September 1, 2014 | 2127 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Shine Free Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

My compact cracked so had to get one fast
Price: $6.73 USD
Pkg: square compact, snap-lid w/mirror
Colour: (Golden) transparent medium beige
Texture: dry
Oil-Control: 3-4hrs
I work at a café and this alone (over primer) barely stays for 3h. No dewy look, just oily

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2012 1:18:00 PM More reviews by AuNatural716

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The only color that actually matched my skin ended up oxidizing too a horrible orange by the end of the day! Wanted to love this because of its cheap price (only $5 at Ulta!) and it's mica-free short ingredient list, but I'm sad to say that it may be a bit drying as well, and like I said becomes ORANGE! Plus all the starting colors are off anyways! Maybellin needs to improve on their color choices in most all their face makeup..

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2012 12:02:00 AM More reviews by ruby9408

Great product to control oil.

PRO-
Good quality & effect

CON-
Low staying power, you really have to keep applying it through out the day

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

I use this powder as a concealer under my eyes so that my mascara & eyeliner holds in place & doesn't smear onto the skin under my eyes. So it works amazingly for that purpose:) I use liquid foundation along with my primer from smashbox, so I don't really get oily (knock on wood). For that reason, there's no need for me to use powders on my face, so I do not know how well this controls oil....but i'm guessing it would fairly well. What I liked about this powder is that it doesn't have a noticeable smell, it's easy to apply, comes with a decent amount, & it's cheap. I think I paid $5 for it at walmart. This is a great powder if you're in need of something that gives a matte look, gives good color/coverage, & is cheap! Works very well. Another major plus is that it doesn't break me out. So, great for sensitive skin. I would reccommend:)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2011 11:37:00 AM More reviews by anitha26

Just bought this today after reading the reviews about how well it has controlled shine for other people. It did not work for me unfortunately, I live in Florida where it is very humid and my skin gets VERY oily. This powder does leave your skin very matte after applying it, however after 45 mins, my face was shiny... the search continues....

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2011 6:41:00 PM More reviews by MrCelestialSoul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i got this at target and i used it but it only lasted for 3 hrs b4 i got oily again and was visible 2. im going to try other drugstore too but so far i like the dream matte powder better... so BACK TO TARGET =D [price range: $5-$8]

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2011 4:08:00 PM More reviews by clinicalcolostomy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This my favorite powder, it doesn't feel heavy on my face, and it's cheap. My shade is Ivory, which is the lightest, and it matches me well, too. It's relatively cheap, as far as powders go, too. It has a scent to it, but personally, I really enjoy it. I like that it comes with a lot more powder than most compacts, and it doesn't wear off on me all day. Granted, I don't really get too shiny, so I can't really test it on how well it controls shine, but it still works wonders even without having oily skin. I'd imagine that it does well for oily skin, though, since it sticks for 8 hours or more on my skin without touch ups, so depending on the oil of one's skin, they might need a few touch ups, but I'm not positive on that part.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2011 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Sunnydelite62901

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

When I was in my first years of college I used to buy this but then I moved on to MAC blot powder, which I still have in addition to IMAN's sand powder (the lightest shade they have). This is a good powder, cheap and yellow enough for my shade (NC40ish, a little darker) I usually use Nars Beach Powder loose and Lancome Matte Ecuru II. Both which I love as well this is a cheap staple product to have in my makeup wardrobe.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by djelayna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this powder for 3 years and I don't think I'll be switching to a different powder anytime soon! This product controls my oil for hours and has yet to break me out. I use it for school and normally find myself reapplying 2 times. I love this product and would recommend everyone to try it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2011 3:14:00 PM More reviews by cuonbroadway

I bought this a few weeks ago becaue it was on sale and I needed a pressed powder STAT. While this isn't the worst powder I've tried, it's certainly not as good as the CoverGirl pressed powder I used to use.

I have a really difficult time picking up this powder on any kind of brush. It just wants to stay right there in the pan. It comes up decently on the puff, but otherwise it's really difficult to use. It's actually pretty sheer, which was a little surprising. The case broke the first day I used it, with the plastic cracking at the hinges. That was really annoying.

The only thing that I think really works about this product is that it really controlled my shine like no other powder has. I'll still go back to my old powder, though.