Witchcraft Nail Hardener

4.6

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is an excellent product. I have weak nails that is prone to breakage. I usually keep my nails short but when I need to grow them long for french tip manicures I always reach for this nail hardner. Works great for strengthening my nails and keeping them long. It can chip a bit but no biggie. I just reapply every 2-3 days.

on 1/28/2008 12:12:00 AM

I am in love with this treatment. My nails are naturally weak, ridged, and tend to curl once they grow even the smallest bit past my nailbed. I've been using this hardener this the beginning of January (was recommended to me by the lovely Nail Board ladies), and it honestly is a miracle product. Today provides a perfect example of how well it works: My nails have been naked since Friday. I filed the edges a bit to shorten my curling nails and then put on 2 coats of this Saturday night. Sunday morning, I put on 2 coats of OPI Up Front& Personal and Revlon Top Coat. My nails are straight as can be and insanely strong- and this is even after cooking dinner and washing a whole sink of dishes with no gloves! :-O Love love love. I highly recommend this to anyone who needs to strengthen their nails. Didn't do much for my ridges though, as far as I can tell, but that's ok with me... my ridges aren't too bad.

on 10/13/2007 8:26:00 PM

Bought this on ebay, could not find any other place. I am about 2/3 of the way through the bottle and it really has helped my thin nails. It keeps them from peeling and bending. If you try it be sure to use it in a well ventilated area. It is very strong.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I remember watching my Mom apply this stuff when I was only about three or four years old. Two decades later it's still around in the same packaging-- and it works!! I keep my nails long, and Witchcraft really does keep them from breaking. And it's so shiny when you wear it alone too! This is one of my permanent staples.

Oh, I will mention that it literally burns my eyes when I am applying it-- I have no idea why, nor do I care. What works, works!

on 10/5/2007 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff is super strong and makes my nails extremely shiny and hard. My nails are already naturally strong and tough, but after layering my nails with different colors and then applying witchcraft overtop of them a few times, it was literally difficult to cut my nails. Now I apply 1 coating on top of my nails for extra shine and protection. The best nail hardener in the market & the best nail polish for high shine that last for weeks :) Enjoy this product if you can get your hands on it. It's sold in Canadian drugstores.

on 6/22/2007 1:15:00 AM

Sorry to ruin the perfect ratings, but this product didn't work at all. It started chipping off within 24 hours. Consequently, the corners of my nails, where the hardener had already chipped off, still kept on breaking. It strengthens well enough if I reapply every day (which is why it got 2 lippies instead of 1) -- but I don't like to do that. It was also quite expensive for something that works so poorly. I much prefer OPI's Nail Envy Matte -- it's more expensive, but it actually manages to stay on my nails.

on 6/12/2007 3:42:00 PM

I don't know how this compares to other nail hardeners but it's make a my nails a lot better. Recently I've had a problem with splitting at the ends and decided they needed some attention.

This hardener dries pretty fast, looks shiny and seems to really promote growth. I also groom them with a glass nail file and they're pretty darned attractive.

on 3/4/2007 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a product that makes me proud to be Canadian as its a Canadian product! It works WONDERFULLY for hardening nails, and gives a nice natural sheen to natural nails. I just wish they would come out with a product for peeling nails as I dont find it helps with that. Will ALWAYS repurchase!

on 2/27/2007 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this for years, ever since Bonne Belle d/c'd Nail Magic. I get compliments on my nails all the time, they don't break and can grow as long as I want, even though I am washing my hands constantly during my 12 hour nursing shifts. With this and a nail white pencil, naturally pretty-looking nails are practically effortless. Definitely a HG.

on 2/8/2007 1:33:00 PM

Received a mini as a swap extra and I went over the moon! I have never used a nail hardener that did more than layer over a nail and shine. This one actually works. I feel my nails are way more shock resistant than before and I rarely feel them buckle. I am not sure how to incorporate this into my Nailtek II and Foundation regimen but I have been using it over my Nailtek II and before my Nailtek Foundation. I hope this will help my Essie and other glassy colors not to crack.

The box says: "Often imitated but never equalled." It also says:

- Enhances nail growth

- Protects and seals nail surface

- Prevents chipping, cracking, splitting and peeling

Regular use will help make nails longer and stronger. See directions enclosed. Shake bottle well before using. hardener may appear clear or cloudy. Effectiveness remains the same. Keep from heat. External use only.

The insert doesn't say much else useful but list out some other Witchcraft products and say that this is the first coat on the natural nail (which is now how I've been using it since I reserve Nailtek II for the nail.

This seems to be made in Canada by Daree. Their online address is:

www.witchcraftnailproducts.com if you wanted to take a look. I have never seen it in the US before.

Popular Treatments