October 20, 2014 | 1490 users online

Lipstick - Avon - Beyond Color

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2005 10:35:00 PM More reviews by VanessaVQ

Just to be specific, I bought the Beyond Color Plumping Lipcolor with SPF 15. Wow, this stuff is good. I think this is the smoothest lipstick I have ever used. I bought this in Mad for Mauve. It looks lavenderish-pink online, but its actually more of a mauve pink (as the name implies). Nice to know it has sunscreen in it as most lip products I use don't. I didn't notice any plumping effect, but I wasn't really looking for it either. Just as a basic lipstick though, I highly recommend it. I will definitely be trying some other colors.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2004 1:46:00 PM More reviews by auras

I bought Twig and I was very dissapointed with the color, way far from the catalogue. When will I learn... :-( But it is one of the greatest lipsticks I ever tried regarding to texture. Feels just like a lip balm and I often use it on cold windy days despite of the color, which is in fact brownish. I would buy it again but in a different shade.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2004 9:49:00 PM More reviews by sjcs24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this in beige shimmer. While it does plump, I too have to reapply it very often and the color is all wrong for me, way to light and shimmery, even with my pale skin. Would not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2004 11:04:00 AM More reviews by xmelinda

I received one of these lipsticks in a swap, in "Sienna", and I was surprised at the plumping effect. I already have fairly full lips, and I noticed no change at all with LipVenom, but I can see the plumping with this lipstick, even though the "irritation" feeling is much less than with the LipVenom. I bought "Twig" after seeing reviews here, and I took off a lippie because the color was not at all what I expected from the picture, but it's still a nice neutral color, and I think will look good with other "neutral" makeup. I would buy this again, but only at the sale price. Packaging is cheapy very-thin plastic, not even as nice as, say, Revlon or Maybelline. If this lipstick did not deliver on the plumping, I would give it only a 3.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2004 9:01:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Like almost everyone in this panel, i also have the color "Twig" (rosey-brown)...my mom gave this to me a loooong time ago, back in my junior high days. This is very similar to Clinique's "sweet violet" but just a fraction of the cost. I think it looked much flattering on me when i had black hair but now since i have blonde hair...im better off with peachy-pink tones...the texture is creamy but gets dry within an hr for me...to tell u the truth, revlon SL l/s have a better texture/color range...

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2004 9:57:00 PM More reviews by BadAppleMartin

I don't know why everyone likes all the brown colors. They make me look like a corpse from Six Feet Under! And Twig - YUCK! The texture of this lipstick is great, esp. if you have chronically dry lips. Warning: the colors on the website and catalog are not as they appear. As mentioned, Twig was a disappointing shade of cadaver brown when it looked slightly reddish-brown in the catalog. A pink color that looked pretty neutral and soft looking was VERY old-lady hot pink-looking on. Texture: B, Shades: D

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2004 11:28:00 PM More reviews by barbandrusty

I just bought this after seeing it reviewed on the Today Show. It does plump up my lips - no doubt about it. I don't have thin lips. For once something God gave me is actually in style - full lips! (I'll have it made if cellulite ever comes into vogue!) I wanted something to plump out the lines in my dry, mature (hate that term) lips. This really does the job and I noticed the difference in how my lipstick looked right away. The color I have is a no color, sheer, nude. Couldn't find a color listed on the tube.) I can only see very, very little color and doesn't affect my lipstick color much. I bought it at an Avon store in the mall and they were on special, 2 for $10. My lips do look smoother and fuller. Really a nice look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2004 7:26:00 PM More reviews by ml44

This is about the new Beyond color Plumping Lipcolor with retinol SPF 15. I have been wearing glosses lately, but this product could be a return to lipstick. I tried several samples. The light colors are a bit frosty, the Divine Wine is a medium deep wine with a bit of pink. This is not a 1980's wine that makes me look old. It isn't sheer but it is lightweight and truly lip plumping. It wears really, really well, too. My skin tone is about NC20, Divine Wine is a good shade. I wore another color, Twig (medium warm brown, hint of red), today and it was still on after lunch, about 50%. I found a way to wear these intense colors without looking like an old lipstick hag, especially since they don't go that way to begin with. I put a bright violet- lavender on my upper lid and line the lower lid with a fat Q-tip line in a rusty color, smudging a bit. Then use neutral blush. This looks much more contemporary than lined eyes, brown shadow, plum blush and dark lipstick, the works for the Seinfeld era.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2004 2:36:00 PM More reviews by tridgy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I love this lipstick in the color Matte Twig. A nice color for a neutral or warm skin tone! Will continue to buy this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2004 2:27:00 PM More reviews by owwlala

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Just got my new lipstick in Cocoa. Went on smooth and creamy. Love the color, its not too loud as I am a nude lip gloss girl but this gives my lips a little kick W/O going overboard. Love that it has the SPF 15 but don't know about the plumping effect so I took away 1 lippie. Got this on sale for $3.99 and
will stock up on more colors when the next sale come round. I also got Chocolate Frosting and will try that tomorrow.

Update: 3/1/04
Got a dry patch on my upper lip so I decided to stop wearing this. I'm back to my plain old clear Bonnie Bell lip gloss.