September 2, 2014 | 962 users online

Concealers - Make Up For Ever - Lift Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2011 9:16:00 PM More reviews by kocoannie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have only used this product twice but I was extremely impressed!!! I have been searching for a concealer with a smooth application and that actually does what it says it will do! It lifted my under eye area and was the perfect shade for my complexion! It's a pricey item but for me I felt it was worth it.

It vanished the dark cirles from under my eyes and had a very natural look to it. This concealer also blended in very nicely with my Bourjouis foundation (healthy mix I think!) which would be a medium coverage. This concelaer also lasted the whole night!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2011 12:31:00 PM More reviews by misanders

This concealer didn't work for me. The texture was great. It has moisture so it doesn't make your under eye area look dry. Unfortunately, it has no coverage. Within 30 minutes the coverage was gone.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2011 2:17:00 AM More reviews by starlessecho

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm so glad I bought this because it works like magic. My under eye areas always look dry or cakey when I apply concealer, so I had avoided it even with my large eye bags. They have a slightly dark ring though it isn't too much of a concern. The worst part has got to be the SHADOW that my eye bags cast that probably looks even worse when people taller than me talk to me.

First layer and the darkness is mostly gone. I used the tiniest bit of product on a concealer brush. At first, I was scared to add more because of the cakey-ness that always occurred, but I thought that I might as well test the Lift Concealer to its full extent. So I applied a second layer which took away all the darkness and even made the shadow less apparent! To me, this was enough. The unevenness of the skin under my eye bags were gone and it even looked smoother than before. Looks super natural and blends in with the skin well. I went out for 3 hours and it didn't budge at all; the concealer looked exactly the same when I came home. Of course, this isn't a long time frame, but it's how long the dinner I went to was.

My sister tried it and some product burst out when she used it. It was probably more because she somehow handled it oddly, but the results were just as natural on her even though she's at least half a shade lighter (I bought shade #2).

I've only tried this as an under eye concealer because the rest of my face isn't as much of a concern to me. The MUFE Lift Concealer looks like it'll last for a long time and gives such flawless, natural coverage. Definitely worth it with the low price. I wouldn't recommend this for people with darker eye circles though because it's more sheer of a product and it would waste a lot of time to build this up to the coverage necessary.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2011 9:16:00 PM More reviews by bbBearBear

I've never encountered the perfect concealer; Lift Concealer is the best I've come across but it has its flaws. I got #2 which is a good match for my skin tone. This doesn't provide much coverage. My dark circle is not severe. In fact, only the inner eye corners are reddish purple. So if you've a full ring of very dark circles, this is not enough coverage for you. the product glides on very smoothly and won't crease the fine lines. That being said.. it's only good for max. 2 layers on me. Attempting more than 2 layers is not possible. The outer corners of my under eye are usually drier and this won't work at all. So have to use a good, well moisturized eye cream at night. I pat on Face & Body foundation and swept a bit of loose powder before I go out but the concealer starts to melt away in 4 hrs. I guess in a way I've oilier skin and hence no make up stays on me. Maybe I need to invest in eye primer to solve this pb

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2011 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Vivalicious

the coverage is too sheer - not good enough for undereye or blemishes on the skin....possibly the worst concealers i've had.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2011 9:29:00 PM More reviews by ella343

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like how MUFE Lift Concealer is specifically calibrated for use around the eyes. The formula is quite fluid, easy to blend and layer, with a slightly dewy finish. It needs to be set with powder, or it tends to shift. It's mostly a brightener (my shade, #03 Neutral Beige, has a slight milky peach tone) with a touch of concealer, better suited to moderate discoloration. I'm not looking for full coverage, which looks particularly cakey and obvious on the thin skin around the eyes. Unless you have severe dark circles, this concealer/brightener hybrid looks far more natural: when tapped-to-blend, it integrates seamlessly into the skin, nearly invisible. And compared to products like Touche Eclat, 0.5 oz for $22 seems economical, especially since a little goes a long way. Best of all, there is no mineral oil, which I recently discovered causes milia for me!

For reference, I've also tried (and likely forgotten a few): Estee Lauder Cyber White, Laura Mercier Secret Concealer, Benefit Boi-ing!, Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer, Cover Girl Invisible Concealer, Guerlain Precious Light Rejuvenating Illuminator, Cle de Peau, YSL Touche Eclat, Neutrogena Healthy Skin Smoothing Stick.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2011 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

NW10-15 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

Really loving this concealer. I have been improving my skin care to the point where I try to skip wearing foundation and just opt for concealer on my acne scarring on my jaw line, around my nose redness, and under eyes. This blends beautifully if you use your fingers to apply and is very build able to achieve the coverage you are looking for. It has a sophisticated dewy texture that sets satin if you apply a gentle finishing powder on top. Lasts all day, you won't be caught out "in the rain" with your red spots showing. Lastly, it does not settle in my under eye creases if I make sure to blend well with care and set with powder. I use shade 2 or 3, and to be honest, having a hard time telling the difference between the shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by brooksy88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

So, for people who have similar problems, I'll say that I have EXTREMELY dark bluish/purpley dark circles. They surround my entire eye area, particularly dark around my tear duct area and sides of my nose. They are just as prominent whether I get twelve hours of sleep or three. They are there even though I am a huge water drinker and eat my veggies. I have had them my whole life. They seem to be here to stay, so I have been on the hunt for good concealers.
Finding a usable under eye concealer is a tricky business for me, because I have major darkness that needs to be covered, but I also find that heavy coverage concealers are waaay too noticeable, cakey, and drying around my eye area. The only thing worse than having scary black zombie eyes is looking like you've spent the week bathing in thick makeup. So, it's a pretty big balancing act for me.

Make Up For Ever's Lift Concealer is the best under eye concealer I have tried to date. The formula is extremely light, creamy, and blendable. It does not cake or settle into creases at all. The coverage isn't as great as other concealers I have tried, but for how light and non-drying it is, the coverage is still pretty good for my massive shiners.
The packaging is nice. It comes in a little squeeze tube, which is nice for avoiding contamination. I haven't had any problems with too much product coming out, but that's because I read MUA reviews before purchasing, and I make sure to only squeeze a tiny bit each time I use it. The price isn't bad at all ($23CAD) for a natural looking high end concealer.
I am still hoping to find that HG concealer that is light and blendable AND gives super coverage, but I will definitely definitely stick with this one until such a time comes.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2011 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Midget0cookie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I think I might have gotten too light a shade for my skintone so I can't comment on the color match at the moment....but I bought this to cover up dark undereye circles and I think it's great!

The formula goes on smoothly and doesn't melt off or dry into powder. I can layer it as needed, and it doesn't feel too thick. It offers good coverage for my purpose. I don't think I would try this on scars, it might not be pigmented enough.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2011 5:29:00 PM More reviews by LovesTheWay2Go

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This concealer was only decent for me. I've been on the concealer hunt for far too long now, and I think this concealer did come really close. The coverage wasn't enough for me though, because I have very dark under eye circles. I like the texture a lot and it's very blendable, but it made my under eye skin look a little gray and aged. I would recommend this if you have under eye circles as long as they're not too severe like mine, and if your looking for a lighter, liquidy concealer.