August 1, 2014 | 1780 users online

Treatments - OPI - Nail Envy - Sensitive & Peeling

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2009 1:19:00 AM More reviews by vleemakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

An okay nail treatment. It says it's for sensitive & peeling nails & it did help me with this regard; but I believe it's too expensive & doesn't do a good enough job for me to purchase this again. I found I had much better results with Sally Hansen Miracle Cure & it's also $10AU cheaper - so it's a NO GO for Nail Envy & a HECK YEAH for Miracle Cure. I have no peeling AT ALL when I use Miracle Cure; however, when I used Nail Envy S&P I still had nail peeling & splitting.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2009 7:32:00 PM More reviews by itslyndz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Made my short nails so much stronger. They grew past my finger tips in 5 days! I recommend this to everyone I know, when they tell me they hate their short nails. The only downside is the price. It is expensive.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2009 6:04:00 AM More reviews by nadmer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

A huge disappointment. I'd heard such good things about OPI so I bought this for my very weak and peeling nails. As suggested I re-applied every day or so but this really didn't stop the peeling, and worst of all as you added successive coats it yellowed and gave the nails a horrible crackle-glazed look. And after a couple of months the polish got into the screw cap somehow and I couldn't get the lid off. A rip off at 20 pounds in the UK.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2009 2:24:00 AM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am very disappointed in this product as I've always read such raving reviews of Nail Envy in magazines (top 100 product lists, etc.) Somebody must be paying somebody off. Or maybe regular Nail Envy works great. Since I turned 45, my nails have been peeling like nobody's business. In desperation, I let a woman at a beauty supply store talk me into this stuff....I literally "doinked" when she said "That'll be $19.97"....Well, if it works, it's worth it, right? Yeah, but it doesn't work. Like others have mentioned, it takes a long time to dry, is "gloppy" right out of the bottle, and doesn't really appreciably help my nails. Specifically, I can see that my nails are still peeling...UNDERNEATH a gloppy coat of this product. Sooo, you've got clear nail polish, and then can see the "lines" of the various layers of peeling nail, preserved underneath. Frankly, it's pretty gross! I do feel that it's somewhat moisturizing to the nails, but it's not solving the peel problem. I've been using it for about a month, and am hoping that GRADUALLY it may work...I keep cutting my nails short hoping that eventually, the peely parts will grow out...but my hope is fading.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2009 2:34:00 AM More reviews by yukisanto

i have nails which break off after peeling. So I thought this would help. Well, after 2 weeks, one of my nails broke again, though I must say, at a much slower rate than usual. The stuff is glooey, and it takes a while to dry. When I do 2 coats of polish color over it, it takes forever to dry or it will mix with the color. I'm not sure if others notice it, do your nails turn yellow from using this?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2008 9:17:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

I've been using this for years. I usually use it as a base coat under nail colour, I find that it really keeps my nails from yellowing. My major gripe is that by the time I'm halfway through a bottle, it thickens to the point of being useless. At this price, it hurts to throw away half of each bottle. From the reviews here, I will have to go with the original Nail Envy next time, I'm just a little worried about nail yellowing due to the formaldehyde in that one. FYI Sensitive & Peeling is formaldehyde free.
Update: I've switched to the OPI Natural Nail Base Coat. It dries super fast and doesn't thicken over time. I'm done with Nail Envy

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2008 2:28:00 PM More reviews by heidibee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I picked and bit at my nails for over 15 years until I found Original Nail Envy. It worked almost instantly, and kept my nails gorgeously long and strong - enough that I didn't have to manicure them for my Wedding in 2007.
I have also suffered from eczema most of my life and I put the increased itching, inflamation and irritation down to the stress of planning my Wedding. The irritation was on my eyes, scalp, arms - and where I scratched, it got worse.
It's only now I'm watching my health more closely and removing chemicals where I can, that when I ran out of (Original) Nail Envy I noticed a marked improvement!
This is down to the Formaldehyde contained in the Original formula - after all, it is used to preserve dead bodies and tissue so I understand the way it works. Unfortunately, it appears I am allergic.

I've stopped using the Original formula, and moved to Sensitive & Peeling. It doesn't work quite as well, but it's a small price to pay for the absence of unrelenting eczema, that wouldn't let up no matter how hard I scratched - and was starting to affect my appearance and quality of life in general.

If you're not allergic to Formaldehyde, try the Original formula.

If you have eczema, be careful - possibly switch to Sensitive & Peeling - it wasn't worth the stress on my skin and immune system to keep using the Original (and try eliminating dairy, caffeine, alcohol and other strong household detergents etc).

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2008 4:25:00 AM More reviews by pinkzilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Since I have no intention to use this product like the pamflet says, take my review with causion. I apply one layer of this and keep it on as long as it looks neat. So I basically use this like nail polish. Any of the nail hardeners I've tried last as long as they're supposed to, so I don't even try anymore.

This one leaves a nice, shiny and moderately even finish on my nails. It's quite easy to apply lightly. My nails are growing quite fast but that might be more due to the fact that I massage cuticles many times a day than this one working. Peeling is possibly lessened a bit, but that's probably due to better moisture on nail. This is an average, very pricey product(at least in Finland). I bought it online for about ten bucks, here the prize is around 30. Unbelievable!
The reason I wanted to try this was the fact that this hasn't got formaldehyde(?) in it, and I wanted to examine if I'm allergic to it or not. For now, this seems to work in the same way that one's with f-hyde do.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2007 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Chucky76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It peels within days, and halfway through the bottle it has become so thick it's stringy, but it does help my problematic nails that occassionally peels. I don't think I'd buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2007 3:20:00 PM More reviews by pattycakes55

i am on my second day of opi s & p, so far so good-i've had my hands wet, applied hand cream, and no peeling of the treatment. my nails look alot better already. have tried nailtiques #2 and had problems with it peeling/flaking, so we shall see- will keep posting....

9/30/07....my nails have been growing out very nicely- last night i hit one of the longer ones on a wood beam in the basement, and normally it would have cracked or broken- this time it didn't! i agree about the getting stringy thing, which mine is starting to do; i may add a drop or 2 of nail polish remover and see if that helps. otherwise i like it, but may switch to the regualr envy when i'm done with this bottle.