October 22, 2014 | 1200 users online

Polishes - OPI - Romeo & Joliet

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 7:32:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty deep bronzy, reddish coppery color. It is very nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2009 7:40:00 PM More reviews by meowfish97

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I never buy nail polish, as I like variety (I have acrylics). I did buy this color however on a suggestion from a friend. I had wanted a really dark color. I love this color, it is dark but has the blood red undertone to it. My friend said it best when she said this color is really romantic. I am a Valentines baby and this is the perfect color for that holiday.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2008 5:04:00 PM More reviews by layla05

I have acrylic nails and I went the other day for a fill - in, knowing that I wanted to choose a dark, rich fall color this time instead of my usual standard french or OPI Bubble Bath manicure. My eyes went immediately to this shade, and it was love at first swipe!!!

I must admit I was nervous at first about this color because in my opinion, darker colors typically look best on very short nails. Mine are medium length, but once applied it looked beautiful on my nails! I would describe this polish as a deep burgundy, but when I look closely I see a golden brown undertone with reddish flecks...NOT GLITTER...it's very subtle but I think the understated sparkle is what made me crazy over this particular shade. Needless to say, I purchased a bottle before leaving the nail salon. I could honestly see this looking gorgeous on all nail lengths and skin tones. I love OPI nail polish, and as far as the way this polish holds up I really can't attest to that since I have artificial nails and polish stays put for weeks. I do use a clear top coat every other day to keep my nails looking "just done"- believe me that's all this shade needs to stay beautiful! Will continue using this polish every time I want beautiful, dramatic nails. I've had soo many compliments. I definitely recommend!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2008 3:27:00 PM More reviews by lamanley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the name of this polish. This polish is one of my absolute favorites. It has a deep bronzy undertone. I love how this look on my caramel skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2008 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Caliburnfaire

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Back when I had acrylic nails I was so enamoured of this color...my manicurist gave me a bottle of it when she left that salon.
That was well over a decade ago and I still love this color.

It's funny but friends who wear it claim to see more of the brown in it and I see it as a deep, velvety burgundy color...with sparkly jewel dust all swirled through it. I had mentioned it was more burgundy on my tips and they all laughed -- until they saw it on my nails. Then...they agreed. Odd thing. *LOL*
I see this color and immediately think of a lavish gown made of the softest, dark red velvet...dusted with tiny bits of most precious metals which have swirled down from some cunning little machine made many centuries ago.

It is a stunning polish and especially good to wear during the holidays.
On me...the wear is good and the depth stays, along with the sparkle and glossiness, as long as I touch up with top-coat.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2008 7:11:00 PM More reviews by kschmiddy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I can't help it, I'm in love with this polish. I love brown nail polish in general and have quite a few and this one is unique because of the red tones. It's overall more brown than red but you can definitely see the red tones in the brown in most lighting. Very interesting cherry brown vampy color that looks like Cherry wood finish, that's the best way I can describe it. Misa Chocolate Icing is supposedly a dupe but I can't confirm. Unfortunately the pro-wide brush makes this hard to apply neatly on short nails but the color is so pretty I can overlook it. ;p

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2008 11:54:00 AM More reviews by Lepin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This deep complex red/brown is one of my all time favorite OPI shades. I use Creative Stickey base coat and Hoof and Nail top coat enabling my manicure to last for upwards of 10 days. This is universally sexy and urbane color that would look well on nearly any skintone. My other favorite deep nail color is Chanel Metal Garnet but this on is easier to get your hands on. My only gripe with OPI is that the very dark colors crack on my nails, the very light colors seem to chip. Either way OPI is the brand I go to first.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2008 4:16:00 PM More reviews by jano808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Another new fave for me from OPI! Other reviews call this a brown.. on me, it goes on as a coppery, brownish dark red. Very cute!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2008 4:08:00 PM More reviews by gymnastgirly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Gorgeous dark red-brown shimmer. It's more red than I'd expected, but works as a nice rich fall colour. The application was great - mine is a newer bottle with the pro-wide brush, and I have to say I really like that brush! I can't really comment on wear, as I change polish daily, but I had no chips/tip wear in the one day I had it on :)

I'd repurchase because I like it, but I'll never finish the one bottle I already have, so that's kind of a hard question to answer. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2007 1:19:00 AM More reviews by tw

Gorgeous color against my cool fair skin. I wore this a lot last fall, plan to do so this year, too. Very sexy on toes, too!