October 21, 2014 | 1763 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Colorstay Nail color

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2009 12:57:00 AM More reviews by mattejunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great staying power!

I buy the clear coat, just to top off whatever brand I'm using, and it works like a charm. My nails last at LEAST 6 days, and I am very active with my hands. My toenails don't chip at all, they grow out and then I redo them...which takes an unbelievably long time!

My only gripe with this is how long it takes to dry. It will actually be dry to the touch, but not hardened, so you can push it around and screw up your nails, or nick them without even knowing, and they'll dry like that...and stay like that for a VERY long time. For that, I give it a 4.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2009 9:33:00 AM More reviews by Buerre

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sticky until it dries, which takes forever, and very difficult to remove. Any smudges will be set in stone, btw.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2009 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Amykakes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, this fingernail polish has some serious staying power! I painted my toenails and weeks later it was still on there just like the day I painted them. My fingernails don't last quite as long though because I constantly wash them and pick at my nails...I know bad habit. But it definitely last a lot longer than regular polishes! I love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2009 11:02:00 AM More reviews by jacks250

This may not be relevant to most of you, but I am a smoker, and after smoking, this nailpolish actually turns grey. really wierd, as I've never seen a nailpolish do this before. so smokers beware!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2009 11:09:00 PM More reviews by ac67

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the "#260- passion fruit" which is like a pinkish color and it applies pretty good... And I love the color

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2008 4:47:00 AM More reviews by aizen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love some of Revlon nail color ( depends on color) ,esp RED!! I just bought * #908 Red Hot * because this Red color looks like Truth Maiko Red .I only wear red nail polish on toe finger,

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2008 1:07:00 PM More reviews by MillicentWinds

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Imagine a nail polish that doesn't have enough staying power to refrain from chipping, but that manages to cling to one's fingers incessantly upon "removal"

I put removal in quotations because this polish Does Not Come Off. Really. You have to scrub and scrub. And then the polish sort of liquefies, but then it congeals and hardens again on your hands. And settles into the grooves of your hand skin and sets up camp there. And it sucks. A lot.

But it still peels and chips like any regular polish.

Worse nail polish I've ever tried. My dollar store brand works much better. Revlon Colorstay is a good line for some things, but nail polish isn't one of them.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2007 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Leeah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm surprised to see all the bad reviews.

I recently got ColorStay, the system one with "Always Sheer Camisole", a light- manicure like pink, and clear. Directions say don't use a base coat. I tried it and it came out horrible and disgusting but then again my nails are in pretty poor condition. Maybe that's why all the bad reviews? I used OPI ridge filler and tried again and the color has been staying on better than anything I've ever used. 4 Days and looks fresh! And let me tell you, they surely have been put to the test! I like it but wasn't crazy about the color selection at least from what I saw.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2007 7:52:00 PM More reviews by spindazzle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A waste of money. Simply a sticky mess. It was like putting on a glue that never dries! I thought that it must have been a manufacturing mishap and maybe I had just purchased from a bad batch that slipped through quality control. But after reading reviews I guess not. The worst.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2007 4:10:00 PM More reviews by organizer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is definitely sheer...so sheer its almost like a clear np...i used a base coat but didnt know ur not supposed to...that will explain why it was difficult to apply and took forever to dry...but once its dry its nice

edited: this definitely lasts and does not chip, i took it off on the 3rd day only to change colours...beware b/c it took me 15mins to remove...it really does have staying power