Nuxe Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils

4.2

Cera Alba (Beeswax), Olus (Vegetable) Oil, Lecithin, Behenoxy Dimethicone, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract, Mel/Honey, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Rosa Moschata Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifolia Wax, Candelilla Wax), Allantoin, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, BHT, Citric Acid, Citral, Limonene, Linalool

I live in an area that's very dry and cold in the winter months so my lips are usually always cracked. I've tried many products and I think this is the best one. It moisturizes very well and makes my lips soft and pink. It's not sticky, it doesn't smell nasty, and I don't feel like I have "something" on my lips. It's very comfortable when I put it on and it instantly heals the cracks on my lips. I wouldn't use it as a primer to a lipstick however. It's good for daytime use and nighttime treatment.

Simply put, I love this. A really good moisturizer for lips that doesn`t give you that sticky, gloopy feeling and works great as a base for applying AND holding on to your lip color products. I dab a small amount before I go to bed and I no longer wake up with "crumb lips." I even love the honey smell. I thought it was pricy ($26CAD), but considering how little I need to apply, I think it`s good value for money at the end of the day.

This is THE greatest lip balm ever!! I'm so happy I have found this pot that can make your lip heavenly-soft-and-super-nourished. The texture feels like soft, cream butter, it spreads so smoothly and it does not feel oily at all.

The lasting power is great too, it stays on your lip even while you drink and eat, but I just tend to re-apply it again after wards. The fragrance is so mild light, it smells like sweet lemon-y honey-ish. After you put on your lip, within a minute or two the smell disappears. so addicting!

I was expecting this lip balm to just keep my lip moisturized and protected throughout the autumn,winter, and spring seasons (it did a fantastic job keeping my lip moisturized during summer but I found a little too thick for summer) but it does more than just moisturizing. it healed my dry-flaky chapped lip(yikes), and I found my lip chap less and less. (yay!)

Overall I really recommend this, the price wise indeed is expensive, but in my opinion, this lip balm does so many wonderful things to your lip and it is worth it!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is a little pot of magic for your lips. Inexpensive magic (and who doesn't like magic that's not expensive?).

It is in a small glass pot (which I know some don't like) but I put some on as I'm going out the door and my lips stay nice and soft all day, without that yucchy thick cream feeling. Note here - a little goes a long way. Have been using this for about 3 weeks and there is still lots left - even though my 26 year-old daughter pinched it when she was staying here....before she went out and bought her own.

Although I am generally a Nuxe fan for things like skin cream, it did take a little persuading for me to switch from a tube of another product to this. But now I'm hooked, and will definitely buy again when this - finally - runs out.

It smells kind of faintly of clover honey in the pot, but doesn't seem to smell at all once you put it on. Just lovely, and quite luxurious feeling.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

It works amazing, the only balm that really works for me, it's officially in my Holy Grail item. I have extremely dry & chapped lips, this balm repairs within two days of use during the night. The texture & formula feels great, it smells amazing. I really love the little pot that makes it looks luxurious, although it's not practical for reapplication during daytime (needs to wash hands etc).

Definitely buy again, can't live without it.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is absolutely brilliant. Love how it makes my lips feel nourished without feeling greasy at all. Would definitely recommend and buy again when it runs out - which isn't any time soon because another pro to this little tub of wonders is that it seems to last ages. You only need a tiny bit and you're set.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

The best lip balm out there. Some people may find this product frustrating because of how thick it is, if you apply this on chapped, dry, flakey lips, it will do nothing but sit on top.

For this to work its magic you need to exfoliate your lips. The best way is to brush your teeth and let the toothpaste cover your lips, at the end of brushing your teeth take the toothbrush and gently rub your lips, and any dry skin will literally wipe away. This is a fool proof way, and your lips wont feel raw (and possibly bleed) like lip scrubs can make them.

When apply the lip balm, DO NOT apply on dry lips, lick your lips briefly and let the excess saliva dry, but so your lips are still 'moist'. Then apply the balm.

With the daily toothbrush exfoliation and wearing this balm I NEVER have chapped lips. I will never go back to regular lips balm or chapsticks, they are nothing but oily and do not last.

Pros:
- orangey scent
- thick consistency (not oily or slippery like every other balm)
- lasts until overnight or the whole day, no reapplying
- matte and completely invisible finish, you can use lipstick over it
- fairly good ingredients
- smooth texture with a few grains, which lightly exfoliate
- jar lasts forever
- any gender can use it
- frosted jar looks fancy sitting on my nightstand

Cons:
- if you don't apply it properly, you'll hate it
- some people might hate jars application
- kind of expensive (but contains lots of product, so it's worth it)

This is one of those famous and raved about products that everyone who doesn't live under a rock has at least heard about. Unfortunately it doesn't perform any magic on my lips. Weleda has a lip balm tube called Everon, that one really reminds me of Reve de Miel, exept Everon does everything Reve de Miel says it does, and Everon is like 5x cheaper with better taste ans smell factor, and it's not even my favorite lip balm (fave is Sisley).
So I like the heavy glass jar Reve de Miel comes in, it's a waxy balm that smells kinda like candied beewax to me. On lips it's not shiny, but quite matte. No idea how it works with lipsticks or something like that, I don't use any colored lip products.
My lips are constantly dry and if not treated they tend to become rough and then chap and tear up (till it bleeds! you're welcome for that mental image!) so I'm always looking for lip product that could at least temporary fix that. I hoped the waxy texture will help with the issues, but it just forms a layer and that's it. I've tried it over moisturizers and stuff like Hada Labo Gokuyjun lotion in hopes Reve de Miel will at least act as an occlusive and seal in moisture. Nope, didn't do that either.
After a couple weeks of trying to get it to work and applying it several times a day I noticed thst my lips actually keep getting drier and more gross, and I gave up. Used up the leftovers on my feet after a bath. Can't say it performed well there either.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

This product is simply amazing.

I am always on the lookout for a good lip balm, because I have the unfortunate habit of biting my lips--so the products that keep my lips in shape need to be real miracle workers. Until now, Dr Hauschka lip balm had been the best I'd tried in terms of healing my lips as well as keeping them plump, but I think the Nuxe balm has supplanted it.

Not only does it hydrate and heal, but it does so while keeping my lips looking matte. And lipstick looks great over it! I also like the aroma and texture, though of course your mileage may vary on that score. It's quite thick--you don't need much--and it glides over your lips forming a thin layer of protection that you can feel working instantly.

It comes in a nice glass jar which looks great on my bathroom shelf. I'm generally not a fan of jar packaging, so I couldn't really give 5/5 here, but on the other hand I'm not sure anything with that thick of a consistency could have been stored any other way...

As a side note: I gave it high points for price, because I bought it in France and it was really cheap at my pharmacy--under 7 euros. So the price/quality balance is really rather nice. I understand that it's not so cheap everywhere... but totally worth it if you happen to be in France, at least.

For the past few months I've had peeling and cracking on the corners of my lips. Sometimes it would heal, then split again the next day. I had heard about this lip balm for a few years, but didn't want to splurge since it was around $18 CAD for it. After getting fed up of my lips constantly peeling regardless of what I did, I finally bought this and it fixed my dry lips within three days. I love it and will definitely repurchase!

Popular Lip Treatments