October 24, 2014 | 1564 users online

Powder - Cover Girl - Simply Powder Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2012 4:19:00 PM More reviews by liltweety

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this powder because it has great coverage and To me this is a dupe for the MAC studio fix powder. For the price you can't beat it... This is probably the only covergirl powder I will use.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by KenjKenjKenj

I love this product! It literally saves me so much time on my makeup routine! I have some acne scars and the occasional acne and when I put this on, my face looks almost flawless! I finish it with a light powder from Physician's Formula to achieve the perfect look. I would buy this again. The only thing weird is the container it comes in. I'm not really sure if it closes? I love this product though! It's a time and money saver!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by PastyWicks

Dear Cover Girl (and every drugstore makeup brand that does this),
Ivory DOES NOT MEAN ORANGE AND DARK! Last time I checked, Ivory meant very fair and pretty neutral undertoned. However, Cover Girl believes Ivory is around what seems like an orange nc15, possibly nc20. It has a pretty nice texture however, and goes on quite smooth. But yet again, I look at the ingredients list only to find that Bismuth Oxychloride "may or may not" be in the formula. I don't wanna possibly break out from that, let alone leave my house looking muddy and orange. I'll have to blend down my neck until this is gone. Sigh, onto the next powder foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by sheratosh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh Happy Day.

For years the only foundation powder I have purchased was Beauticontrol Wet-Dy Finish, all other foundations didn't give me the coverage I was wanting. I got tired of spending 22.95 for my foundation each month. I decided to try this, since the reviews here were pretty promising, and my local grocery store gives money back guarantee on any used makeup you don't like! I have got to say that I'm thrilled. It gives me pretty decent medium-full coverage and it matches my skin color perfectly. I use it with covergirls pro finishing powder and I couldn't be happier for an everyday makeup to even my skintone and cover some light acne scar pock marks! The wet/dry from beauticontrol covers faster than covergirl but with a few extra layers I can get the same results, so now I use covergirl for my everyday look and save my beauticontrol for those special occasions! 1 compact has lasted me about 4 weeks, so for $5.50 a month I can wear makeup everyday, when I was using beauticontrol before I only wore it when I HAD to because of the cost. So happy I found this product. Definitely worth giving it a try for $5.00

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2012 5:19:00 PM More reviews by jwil16

This is great. Granted I don't use it. But I have for a few days and it covers really well and didn't make me oily. Make sure to moisturize well before application. One reason I didn't continue use was the shade selection. I bought Natural Ivory I believe, and it was far to dark, then I bought the lighter one and it was a bit too light, and there's no way to mix powder foundations so I just gave up. But it does perform well! Granted, didn't use it long enough to see if I would've broken out from it but, it didn't break me out in the couple days I did use it... so who knows! Great powder foundation with great coverage. Quick and easy, swipe and go!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by Magixz

I got this one in #515 Natural Ivory. I have been trying many different powders to replace my Lancome Dual Finish or get close to it. All have come very short of supplying me with equal coverage except for this one. Cover Girl isn't half bad. I would prefer it had a nice smell but it doesn't. It does however apply evenly, does not settle in my wrinkles, or turn me orange. I do apply moisture cream before using this powder, otherwise I think it might be somewhat drying to my more mature skin. I only say this because it says nothing about being for more mature skin, and Cover Girl has always been aimed at the younger crowd IMO. I am really loving the shade I chose for this time of the year. I think come Summer I may purchase a shade darker if needed but for now this one is perfect. It is dark enough to provide good coverage but not so dark as to point out, "Hey, she is wearing makeup!" So for now, this one works. I do want to try the other newer products from L'Oreal when I can find an appropriate shade. ;-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2012 12:36:00 AM More reviews by monicaandree

I have been going back to Simply Powder foundation for years. I prefer lightweight, sheer coverage and this is the ticket if that is what you are looking for. I use concealer where needed and then blend everything in with this product. It gives slightly more coverage than a traditional powder and doesn't highlight dry skin as much either. The only downfall of this product is that the sponge applicator sits in the product, which I find unsanitary. Also, the package is a little challenging to put together. Other than that, it lasts a long time and I will probably continue to purchase again and again! Please note, though: if you have very dry skin, are squeamish about a sponge sitting in your powder, or are looking for more substantial coverage, this will not satisfy you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 4:25:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is...magic. I swear they use unicorn tears in this stuff or something, because I switched from Chanel to EL to Shiseido to, since my mom has used it since high school, this CG powder and it absolutely beats the pants off any of the others. Looks a little too dark in the pan but goes on perfectly, light and not cakey. Sets my liquid foundation or provides a soft airbrushed look on its own without looking funky on my dry skin. HG, easily.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2012 11:27:00 PM More reviews by alicea825

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this powder foundation. It's dirt cheap compared to a liquid/powder combo and the coverage is amazing. It leaves a really nice even, matte finish even over old acne scars and makes pores disappear on my nose. Great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 5:44:00 PM More reviews by allison41

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Normally I use CG pocket powder (the oval one in the blue packaging, sometimes it's hard to find) I was looking to try a new powder (since Target was sold out of my shade in the powder I usually use) and came across this one. I figured I'd give it a try since It wasn't too expensive, I think I paid around $6.50 or $7 for it. I LOVE it! I've tried several drugstore and high end brands and I think this works just as well or better as mac studio fix- and let's face it, it's hard to spend $25+ on a powder.
My skin can tend to get shiny throughout the day but this really helped control the oil for hours. It covers pretty well and was not cakey. Think I have a new CG favorite!
The only things I do NOT like about this was having to put the compact together, kinda confusing but once you figure it out, it's fine. I also do not like that the sponge doesn't have a separate compartment- it just sits on the product.
Overall this is a great, affordable powder foundation that works well.