August 22, 2014 | 1753 users online

Fragrances - Philosophy - Falling in Love

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2011 12:42:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

This is probably the sweetest smelling fragrance I owned. I smell like a blackberry rolled in sweet vanilla sugar when I wear this. It was different than anything I previously owned and I enjoy the scent but I ended up getting rid of it because it just wasn't 'me'.

The scent lasts a good while on your skin and dries down to a not-as-sweet smell, but still noticeable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2011 3:39:00 PM More reviews by LaceyPorter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Fell in love with falling in love at first sniff!! LOVE this perfume!!! Unique and soft reminds me of childhood somehow. This is THE BEST philosophy scent IMO.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2011 5:52:00 AM More reviews by IreneP

Though some women in my age group don't think it's age-appropriate, I really like this scent. It reminds me of cotton candy, carnivals, and spring days. I tried the spray fragrance in the store (ULTA) and liked it a lot but decided to buy the eau de parfum which does tend to last longer.

I plan to use it as a day scent since it is light and subtle and IMO, makes me smell fresh and clean. I would probably use something else for an evening date. The reason why I'm not giving it more stars is because my husband is not crazy about it. He thinks it smells too sweet. Since I work during the day, that's another reason to use it during the day - when I'm not around the husband.

UPDATE: I initially gave this scent a rating of 3 but have changed it to a 1. After using it for about a week, I got really really sick of the smell. Obviously not a good sign. I did get some compliments, but I personally couldn't stand it after awhile. It just became sickly sweet to me. My husband felt the same way.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2011 5:52:00 AM More reviews by snowshoe1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

lovely fruity smell lasted long on me mind u i have thr edp i put this on last night and cold smell it all night and even in the morning when i woke up it still smells on my ite shirt now.

smeels of smmer fruits stawberrys and black berries

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2011 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Nina_82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

As far as the fragrance itself goes - I love this! If you like sweet scents that are very girly, this is worth a try. It's sugary without smelling cheap, IMO. I also love the simplicity of the bottle, and the name is cute too! To me it is the kind of scent you'd wear on a first date. Only downside, as others have said, is the staying power. After a couple of hours, it almost disappears, so if I'm wearing it I always take the bottle with me in my handbag so I can reapply. Besides that, Falling in Love is my current favourite out of all my perfumes.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2011 9:59:00 AM More reviews by 02sunny

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Got this fragrance thinking I was going to like it since I like sweet and gourmand fragrances.Blackberry and vanilla sounded right up my ally.Well, what a dissapointment after just one spritz.Forget the cotton candy,this smells nothing like what others described.This crap smells like rotten berries.They need to go ack to the drawing board with this one ASAP.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2011 8:15:00 AM More reviews by cheriebeary73

If I could rate a zero I would! I have to say I am officially NOT a philosophy fan! I am SO disappointed in everything I ever tried by them! I first tried Amazing Grace after reading such rave reviews (QVC), and I could not smell it on me at all, neither could my husband or other family members. So returned it. Recently tried Pure Grace, and same deal, nobody could smell, so returned that as well. Then bought a face kit with the face cleanser and Hope in Jar etc. and made my face an Oil Slick! It was so gross! So returned that, and most recent, got a tiny sample of Falling in Love perfume from Sephora, and I literally just sprayed my arm, and like less then 1 min later can barely smell anything on my wrist! What is the deal with that brand?? I only smell very faint smell and it smells like rotten sugar. I sprayed Burberry London sample on other wrist and smells wonderful!!! I don't even have to put my nose to wrist and can smell that one. Ok so lesson learned and I am all done wasting my time buying anything Philosophy. When I see them on QVC now I will turn the channel! I don't understand the rave reviews!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2011 12:14:00 PM More reviews by apfi27

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased my "Falling in love" from a QVC TSV. I had never used Philosophy products before and it sounded delicious (vanilla and blackberries...who doesn't love that?). The set included shower gel, body butter (body cream in a tube), a mini solid travel stick of perfume, the spray, and a lipgloss(?).

Packaging arrived and was seductively packaged in a beautiful blue presentation box with black grossgrain ribbon and a 'french door' style cover. Inside each item fit neatly into it's own little compartment so there was no shifting or rattling en route.

The actual scent however, was not nearly as appealing for me. At first it was just ok, but then reminded me of something a very young girl would wear from the drugstore (cheap perfume smell). My 14 y/o daughter commented that she liked the scent after I had sprayed it.

However, shortly after spraying, it just smelled kind of overpowering. She even said is that the same or did someone spray something on the dog?

It was layered so it should have been a softer scent but it wasn't. The WORST part of all is that the scent gave me a bitter taste in my mouth!!! I have tested it several times to see if that's what it was and sure enough after using/testing for a couple months, it gives me the most unpleasant TASTE in my mouth! That means something is absorbing into my body and releasing through my tastebuds....worrisome for me! The first time after I thought it was the fragrance, I stopped using it and after a couple days the bad taste in my mouth was lessened and finally gone. I tried again just using the shower gel (thinking that I possibly sprayed the fragrance in the air and it got into my mouth)...still had the same funky taste in my mouth.

Tried again with just the body butter on my hands at night...woke up with the taste. Ok, confirmed that it's the fragrance....after finding this site and reading reviews, others have commented on the same. I want to know whats in the product/scent now. Wishing I hadn't tested it on myself but too late for that.

I would avoid any Philosophy products after this....and be curious if anyone knows anymore about why this scent leaves that bad taste in your mouth?

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2011 4:06:00 AM More reviews by cdesla1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

not for me. sickeningly sweet, it smells like cotton candy. this would be a good fragrance for a tween but not a grown woman.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 1:26:00 AM More reviews by combatmedicwife

I was in love (pun unintended) with the scent in the bottle. Reminiscent of cotton candy. The only way I can describe how it wears on me is that it CLASHED horribly with my body chemistry.