Cover Girl Simply Powder Foundation

3.9

Talc, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Dextrin, Calcium Silicate, Nylon 12, Zinc Stearate, Quaternium 15, Lecithin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Silica, Propylparaben, Methicone, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Methylparaben, Lauroyl Lysine, Glyceryl Rosinate, Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, May Contain:, Ultramarines

on 6/24/2012 12:19:00 AM

This is a great foundation. I like it because the price is so good, its amazingly easy to blend. It's actually very easy to sweep it on. If you have dry skin, don't forget to use moisturizer bit honestly I think this powder is kinda emollient. I like that it takes me 1 minute to put on my makeup and it feels very good and looks good.I like this better than the powder foundation I got from sephora for $42(Laura mercier)....I truly like this covergirl much better.

on 4/26/2012 9:40:00 AM

So, I had been using Palladio's Dual Wet/Dry foundation for about a week. Unfortunately it was causing little oil bumps (the ones you squeeze & all that comes out is clear) on my chin. So, luckily I kept the receipt and returned it to Ulta.

After that, I went to Target to look at some cheaper options since my husband & I are trying to cut back. Good thing, because I found out I'm pregnant yesterday. Yay -_- Anyway, I originally purchased Cover Girl Clean Sensitive Skin makeup in warm beige and this compact in Ivory. The clean makeup was way darker than expected, and the ivory looked like straight baby powder over top, so I returned the two. I then purchased Cover Girl Clean Sensitive Skin makeup in buff beige along with the Cover Girl Clean Sensitive Skin powder compact to match. The color was perfect, but maybe that's because the makeup didn't cover anything, and again the powder looked like I did crack around my nose. Needless to say I returned them again and purchased just this compact again in classic ivory. Not only does it cover what I need it to cover, controls oil, and doesn't look too powdery.

Right now, this is HG for me. We'll see after a week what it does to my skin. Updates to come!

EDIT: I realized that you cannot reapply this powder. It makes it look extremely muddy. It also oxidizes into a completely different color. I wouldn't repurchase this. This is definitely one of those instances where you get what you pay for.

I adore this powder been using it since i was about 15 so 14 yrs now LOL stick with what works i guess.
I enjoy a medium to full coverage look, this provides and extra layer of coverage over my foundation. I find the lightest shade 505 works best for me, enough color to be natural without looking like you put white rice powder on your face (which is my main issue with other CC powders).
I personally love the sponge applicator, however if it's to much coverage using a powder brush works really well too.
The only other shade i've used is the 510 which typically gets worn in the middle of summer when i'm at my darkest.
Tried many other powders throughout the years (mineral powders / Revlons CS powder - which i hate by the way, odd since i love that foundation) and always always come back to this one.
If your looking for extra coverage you should give this a go, for the price i haven't found anything that compares.

on 3/5/2012 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I like this powder because it has great coverage and To me this is a dupe for the MAC studio fix powder. For the price you can't beat it... This is probably the only covergirl powder I will use.

on 2/29/2012 5:30:00 PM

I love this product! It literally saves me so much time on my makeup routine! I have some acne scars and the occasional acne and when I put this on, my face looks almost flawless! I finish it with a light powder from Physician's Formula to achieve the perfect look. I would buy this again. The only thing weird is the container it comes in. I'm not really sure if it closes? I love this product though! It's a time and money saver!

on 2/25/2012 9:24:00 PM

Dear Cover Girl (and every drugstore makeup brand that does this),
Ivory DOES NOT MEAN ORANGE AND DARK! Last time I checked, Ivory meant very fair and pretty neutral undertoned. However, Cover Girl believes Ivory is around what seems like an orange nc15, possibly nc20. It has a pretty nice texture however, and goes on quite smooth. But yet again, I look at the ingredients list only to find that Bismuth Oxychloride "may or may not" be in the formula. I don't wanna possibly break out from that, let alone leave my house looking muddy and orange. I'll have to blend down my neck until this is gone. Sigh, onto the next powder foundation.

on 2/22/2012 2:31:00 PM

Oh Happy Day.

For years the only foundation powder I have purchased was Beauticontrol Wet-Dy Finish, all other foundations didn't give me the coverage I was wanting. I got tired of spending 22.95 for my foundation each month. I decided to try this, since the reviews here were pretty promising, and my local grocery store gives money back guarantee on any used makeup you don't like! I have got to say that I'm thrilled. It gives me pretty decent medium-full coverage and it matches my skin color perfectly. I use it with covergirls pro finishing powder and I couldn't be happier for an everyday makeup to even my skintone and cover some light acne scar pock marks! The wet/dry from beauticontrol covers faster than covergirl but with a few extra layers I can get the same results, so now I use covergirl for my everyday look and save my beauticontrol for those special occasions! 1 compact has lasted me about 4 weeks, so for $5.50 a month I can wear makeup everyday, when I was using beauticontrol before I only wore it when I HAD to because of the cost. So happy I found this product. Definitely worth giving it a try for $5.00

on 2/2/2012 5:19:00 PM

This is great. Granted I don't use it. But I have for a few days and it covers really well and didn't make me oily. Make sure to moisturize well before application. One reason I didn't continue use was the shade selection. I bought Natural Ivory I believe, and it was far to dark, then I bought the lighter one and it was a bit too light, and there's no way to mix powder foundations so I just gave up. But it does perform well! Granted, didn't use it long enough to see if I would've broken out from it but, it didn't break me out in the couple days I did use it... so who knows! Great powder foundation with great coverage. Quick and easy, swipe and go!

on 1/29/2012 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I got this one in #515 Natural Ivory. I have been trying many different powders to replace my Lancome Dual Finish or get close to it. All have come very short of supplying me with equal coverage except for this one. Cover Girl isn't half bad. I would prefer it had a nice smell but it doesn't. It does however apply evenly, does not settle in my wrinkles, or turn me orange. I do apply moisture cream before using this powder, otherwise I think it might be somewhat drying to my more mature skin. I only say this because it says nothing about being for more mature skin, and Cover Girl has always been aimed at the younger crowd IMO. I am really loving the shade I chose for this time of the year. I think come Summer I may purchase a shade darker if needed but for now this one is perfect. It is dark enough to provide good coverage but not so dark as to point out, "Hey, she is wearing makeup!" So for now, this one works. I do want to try the other newer products from L'Oreal when I can find an appropriate shade. ;-)

on 1/26/2012 12:36:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have been going back to Simply Powder foundation for years. I prefer lightweight, sheer coverage and this is the ticket if that is what you are looking for. I use concealer where needed and then blend everything in with this product. It gives slightly more coverage than a traditional powder and doesn't highlight dry skin as much either. The only downfall of this product is that the sponge applicator sits in the product, which I find unsanitary. Also, the package is a little challenging to put together. Other than that, it lasts a long time and I will probably continue to purchase again and again! Please note, though: if you have very dry skin, are squeamish about a sponge sitting in your powder, or are looking for more substantial coverage, this will not satisfy you.