December 21, 2014 | 1865 users online

Fragrances - Chloe - Narcisse

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2010 10:27:00 AM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous bottle (tulip-shaped cap) but I cannot rock this scent to save my life. It is a very deep, musty narcissus smell-- heady and a bit fecal on my skin. In general, I don't do well with heady, musty flowers like narcissus, jasmine, and tuberose--they turn to poop the minute I put them on. Others can wear Narcisse beautifully though.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2009 11:21:00 PM More reviews by kinkaju

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This didn't work on me. A friend's mom had it and I loved the scent so much -- even sniffing the bottle was out of this world. So I got a small bottle for myself and wore it a few times and it was just rank. I recall washing my wrists profusely in my work bathroom one morning because I simply could not stand it anymore. Too bad because I remember smelling it for the first time on her and it was so intoxicating. :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2009 10:40:00 PM More reviews by dopalives

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used this fragrance for about 15 years. I get compliments on it all the time. It works great with my body chemistry. Floral and pretty. Not too heavy. Scent lasts a long time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2009 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Lepin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wore this when it was first introduced in the early 1990's...I love many florals and this one in particular as long as they aren't sweet and loud. I have smelled narcissus flowers that I grew from bulbs and displayed in my home around Easter time, this smells nothing like that. What I love about this scent is that a little goes along way and in the summer that is for me a good thing as my moister skin causes most scents to fade out fast. I would describe this as floral and green but not at all metallic or leafy, which are two notes I despise. From memory I recall when wearing this I received numerous compliments from men than any other scent since. Very approachable and feminine without being offensive or juvenile. I rarely see this but do at Marshall's and TJ Maxx. Am considering purchasing to rekindle fond memories.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2008 5:58:00 PM More reviews by MissingGirl

i dont like alot of floral perfumes, but this one is quite nice! it's elegant, simple and just a classy scent. This is the perfume my mommy used to wear =) she had almost half a bottle left, i liked it so she gave it to me, yay!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2008 6:25:00 PM More reviews by juad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Chloe Narcisse really smells like narcisse flower, its leaves and stalks, I detect also poppy flower, tulips and frangipani. It's very sweet (cotton candy, honey), with almost aseptic undertones (cresols are natural components of narcisse essential oil) green, "rainy" fragrance, intoxicating, mesmerizing, narcotic, somnolent, sweet but poisonous, it smells "80-ties" but without being grannyish, very introvertic, with some dark depth, depressive, with an unbelievable lasting power

12 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2008 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Ismellyummy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of those fragrances that turn really ugly on my skin. I got a bottle as a gift and I'm not kidding whenever I wore it people would make this grimace on their face like that just smelled a garbage truck. I gave the bottle to my sister and she smells great in it. She can pull this off and it smells devine on her. It really does have to do with Chemistry. I personally don't like the smell of this. Way to flowery for my taste in perfumes. I'll give it 3 lippies because of how wonderful it smells on my sister.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2008 1:43:00 PM More reviews by bebetc1982

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is just a classic I remember back in the late nineties when I was a teenager in Costa Rica everyone was in love with the smell of this perfume, I bought it a few days ago and now that I am older I realize how fast they years have go and how much I love this perfume just because every time I smell it takes me back in the garden of my moms house in Costa Rica great smell i hope the remodel the bottle !!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2008 4:47:00 AM More reviews by CandyApple85

what a nice surprise this one was... bought it on a whim at a very cheap price because i liked the box, of all reasons! (don't judge a book by its cover etc!). i adore this perfume, it may not be high couture, or particularly hip and fashionable, but it is a beautifully feminine fragrance with an incredible lasting power... to me it seems sort of timeless. the smell is an incredibly girly, syrupy sweet concoction that i can imagine would not be to everyones taste - it isn't exactly light and fresh.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2008 6:40:00 PM More reviews by my3sons5

First let me say that I rarely wear fragrance. Not that I don't like perfume, I am just a really busy soccer Mom who relys on scented body lotions! That said, this is the only perfume that I have ever repurchased. Too me it smells youthful (makes me think of spring) with a hint of vanilla. What I really love, almost every time I do wear it....someone will lean in, sniff, and say, what is that lovely scent.