September 17, 2014 | 2024 users online

Mascara - Bourjois - Coup de Theatre 2 in 1 False Lash Illusion

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2010 3:53:00 AM More reviews by LailaE

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara is cheap and has nasty packaging, but if you want a false lash effect this is THE BEST MASCARA to buy. If you put on one normal coat, wait, then put on another light coat, focussing mostly on the tips of your lashes, pulling out the microfibres so they extend from the end of your lashes, you will get a good .5 centimetre of extensions - as there are actual long fibres in the mascara which act like false lashes. Brilliant. You just need to be good at applying it, and wait for it to dry before you blow dry your hair as it'll bend the ends down and make it all look mis-shapen! If you can't get length with this mascara, you're doing something wrong.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2010 7:27:00 AM More reviews by pink_cosmos

This mascara doesn't hold a curl very well and has a tendency to clump when you apply more coats. It doesn't volumise or lengthen well, but the colour is very black. I dont ilke how it makes my lashes feel crunchy and hard. There are definitely better mascaras out there, I dont rate this one at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2010 4:19:00 AM More reviews by ivyliew

Even though I like the unique packaging. The wand is a tiny bit difficult to get out of the tube and the brush is tapered, which means it can reach my little lashes in the inner corner of my eye. It does not deliver length or colume it claims to. I was extremely disappointed, talk about false advertising. This mascara added no 'oomph' to my lashes at all, it only made my lashes even more limp and unnoticable. I wouldn't purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2010 4:16:00 PM More reviews by LNC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Best mascara available from a drug store. I love how it makes my lashes look thick and full without clumps. Its really really black, which makes my dark brown eyes pop. Would definitly recommened this and will be buying again!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2010 1:29:00 PM More reviews by IamAleks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I have it in blue colour. first i use brown mascara on the roots and then blue on the end of lashes. Looks so good!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2009 11:17:00 AM More reviews by shanstuff

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Coup de Theatre my butt! This is a dual-ended mascara, with end #1 being a mascara primer and end #2 being the actual mascara. The primer, IMO, is great. It lengthens, thickens, and separates fantastically...as a matter of fact, if my lashes ended up looking at the end of the whole process the way they look at the end of the priming process, I'd be giving this product a 5! However...the mascara is just okay, and by that I mean the mascara is just OKAY. No curling...if anything, it wilts any curl you may have put in your lashes to start with (the primer, on the other hand, accentuates curl). It also takes several, and I mean SEVERAL coats of the mascara to get you back to the length and fullness you started with after priming, which makes no sense to me, but hey, that's how it rolls with this stuff. It doesn't clump on me, and eventually I do get length and definition, but it takes waaay too much work. I've taken to using the primer end and then following with one of my many volumizing mascaras on top, just ignoring the built-in CDT mascara that is attached. If they come out with a primer alone (or if I can find one that they already make), I'll definitely get it. But as it stands, this mascara is overpriced for what it is, and will not be a repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2009 5:30:00 AM More reviews by blinktwice

I was really disappointed with this product. I had high hopes as I love the Bourjois Liner Effect mascara. I realise there's a limit to the 'false eye effect' you can get from a mascara but the 'effects' were little different from what any standard black mascara available on the high st does (and doesn't claim to do)...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2009 8:41:00 PM More reviews by glossyxlipz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I have to admit I am pretty impressed by this product. Going by the reviews here at MUA, I decided to buy this and knew what to expect.

Like others had mention, I didn't see too much volume going on, but the length was amazing! I never knew my lashes could go that far. So what I did to add the volume was apply a coat of L'Oreal's Voluminous first. It got a little clumpy but I think it had more to do with my Voluminous than the Bourjois mascara. But my lashes looked fake and I loved it.

If I am just going for a more everyday look, I will definitely just apply it on its on and it will look dramatic but not overwhelming.

*Warning* Do not get this stuff actually in your eye. I did by accident. My eyes were watery and the mascara was not dry yet and it leaked into my eye from the corner. My eye stayed red and irritated for a good hour. Mascara "leaking" into my eye is not uncommon as I really do have watery eyes, but it never has left my eye so red for so long. So be careful.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2009 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Jazzylicieux

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product was sort of an impulse buy. I tried it out at Ulta (because the packaging was cute and the lady in the ad had fab lashes) and loved it but as the packaging says it's volume + length...it delivers the length but the volume - meh. I have naturally long, thick lashes and this one suits me just fine. I always get compliments and people asking if my eyelashes are real which also satisfies the "false lash effect" the product promises. However, when they say "false lash effect" and have the lady in the ad's lashes look super dramatic, people expect the same effect, but chances are she WAS wearing false eyelashes for that ad because no human being has eyelashes that thick with just a mascara. It's sort of common sense to know this. I don't need to curl my eyelashes, and I don't wear primer on them either and this one is amazing without doing all that, so I'm guessing with all that, it would be fantastic for those who need it. The applicator isn't too thick which is good if you have curly long lashes because a large applicator will get mascara all over your lids (especially the bottom one) so this one is perfect size. And remember, don't pump the applicator in and out to get more product on the wand (this brings air inside the tube and causes mascara to dry up faster) - always slide the wand in and twirl it inside the tube then take it out! :) I'd say for the price (not incredibly expensive) it's great! Doesn't clump (this is a biggie for me), separates lashes nicely, makes them long and curly, just doesn't really make them look all that thicker.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2009 9:12:00 PM More reviews by stargazer_lily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

WOW! I think I've hit HG with this baby. I have naturally long and dark lashes. This mascara makes them slightly longer, more defined, blacker and thicker. It holds a curl really really well too. It's a great brush combined with a great formula and cute packaging too. The brush reminds me of Dior Iconic's in that it has rows of plastic teeth to grip every lash. But unlike Iconic, Coup de Theatre seems to provide more volume which is perfect - just what I need! This won't provide as much volume as Bourjois Volume Clubbing Mascara, but it is perfect for most day to day looks, and I find it easier to apply than Volume Clubbing. It is pretty pigmented - the black shade I got is just that - a true, intense black. I have had no problems with flaking or smudging whatsoever. My only issue is the price of this stuff in Australia but I got mine on eBay for almost half price.

If you loved Dior Iconic but need more volume, try this. If you loved Rimmel Glam Eyes but get angry at the multi-faceted comb-brush and flimsy wand, try this! I really can't see myself wanting any other mascara. Coup de Theatre is perfection! An easy 5 Lippies for this!