December 18, 2014 | 1622 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - Clean Liquid Makeup Oil Control

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by applecour

this is my HG! it hasn't caused me any breakouts!! I'm so so so excited about this stuff. it looks so natural on and events everything out beautifully. did I mention NO BREAKOUTS?! this is the only liquid foundation that hasn't broken me out. I'll repurchase 'till the cows come home.

I do think this helped with my oil as well.

EDIT: So, after trying the "Sensitive" version in the lighter color, I really realized how much this actually does for my oil. That stuff slid off my face before lunch time and looked super cakey when I powdered over my t-zone. The colors are also a bit off. All around, it's just not as good as the Oil Control line. I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION! (:

EDIT: I bought a second bottle, and it's just not as good. What is up with that?! Seems like this always happens to me. I might repurchase, but it's definitely not as good as it used to be ):

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2013 1:04:00 AM More reviews by ChelseaRose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have acne prone, oily/dry skin. My forehead, cheeks and nose are very oily while I have dry patches around my eyebrows and a few other spots. I have the second to lightest shade (Which is still a little light for me). Firstly, I just want to know why people think this foundation is so hard to get out of the bottle? All you have to do is turn it upside down and tap it on your hand and it comes out fine. Sometimes it comes out too fast! And to the people complaining it made their oil worse, what do you expect? If you have very oily skin, nothing is really going to stop it. From experience, no makeup is ever going to stop your face from producing oil. If you have oily skin, just get blotting papers. I have to use blotting papers multiple times a day, even with a "Oil Control" foundation.

Now on to the actual foundation. It's pretty lightweight, doesn't feel like I'm wearing a mask unless I apply it heavily. Has fairly good coverage, though I do have to wear a concealer over top of it on red spots. DOES NOT smell bad! It barely has a scent, and what scent it does have is definitely not unpleasant. Leaves my face looking pretty good, although does cling to my dry patches making them look flaky, but that's what comes with combo skin, I suppose. I have worn this foundation (With a primer underneath) to a concert, a concert that lasted from 7:00pm to 12:00am, and I can say that it did pretty well. It didn't look near as good as it did when I left the house, but it didn't melt off my face either.

Overall, if you need a cheap foundation that will do the trick, I do recommend this. Just remember to use blotting papers and a primer underneath!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2013 5:25:00 AM More reviews by xenobia1968

Might as well slather grease on my face ... ugh! First of all, the lightest color oxidizes really bad (so you end up with the pumpkin pie face) Second of all, it takes a sledge hammer to get out of a glass bottle, Third, it slides right the hell off my face and on to clothing, other people, my hands or whatever may come in contact with it and last but certainly not least, it breaks me out almost immediately. I don't know why I feel the need to try every kind of makeup known to man, but I do. It's my fault. To sum it up...this stuff is garbage! Save your $5 for a soda and candy bar...they are certainly better for you than this junk.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2013 2:46:00 AM More reviews by miniequalcrzy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I accidentally bought a shade that was a little too dark for me but whatever

It has a smell to it which I find weird it's like some weird baby product or grandma reminding smell if that makes sense

The staying power is good I have somewhat oily skin and it stays on fine but the temperature here doesn't get over 20 degrees CELSIUS and the weather is usually about 15 so every foundations stays on a decent amount

The coverage is light...like pretty light and Considering the fact that it a foundation is darker it'll cover ur flaws better thats pretty bad in my opinion but then again it's not advertised to be a medium or full coverage foundation anyways

It looks okay but I prefer the revlon photo ready mousse, it's funny cuz I used to hate that foundation until I tried this and then went back to this one

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2013 5:52:00 PM More reviews by crea11

I've been using this for a long time and I really like it. It doesn't sink into wrinkles and it doesn't cause breakouts for me, Coverage is buildable to a certain point since it's creamy, not liquidy. If you take as good care of your face as you can before applying the foundation it doesn't look cakey and won't look so oily at the end of the day, although I sometimes touch up with the CG Clean powder. My friends think my skin looks "flawless" although I'm oily, wrinkly, and pimpley :)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by confessionsonadancefloor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This had everything I could possibly want in a foundation - a shade that would blend well into my skin, oil control and under $5! I took this home and used it the next day.

