December 19, 2014 | 1586 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - White Linen

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Kashinka

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

White Linen (the original, not the derivatives) has been my go-to summer fragrance for years. The crisp, green top notes seem to cut through hot, humid air like a laser and give relief on even the muggiest days. Once on the body, it mellows, so the scent is not harsh. It lasts as long as other fragrances on me. I also have the body cream (the one in the jar), but I'm not sure if layering it under the spray really prolongs the life of the scent. I will definitely buy this again when my supply runs out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2011 7:45:00 PM More reviews by mmarrs

Fresh fragrance as the name implies. Its floral scent I really like

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2011 5:28:00 PM More reviews by oonaghst

Totally agree with the reviewer below. Imo White Linen smells better now that it ever did and is now rid of that really troublesome ending that spoiled it for me in earlier versions. I nearly liked it then, but I really like it now...
It's become one of my favourite perfumes. If I'm feeling indecisive and don't know which perfume to go for, White Linen is always a good bet and makes me feel upbeat for the day. It also smells delish!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2011 4:14:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

I loved White Linen when it first came out, then got away from it in the early 1990s. It's been reformulated within the last approximately 5 years, and I actually like the reformulation better(!) as it no longer has the dusty "Desenex" drydown that was unpleasant and that I've experienced with some other iris fragrances such as Prada's. White Linen notes include bulgarian rose, jasmine, iris, violet, moss, vetiver. Very clean, dry, sparkling floral - a classic! Just MADE to be worn with all-white cottons or linen. EL PC Jasmine White Moss is similar.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2011 8:53:00 PM More reviews by ella343

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's massively powdery, a white rose, maybe a silvery thread of lily of the valley, frozen by a deluge of crystal-clear aldehydes, almost to the point that the living aroma has been completely neutralized, like the way that the outlines of a landscape loses all its sharpness under a blanket of snow: an utter overdose of aldehydes. But there is also a subtle, quirky spiciness to White Linen, like the crunch of the lawn under a quick, hard frost—vetiver, I am told—that lends the composition a sense of humor beneath that frigid exterior, rather more sociable than the dead-eyed Gallic sneer of No. 19.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2011 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Shazzer1976

I picked this up in Duty Free. I had been sampling a number of different fragrances - some of them a lot more than this - and decided to go for this. It is entirely different from my other choices, although I have to say that I am becoming a bit of and Estee Lauder addict, having purchased Beautiful and YD bath oil in the last few months.

I appreciate the fact that these fragrances are luxurious enough to feel like you have treated yourself to something special, whilst sparing yourself shoppers' remorse and guilt. Nothing like guilt to spoil the enjoyment of a shpping spree.

To get back to this scent, it is like nothing I have tried before. It is dry and soapy and feels like I have just stepped out of the shower. I find this it the perfect antedote to this horrible grey, mizzly day, reminding me that Spring is only around the corner and I'll soon be hanging laundry outside again. There is nothing I like better than the smell of freshly laundered washing that has been air dried. (I can't believe I have just said I can't wait to do some laundry but there you have it!)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2010 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Mazenderan

Fabulously sharp and crisp, this is one of my favourite perfumes - although I can equally understand why so many reviewers dislike it.

White Linen is laceratingly aldehydic and green - my favourite notes. If you do not like these notes, then you will hate it. Even if you do like these notes, it still might be too much. Do not buy this unsniffed. It is not a 'meh' scent.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2010 3:16:00 PM More reviews by dioraddict84

Top notes include Bulgarina rose, jasmine…middle note is composed of orris, violet… the base is made of vetiver and oakmoss. I find this to be very cloying and overpowering...I'll pass.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2010 4:57:00 PM More reviews by ariana100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Don't really like this one, way too sharp floral and not very soapy like I thought it would be.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2010 12:43:00 AM More reviews by verolyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Tried the edp. I love Ivoire for it's fresh greens and soap accord, so I thought I might like the perfume that started the trend. Not so. It went on with a blast of sharp, high-pitched aldehydes. It did smell green, breezy, and as crisp as starched linens, but also screechingly sharp and sour. It calmed down a bit, just enough to detect a creamy base, but I just couldn't stand the "clean" notes. I can appreciate white linen for starting the whole clean laundry trend, but I won't ever wear it. I am surprised at how similar it is to Ivoire, but how much I hated it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No