April 20, 2014 | 1353 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Cream Colour Base in Hush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2011 9:31:00 PM More reviews by bombfrostings

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My first CCB! I've seen it featured in so many YT vids, and I was super excited to finally have it in my hands. It lived up to expectations completely. After six months of nearly every day use, I just hit the pan. It's a lot more versatile than I expected, and the texture is beautiful. I love how it photographs! It's not a staple, but I love topping up a look with this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2011 5:02:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict76

My first CCB and it's lovely color. It's subtle enough for day and night. I wish it was little big more pigmented and last longer.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2011 5:08:00 PM More reviews by jenncherie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this a while ago, thought it was too glittery, and then searched for a better, more 'natural' looking highlighter high and low. I've discovered that there isn't one - I guess all highlighters are bound to look glittery under bright light, no matter how fine the shimmer. This is pretty, and will do for my purposes. I think Hush is better than Shell CCB - the particles in Shell seem to be much bigger.
I may try the becca illuminators when I run out.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2011 2:20:00 PM More reviews by sam2210

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love love love it! Works very well. Gives a nice healthy radiance. I wear it during the day and also great for the evenings.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2011 11:21:00 AM More reviews by pemily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this Ccb, pretty to stare at
:-) on a serious not I lightly apply this after untitled paint to the first 2/3 of eye and then layer either tan piggy or amberlights e/s don't know how or why but it amazingly transforms the colours!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2011 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Glowydazzle12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

ATTENTION TO ALL FAIR SKINNED GIRLS! although this is a great highlighter for girls over NW-NC25, it doesn't show up on fairer skin.
Some people suggest using it as a peachy blush but personnally it looks fake and sickly on me.

While this does give a very lovely healthy glow and it helps powder blush stay on, I think you can find an alternative at the drugstore.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2011 7:37:00 PM More reviews by kimwhittkeli

love all the ccb's they give such a nice highlight. and slight shimmer to the face.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2011 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Sayers

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutley love Cream Color Base. They are a versatile product that add that much sought after sheen to skin & eyes. Being fair skinner (NC15) I've found a way to make Fawntastic and Dusk work as beautiful contours and blushes plus Shell is a lovely highlighter. After getting a sample of Hush and jbeing ust so pleased with the peachy sheen it gave my cheeks I went for the compact. I use this and all CCB with a flat topped brush, sweeping it across lightly powdered cheeks (powder helps it hold to the skin better). Fabulous product all around.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2011 2:32:00 AM More reviews by rebelprince

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Oh, how I love Hush.

I'd sing the praises for days but you all would get bored. To be honest, I didn't like cream highlighters until this. I love how it flawlessly blends into the skin and isn't glittery but more shimmery and shiny in the same sense that a Mineralized Skinfinish is. It just goes on smoother and dries down to a better finish.

I use this on my cheekbones and under blush to give a luminosity. I also use it as an eyeshadow base at times when my eyeshadows are matte and I want them to have a little luminosity. However, you'd want to use another base underneath that to prevent creasing. I also like dabbing it anywhere that I need a more skin-colored highlight. I use it all the time on my cupid's bow.

It's very creamy, and doesn't really dry down that well in the sense that it stays creamy, so it can be prone to creasing or traveling. If you wear it on cheeks, I'd suggest to set it with powder blush or some kind of translucent powder (or not if you want to use a colored one. Up to you.)

I've gotten family members hooked on this stuff after wearing it. I encourage everyone to at least try it because it's a great multipurpose product.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2011 6:00:00 PM More reviews by EmmaFitzGerald

this product was sold to me as a highlighter, and when i got home and applied it to my cheekbones and browbone it came out so pink and looked rashy, seriously dissapointed in this product as i had high expctation, hearing about it from a few professional make up artists. would not repurchase.