April 20, 2014 | 1444 users online

Fragrances - Victoria's Secret - Amber Romance EDT

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2008 11:59:00 PM More reviews by meropale

Warm, musky vanilla. Sensual and sophisticated. (NOT GRANNY-LIKE!)The scent seem to cling onto fabrics for quite a while. I drenched my guy friend's parka with this EDT one time when I was drunk, and I could still smell it on his jacket after a month and half.

A few sprays will do, it is pretty strong.
Best to wear at night or during colder days. I can imagine this to be cloying on a humid summer day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2008 11:37:00 AM More reviews by jaqi16

One of my favorite perfumes. It smells so good! Would repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2008 2:38:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

Okay, I got a small decant based on the good reviews here, and all I can say is "where's the amber?". On me this just smells like a bright floral with a hint of musk on the drydown. No amber, no vanilla, very disappointing. I tried it four times before reviewing. Oh well, I guess I shouldn't have broken my own rule about try before you buy. Just another case of how different perfume smells on different people. I'm glad it works on others, but it doesn't do a thing for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2008 12:27:00 PM More reviews by jillmg89

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Very nice sensual scent. I like the fact that you can buy a purse size version! I keep this one with me for last minute "touch ups". Nice price- 5 for $30, so you can purchase the matching body mist and lotion to go along with it. Good for daytime, casual wear.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2008 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Rowdysmomma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Don't let the opening notes scare you away from this EDT. The drydown is amazing. Smells of a rich warm amber and vanilla blend. Well worth the 5 for $30 paid for Secret Garden products.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2008 12:29:00 AM More reviews by hunneydoo

This scent knocks the pants off Sensual Amber by Bath and Body Works!!! I find this one MUCH more appealing to the nose!

As someone else said, it smells like Winter Sunshine. It's a warm inviting scent..without being TOO heavy.. nice for when its cold outside.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2007 8:54:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

Amber Romance is a creamy warm vanilla and amber scent which has quite good staying power on my skin. I love the warmth of this and the way that it is quite a unique scent from Victoria's Secret. I love amber scents in general, and this one reminds me of my teenage favourite, Tocade by Rochas but without the awful packaging! This can be a little strong if overapplied, but otherwise is a sensuous and feminine scent. I would definitely buy this again! **UPDATE** Boyfriend said I smell like cat pee when I wear this. Tact has never been one of his strong points, although it would explain why my kitty keeps giving me funny looks. I guess I won't be buying this again after all! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2007 3:58:00 PM More reviews by soniawonia

I loooooove this fragrance. Highly sophisticated and smells expensive. Gorgeous. Been using it since I was 15.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2007 3:31:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

I love inexpensive finds. Pre-MUA, I was addicted to Victoria's Secret's Vanilla Lace - I always had four or five of the EDTs laying around the house, in my purse, at my parents' place... it was definitely my comfort scent. But after having discovered the fragrance board and finding great loves in niche fragrances, I couldn't find enjoyment in one-note scents anymore... until recently. Funny enough, I found I really enjoyed the scent of a shaving cream I've been using, and someone mentioned it was identical to Amber Romance. So I went and picked up a bottle of AR at La Senza. And I fell in love!

Smelling sweetly like vanilla, amber, and a soft hint of musk, this is a simple, creamy fragrance that yes, men seem to love. Coincidence, perhaps, but my husband is all over me when I wear this, and he's not one to pay particular attention to fragrances. At $9/bottle, I'm glad I make both of us happy!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2007 6:26:00 PM More reviews by zoegirl1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Other

This is a surprisingly pretty and classy fragrance. I'm not a big fan of the overly fruity fare that the VS Garden collection offers, nor do I enjoy Vanilla Lace, smells plastic-y to me somehow, but amber romance is different. Pretty on it's own and nice to layer with, smells good with Lolita Lempicka and Shalimar among others. Sometimes all I smell is cherry vanilla, but most of the time I get notes of amber and musk as well.