July 28, 2014 | 1093 users online

Conditioner - Dove - Intense Moisture Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2009 8:21:00 PM More reviews by phalaenopsis_619

I have very thick and curly hair, usually I need a lot of conditioner because my hair is very hard to comb. This conditioner is very moisturizing and leaves my hair very soft and manageable afterwards. I didn't need a huge amount. Will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2008 8:58:00 PM More reviews by xenawarrior

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The ends of my naturally long black straight hair is usually drier than the top part. I used one bottle of the Dove Intense Conditioner and each time I get out of the shower my ends are soft and silky. I don't compliment much on hair products but this one really stood out with its performance. Highly recommend for quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2008 2:37:00 AM More reviews by philosophin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This stuff is a hot commodity! I went to a nearby Rite-Aid and they only had one bottle left. I was going to get the shampoo too but that was all gone. I don't remember how much it cost but I'm sure it's economical because the bottle is pretty large.

Anyway, I've been using this for a while now and it seems to make my uber thick hair soft and shiny. (It probably also helps that I usually let my hair air dry.) I take a dollop and bend my head and start applying it to the ends, working my way up the hair shaft. I do the conditioning ASAP in the shower so it can sit for a few minutes while I wash myself. Then I rinse it out thoroughly--say, for at least 30 seconds.

This conditioner has kind of a strong generic perfume-y smell to it. The packaging is just fine but I wish I could get it in a pump dispenser. (I saw one at my MIL's house.)

Word of caution: this may be too heavy for those with fine hair.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2008 9:42:00 PM More reviews by saamannthaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have slightly thick, at my bra strap curly hair. I can't tell if this is helping my hair, or is it my leave in. But shampoo's & conditioners have to help somewhat right? Well, this is pretty nice. My hair does seem better than with other conditioners I've used, but since I'm not sure, I'm only giving four lippies. It's also nice that it doesn't have a coconut smell, but instead smells like laundry detergent. I happen to like that smell, so its okay for me. :)

One thing I do praise is that the conditioner seems to soak up in my hair, instead of just sitting on the outside & coating it, so that's nice. And even if its not doing something, at least it feels like it.

[edit]
I have to take off a lippie 'cause this does buildup, which is sad 'cause I really liked it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2008 12:12:00 PM More reviews by JenniferDeann

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As I mentioned in my review for the matching shampoo, I had tried this conditioner several years ago when it first came out, and I didn't like it too much then because it felt heavy on my fine hair. Well, I saw the large pump bottles, now called Daily Moisture Therapy, at Costco yesterday, and I thought, what the heck. (A side note: this was sold next to Dove's Advanced Care line in the blue bottles and while the shampoos differed slightly in the order of ingredients, the conditioners were EXACTLY the same!) After using the matching shampoo, I slathered this stuff on and right away my hair felt softer. It was like my thirsty hair was drinking it in. My hair combed out easily, and it didn't dry into a sticky mess, which is what it seems all other conditioners do to my hair lately. I am hopeful that this conditioner will work for me despite the abundance of chemicals that I have never heard of. Update 12/08/08: I keep coming back to this conditioner! I have tried other conditioners these last few months, but again today I went back to Dove. I find that I like this conditioner for a few days, and then it builds up so I have to switch. Good in rotation, though. Update 4/27/09: Dove reformulated their conditioners and I was nervous about the change. I finally tried it, and I like it even better! My fine, dry hair hasn't looked this good in a long time and so far I haven't experienced the build-up like before. One more update 10/12/09: I really like what this does for my hair, but darn it this stuff makes my head and back itch! Unfortunately will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2008 5:37:00 AM More reviews by laracole

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This shampoo/conditioner along with Tresemme are my current everyday shampoo and conditioners. Dove is great because it really moisturizes my hair without weighing it down. It also smells GREAT. Its fresh and soft and my s/o LOVES it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2008 2:47:00 PM More reviews by snow_white_suicide

I have been bleaching and dying my hair unnatural shades for years and this is the only thing that keeps it soft and silky. If you have normal hair, it would probably be too heavy but it works wonders on over processed hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2008 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Beignet

I use this along with the cool moisture shampoo. It leaves my hair super soft and bouncy and doesn't weigh it down. Love!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2008 8:14:00 PM More reviews by CatVeronica

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This conditioner is really thick and creamy. I've never applied it to my roots for fear of it weighing my hair down, but it's great for my tips! This is a great, basic conditioner and it smells wonderful too!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2008 7:01:00 AM More reviews by jlknowles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I always have trouble with dry/split ends... I have natural curl/past shoulder length hair and no matter what I end up picking away at splits. That said! I think this may be the conditioner i've been hunting for. I've only used it a couple of days, but I can tell that it has completely moisturized my hair. The smell reminds me of my great grandma... but she's a cool lady. :-) I recommend the conditioner to anyone!