Maybelline Great Lash Mascara Blackest Black

2.9

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/5/2014 10:22:00 PM

I can't believe this is a cult fave... It was a big fail for me.

The brush is way to spaced out to separate my lashes. After applying the mascara on, it made it look like I had 5 spikes of eyelashes. It didn't lengthen or volumize. It just clumped my eyelashes into these spikes.

I tried applying it in so many different ways ... But it still failed Miserably. In Canada the regular price for this is $7.99 which is a rip off for such a bad mascara. I prefer the heart shaped brush from the same line (it's the one with the plastic bristles) better than this.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I love this mascara. I've been using it since about 2008 after my friend introduced it to me after I had a bad experience w/ a Shu Emora mascara (which cost me about $40)...I couldn't get over how something sooo cheap could be so amazing! Coat after coat of NO clumping. I bought the "Blackest Black" for first time just this past September & it truly is the blackest formula. No crunchy dry brittle lashes that flake all over the place & no feeling of weighed down eye lids. Lastly, a very important factor in my loving or even liking a mascara, easy removal. The last time I bought this was in Sept 2013 & it was on sale for $2.99 so I stocked up on the last 3 in the store & even gave one to a friend who fell in love with it as well. I only remove a lippie b/c it needs to be replaced every month or few wks, so it's good the cost's low.

on 12/31/2013 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Great mascara! Holds my curl, lengthens and blackens my lashes! Just kidding... This is a really bad mascara. I don't like the brush and the formula is just... shit. How can anybody think this does wonders? For me it well and truthfully lacks.

on 12/31/2013 11:24:00 AM

I have used this mascara for years now, and brought it again and again. No mascara is as black! The brush isnt the best (hence the 4, not 5), and so you can sometimes accidentally give yourself spidery lashes, but its easily fixed with a lash comb.

on 9/20/2013 4:48:00 PM

I've worn this mascara every day for years and I love love love it. No clumping, nice deep black, good wand, and so cheap that I can toss it at the first sign of drying and not think twice about it. I kind of hate the pink and green packaging, but other than that what's not to love? Occasionally I stray and try a different brand, but this is always the one I go back to.

The problem I see with most people is that they want some long, voluminous eyelashes. In that case, you should get Maybelline's Falsies or Colossal mascara. Like many people here know, there is a lot of hype about this mascara, and I I honestly see why. This mascara, for me, doesn't clump at all and since its a wet mascara you can build on it. Also love that it gives my lashes a natural look and the wand is amazing. Found my new favorite mascara(:

on 7/29/2013 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

don't like this mascara at all .. i put it on my bottom lashes and when when it gets hot the mascara gets like all smeared and ugly i like my lashes to look long and thick and this product doesn't do that at all and its not even really black I've had waaaay darker mascaras then this one

on 5/23/2013 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Don't know why this mascara is so popular.. It's a great product to use on your bottom lashes but not for your upper lashes. You can hardly see that I'm wearing a mascara.. It does separate my lashes but doesn't give volume at all

on 5/20/2013 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Not sure why this mascara is so popular, because I think it's pretty terrible. The wand sucks and it always looks really clumpy on me.

on 4/18/2013 6:17:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I would barely recommend this mascara to a middle schooler! Why in the world does this mascara have such a great reputation? At CVS this mascara has about 6 different versions in the Maybelline mascara section, which baffles me b/c Maybelline has incredible mascaras that are significantly better such as One-by-One, Falsies, and Define-a-Lash. I've used 3 different versions and didn't like any of them. It neither lengthened, separated, or volumized my lashes! Seriously, can I get at least one of these things?! Don't waste your $5!

Popular Mascaras