April 17, 2014 | 952 users online

Loose Powders - Ben Nye - Neutral Set translucent powder

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 8:17:00 AM More reviews by rydellpink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love love love the Neutral Set powder! It works well at setting makeup, and the price is right. I saved an old powder compact, so I shake a little powder into it and brush all over my face once I'm done with my makeup. I will continue to buy this over and over.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2012 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Yeppers

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by far the best powder ever! Sets my concealer /or foundation like a dream. The powder is soo fine milled that no matter how much you reapply it throughout the day it will still look matte without looking cakey. Ladies the hunt for the perfect setting powder is done. This is the holy grail for me and many others :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by gagag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Beats the high-end powders for those times when you need your powder to perform like a workhorse but still look natural. I recently discovered Graftobian Creme Foundation, and while I try to go without powder whenever possible, this particular foundation needs it - especially in Miami. Not only did this set my creme foundation in place throughout long, humid days, but it actually kept my face shine-free. You don't understand - I usually have an oil-slick beading up on the middle of my face by noon. I checked on my makeup around my lunch break, at which time I'd usually blot my face and do some touching up, but no! The oilies had not overtaken the makeup in my t-zone for once - even on top of creme foundation! Previously, I had been using MUFE HD powder. While I still think the MUFE HD powder is great, there's no contest when it comes to oil control. Ben Nye is definitely my preference for this task. I do think the packaging leaves something to be desired, but I'll take it for the incredible value. And while I was initially alarmed when I saw the texture was like baby powder, it morphed into a light fairy dust as soon as it was applied - entirely comparable to my beloved MUFE HD powder. The Ben Nye powder melted into my skin with very little coaxing: I used a large powder brush to dust it across my face and press it into my t-zone, then I followed with a dampened makeup wedge to banish the look of powder, however slight.
UPDATE: Taking off a lippie because I just tried Ben Nye Banana Powder. WOW!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2012 7:27:00 PM More reviews by NatalieJ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow, this powder is fantastic. I was loving a sample of Tarte Amazonian Clay Smooth Operator, but not the price. Did a little research here, and came up with this gem, and bought a bottle on eBay for $8 total. What a find!! It's finely milled, keeps my shiny t-zone at bay for hours, and has such a great finish. Love, love, love, love.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by enydonus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love it. Can't live without it. Mattifying, non-cakey, blocks sweat, sets concealer, feels soothing and cool on the skin, ... contains aluminium (inhaling aluminium and/or getting it in your eyes, absorbing it through pores is extremely bad for health). :'( Neutral Set seriously impressed me with its wear, ease of use, no nonsense packaging, and beautiful finish. I went back to high end cosmetics in search of something that would work without the antiperspirant and haven't found anything that comes close to this simple powder. Back to the theatrical supply shop for me. Next up is Ben Nye's Cameo visage poudre, hopefully it works just as well in the summer months.

Edit: I found something better! Tarte's poreless powder, it lasts longer and mattifies better. Only downside so far is that it's made in China and CRAZY expensive for powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2012 11:17:00 PM More reviews by C0URTN3Y

I really wanted this product to be what everyone is raving about....unfortunately, it does NOT exceed my expectations. In fact, it's well below mine.

First, it controlled my oil for the first few days, but after that I was oily again :(

Second, after several hours, it begins to look cakey. I had to pat my face with my fingers to blend out the cakey-ness. How embarrasing.

I do like that it is fairy translucent and isn't too heavy. Other than that, I won't buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Chineseve

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great product!!! This powder is very fine and blends into your skin very easily. I use a powder brush to press this powder onto my eyes and cheeks after I apply eyeshadows and blush. Then I brush off the excess lightly all over my face. It helps me set my make up and keep oil off my face. I love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2012 5:07:00 PM More reviews by cmacintyre100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

My favorite setting powder! I use this in my kit as well as for myself. I wouldn't use this on all skin tones, even though it claims to be ok. Instead I would use the banana powder for tan/dark skin. Excellent price tag for how much you get.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 12:29:00 AM More reviews by Lowecj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this based on the great reviews after I seen pretty cheap on a website. I tried it on half my face...my sampled side had an instant airbrush like quality but still looked natural. There was no trace of white and didn't affect the color my other makeup at all. For those claiming it does they must be heavy handed? I worked out pretty intense at home for half hour and ran to the mirror and reviewers were right, this STUFF IS INCREDIBLE. My makeup was still on and while I was pretty red, my makeup looked ten times better than the other half of my face without the setting powder. I'm pretty excited to own this product:)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by 417vsj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading all the great reviews on this product, I decided to give it a try. I bought the "small" 1.75 oz on ebay for 6 USD, it wasn't until I received it that I realized how much powder you get for your money, you get a lot of product!. So far, its been great, it controls oil very well, sets the foundation nicely and leaves no white cast.