April 17, 2014 | 1783 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2013 1:54:00 AM More reviews by Twisty18

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love that this product really helps my dry skin. I hate that it is very greasy and the scent is not the best. I use this as a night cream because it is so greasy. What I do is heat the cream with my blow dryer this melts the cream slightly which makes it easier to apply. I have used this on my feet and leaves my feet ready for sandal season.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 4:04:00 AM More reviews by coffin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm not a fan of the lingering nutty scent, however, I can't stop using it and my hands and elbows have never looked better. I had an extremely bad, scaly, discolored dry patch on my left elbow, but after 2 weeks of religious use twice daily the patch has nearly disappeared.

To combat the greasiness of the product for daytime use; I use place a small amount between my palms to melt it and then pat it over my hands and massage it in. This way I find that I can go about my normal business in a much shorter amount of time.

The jar... I can't really complain about it as I can easily get every last penny's worth out of it versus having to cut open a tube or pump bottle (which I've never done out of sheer laziness, but still).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Vittoriak

First of all, I don't really think that putting hand cream into a small jar is that good of an idea. This product is quite moisturising but it takes too much time absorb into the skin. Its scent is ok but it is not entirely pleasing. There are so many different hand creams out there. So I don't think I will repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2012 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Karin1539

I have used so many hand creams. My work dries out my hands something crazy and the winters are always rough on my hands. I typically use Aquaphor continuously through the cold weather months but recently picked up this in Target on a whim. It was almost $12 - kinda pricey. But I have been so impressed. I love the almond scent - it does linger which does not bother me. The big thing is that I have not had my hands look or feel this good in ages. It is improving the overall appearance of my skin drastically.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2012 11:27:00 PM More reviews by TomatoSoupIsBlue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I bought this on a whim when I had a horrible, peeling sunburn and needed a heavy moisturizer. I was specifically looking for something alcohol free, and this smelled so wonderful I had to have it! So I use this on my face before bed, and my skin is SO smooth! It also helped relieve some redness and tone issues. Highly recommend. I wouldn't ever use this on my hands as it's way too greasy, but it's perfect as a night creme.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A decent product from BB. Note that all my reviews for the BB products are for the 'older' versions of the products.

This creme has an okay smell. Works well on hands and also feet (quite expensive to use on feet, lol)!

Hate the marketing gimmicks of the new BB. This hand cream and the 'baby skin balm' are quite similar in texture.
Another annoyance is BB's love for almond oil in many their creams! Almond oil can be allergenic and is not easily absorbed by the skin. Sesame or olive oil work better for that purpose.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Pekklepie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Amazing, amazing, amazing!
It is very thick and oily but i only use this at night after applying cuticle oil. The best time to use such thick products is at night anyway because you arent washing the product off. I ALWAYS recommend this product to my clients (I am a beautician specialising in nails) I have used this cream for nearly 3 years, I always get compliments on how soft my hands are so I LOVEEEEEEEEEEE this cream. Buy buy buy!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2012 11:43:00 AM More reviews by xlitlbitx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this in a kit to try because my cuticles were in really bad shape. The combination with the lemon cuticle salve works great together. I have been only been using them both for about a week and they have done a great job in helping them get back to normal.
The only thing I don't like is that jar. It makes it hard to get the cream out other than that I love this stuff.
The reason for the 4 lippies is due to the container it comes in. But will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by butterflyashes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on a whim when Ulta had it on clearance for $5 instead of the usual $8-9. I like the rich almond scent when you open it and first apply it but it changes to an odd licorice-like scent after a few minutes. The texture is a bit slippery and gooey, and it takes some time to really soak into your skin because of the beeswax. This actually make my keratosis pilaris on my biceps somewhat better, and it worked well on my heels, elbows and hands. I probably wouldn't repurchase unless it were on clearance again since I'm sure I can find a better alternative at $9, but if almond scents and natural ingredients are your thing it's a nice cream to try out.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2012 11:07:00 PM More reviews by orderlyfashion

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Bought mine awhile ago and have used about half the jar in fits and starts, but have since found other products that I like more, so I'm not sure if I'll get around to using this up. Like other reviewers have mentioned, the smell is wonderful, very almond-y and not artificially sweet. The packaging has a nice heft to it, too. But the product - eh... too waxy to be a great hand cream, it doesn't really sink in enough to moisturize effectively, and is very sticky besides. As a cuticle balm, it doesn't hold a candle to Burts' Lemon Cuticle Butter in terms of portability and quality. I guess I can't decide what this is best for... maybe it's time to scrape it out and repurpose the jar.