September 18, 2014 | 1900 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara Blackest Black

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Lanaconrad

Don't know why this mascara is so popular.. It's a great product to use on your bottom lashes but not for your upper lashes. You can hardly see that I'm wearing a mascara.. It does separate my lashes but doesn't give volume at all

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2013 10:08:00 AM More reviews by nlvpcohjmis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Not sure why this mascara is so popular, because I think it's pretty terrible. The wand sucks and it always looks really clumpy on me.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by lolicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would barely recommend this mascara to a middle schooler! Why in the world does this mascara have such a great reputation? At CVS this mascara has about 6 different versions in the Maybelline mascara section, which baffles me b/c Maybelline has incredible mascaras that are significantly better such as One-by-One, Falsies, and Define-a-Lash. I've used 3 different versions and didn't like any of them. It neither lengthened, separated, or volumized my lashes! Seriously, can I get at least one of these things?! Don't waste your $5!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by lolicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by lapislazuli17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't speak too highly of this mascara, but I have found it to be a nice part of my natural look. On my lashes it doesn't clump and it darkens them nicely in just one coating. But I don't notice any difference in volume or length. To me, it is a simple mascara and isn't too fussy. It has a decent brush, but I must say I have taken scoop brushes from older mascaras and washed them to replace the Great Lash wand. If this product had a scoop brush it would do a lot better at lengthening. The formula is so so. It isn't one of my absolute favorites, but it was cheap and served its purpose well.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by crystallw

While this mascara seems to work for some people, it doesn't work at all for me. This mascara has a wet formula that doesn't work at all with my short and thin Asian lashes. It doesn't hold a curl and it smudges really easily, especially if I tear up from a yawn. The only reason why I haven't thrown mine out yet is because it's okay as a base for a waterproof or tubing mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by gmd854

I like this mascara. I do not find it clumpy and the wand is perfect. The packaging could be better-looking, but the quality is fine.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overhyped and targeted I think for young teens and high schoolers. But for $1 more its much better to get L'Oreal or even a better Maybelline line choice.All it does is color lashes, which is fine, but then it dries out quick, melts in any warm weather, smudges with any amount of moisture, and ultimately It flakes, smudges, falls off for any length you build in a short period of time even under perfect conditions. Its heavily promoted so there is a misperception that its popular. But its just mediocre. Won't last in a full day at the office.

Update: Sep 2013
Still don't like it. I'm not against drugstore mascaras, but if you're going to do drugstore, may as well spend $1-$2 more and get L'Oreal Voluminous, Revlon, Maybelline Volume Express. Almay, E.L.F. anything but this that will do more than tint your lashes and smudge everywhere. #Aintnobodygottimeforthat

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by nanaknickers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my HG mascara. I used to think the best products were the most expensive but after spending $25 on a Dior mascara that I hated, I realized my error. You aren't supposed to keep mascara for more than a few months so buying cheap makes sense. I like this mascara's simplicity, price, and result. It's never clumpy, I can replace it often without breaking the bank, and I can usually buy it in a pack of two. Love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Megan725

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Maybelline "Great Lash" was a clumpy, drying mascara for me.