Unfortunately, this foundation and I got off to a bad start when I couldn't get the product out of the jar. Not only is there no pump, the opening of the jar is so narrow you can't get any foundation out yourself --- and since I had no Q-tips, I had to slam the bottom of the jar like a bottle of ketchup in order to get any foundation out. After I got about a quarter-coin size out, I smoothed it all over my face. For being a medium-full coverage foundation, it felt quite light on my face. I left the house for work looking and feeling good.

Within the next two or three hours, the foundation had become so cakey and oily on my face. I blotted it with some paper towel, where a good bit of it transferred right onto the paper towel. I managed to get through the day without looking like a complete fool, but it was clear to the naked eye I was wearing foundation.

Over the next four or five days of usage I scaled back, using about a penny-coin sized amount on my face. I was impressed with the amount of coverage I was getting, but the same thing was happening --- after a few hours of being on my face, it got to looking cakey, very oily and slippy. Since it was less than $5, I didn't bother returning it and just threw it out instead. You'd probably have better luck if you have normal-to-dry skin, and even then some heavy duty primer and powdering would be needed. Do yourself a favour and spend a few extra dollars for a better quality, less cakey foundation.

PROS:
- A little amount goes a long way.
- Great price (for what it said it'd do.)
- Blends very easily onto face.

CONS:
- Is only good for a few hours of usage before it begins to slip/get cakey.
- For me, it had NO oil control.
- Incredibly difficult to get foundation out of the jar. You pretty much have to slam the bottom of the jar for a solid few minutes to get anything out.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Jilly914

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have oily skin, so I thought that I would give this oil control foundation a shot (especially since it's really cheap at Walmart - $5).

I was lucky to find a color that worked with my skin. Most of the colors were way too pink or too orange. That's where my luck ended. This stuff is a nightmare to get out of the bottle. It's a thick liquid in a glass bottle. I ended up using a q-tip to get it out.

It went on streaky. I spent a lot of time trying to blend it smoothly around my nose and mouth. The liquid didn't seem to sink in totally. It's like the pigments weren't finely milled, and some of the particles sit on top of your skin. It gave my skin a grainy look...if that explanation makes any sense lol.

Anyway, it didn't control oil, and it didn't look good on my skin. Thumbs down.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by electricshock01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Decent foundation, it has a light coverage and isn't greasy in my opinion, it covers my redness and looks natural on me(I purchased this from Walmart for 5.99$ in the shade Warm Beige), I would probably repurchase if I ran out of product. The scent to it is very artificial and chemical smelling, which is one of my few complaints. This does oxidize a bit, but wasn't an issue for me as it to.Hate the packaging though because it is a glass bottle making it difficult to get the foundation out, I wish it were a plastic squeeze tube.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by muzikmk18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really wanted this foundation to work for me but sadly, I stopped using it after testing it a couple of times. I find that with a lot of the CG foundations, they tend to be either too pink or orange for my skintone so it's harder for me to find a color match.

I really really hate the packaging. I am aware most drugstore foundations come in glass jars in which you have to pour the product out but this foundation does not budge. No matter how much you shake or tap the jar, it just won't come out so I prefer using a q-tip. Also, the scent is really off-putting (smells like paint). It gives a medium coverage but the thing that annoys me most is that it oxidizes pretty quickly on the skin. I never really had a problem with foundations oxidizing on me until now. I literally looked like a oompa loompa 2 hours into wearing this product.

Another thing that bothers me is that even when I set this with powder (which I do with all my foundations even if it claims to be 'oil-controlling'), I get oily within 3-4 hours of wear with this. Something I found kind of odd with this product is that it tends to transfer. Overall, I have other foundations that I prefer using so this was a flop for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by TheLastOfUs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First foundation I ever bought. I don't wear foundation, but at the time, I was embarrassed by the scar on my upper lip and some acne. It doesn't cover anything, and it smells like shit.

EDIT: I upped it by one star. I still believe that it's garbage on my face, but for cosplay (yes, I do that. I'm a very nerdy person), I can use this for a zombie bite mark. I own it in tan, and ivory, which are both too dark for me, but are perfect for what I'm trying to do.