much, I find myself avoiding it because of the slight burning of the citrus. So reduction of a star to one.

Popular Lip Treatments