Make Up For Ever Super Matte Loose Powder

4.1

talc, silica, nylon-12, silk powder, propylparaben, butylparaben, methylparaben, dehydroacetic acid. May contain: iron oxides, mica, red 27 lake, titanium dioxide, yellow 10 lake, red 7 lake, red 21 lake, yellow 6 lake, ultramarines, blue 1 lake, yellow 5 lake, red 6, manganese violet, chromium oxide greens, chromium hydroxide green, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica, calcium sodium borosilicate, tin oxide.

This is the setting powder that I have been using for the last little while now. I have combination skin and I find that this powder does a good job of keeping my oilier areas in check. It can accentuate the dry areas of my face but that can be controlled when I use a proper moisturizer underneath. I have acne prone skin but have not found this powder to cause me any breakouts. I just purchased my third container and will probably get it again when this runs out!

Tried this powder for three days hoping that it will keep my t zone matte for a little bit longer than my regular powder, but it turns out that my regular powder actually keeps me matte longer......so this is going back to sephora.......

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It is my 1st loose powder and I am in love with it!!! It doesn't look cakey and it controlls the oil in my T zone area beautifully!!!However I don't know if it will be as good in cotrolIing the oil in a very very oily skin!! i will sure rebuy it!!!

me: super pale skin, red hair, tendency towards rosacea. bought this product as a color corrector.

I didn't buy this powder for matte-ness. I didn't buy it because it was a loose powder. I bought it because it is one of the only powders I've been able to find that comes in pale green, pale enough to neutralize redness on my nose and still not come across as, well, green. A task which it performs amazingly well. (Yes, there's a physician's formula one, but even that is too dark for my complexion.) Its 04, and only available at the store or by phone order. The various other color neutralizers I've found (including the MUFE primer) are simply too dark for me.

Standard caveats for potentially-annoying loose powder packaging, lame puff, spillage if you aren't careful, have-to-scoop-into-smaller-container for touch-ups, etc. But whatevs. This stuff is its own little kind of magic. Just a tiny bit to neutralize redness, and it lasts for most of the day.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Bought the pink one for my oily skin.

Mattifying longevity of the powder: 4 hours
Normal time for me to get oily: 4 hours
Oxidize: Yes.
Repurchase: No,

I have loved this product in the past because it was the best powder i could find for my oily skin. Overall this is a good powder but after a few hours my foundation changes colour with this powder and it gets cakey. its not bad but not wow.
Now i am absolutely in love with mattify! cosmetics. Much cheapier and way better!

just an ok product. does what all powder do, set the make-up and matify it. but the problem is by noon, my nose will be really shiny. had to touch-up. still in search of a product which can really prevent this. sighh... couldn't find a good color match too. #10 is too white, #12 is too orange. had to mix the 2 to get a better color match, but even after mixing, still a little orange. the powder can get a litte cakey after applying, so have to be very careful not to apply too much. will repurchase until i find a better product.

UPDATE: Realised that this is the cause of caking & creasing under the eye. Happen to look at my face under natural light, and was horrified at the number of lines that it accentuates. realised that it goes on quite thick too, even after using a brush. made my face looked made-up. OMG, can't believe i've been using this for a few months. argh.

My skin's really oily in the T-zone and this did a fine job of keeping the oil down. FOR A WHILE.
I emphasize that because I've never (yet - we live in hope!) found my Wunder Powder - pressed OR loose.

The powder applies lightly and doesn't look mask-like when set properly. It gives my skin a light, natural finish. In all honesty though, it wasn't a whole lot more matte than other powders I've tried.

Re. the container:

- It's small, sturdy and very TRAVEL-FRIENDLY. However...
- The powder gets everywhere even if you're careful
- Like most companies, the puff they give you is laughable!

This is one of the better powders out there for slightly oily to oily skin. I would call it good - but not great.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

this is a very nice setting powder..it doesn't hurt my sensitive/dry skin and it really does help the makeup last longer..its not my hg but its not bad either..i would repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

This finishing powder did little to nothing in terms of "controlling" sebum production. My face was an oily mess within an hour or two after applying this over my foundation, and it caked up a lot more than the powder I used before this. I did find that using a makeup-fixing spray helped to not have this powder cake up, but my face was still as oily as when I do not use any sort of mattifying products on my face.

Recommended for Normal Skin