November 23, 2014 | 2021 users online

Loose Powders - Ben Nye - Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by becs2006

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this product! The powder is very finely milled, but it still packs a punch as far as pigment goes. My skin is fair, so I can't use this over my whole face for setting foundation as it would make me look yellow. I use this powder to set my under-eye concealer as I have blue tones around my eyes and I find it helps to counteract this discolouration. It's staying power is good and I don't feel I need to reapply it throughout the day. The only downside of this product is the packaging - cheap and nasty, and difficult to use! I will buy another of these powders in a colour more suited to my skin tone to set my foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Nicole_33

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Looking for help with this product. I really want to try it but I'm not sure if banana will end up being to yellow/dark for me? In MAC I'm NW20 for foundation, in revlon I use ivory. Would cameo be a better option for an all over foundation setter?! TIA

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 5:41:00 PM More reviews by jmakena07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

So this is meant to be used as a highlighter/setting powder after concealer is used to highlight! With that being said for me it does work well! Downfall is its soo messy and stains , not easy to manage.I pour it on the cap use a brush collect some and apply esp. under eyes,forehead.The price is right but if one gets the Anastasia contouring kit- good luck on that it's sold out everywhere! It comes in a palette amongst other colors! More value if u ask me

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Zoe8x

I wasn't too impressed with this product. I tired to use it for highlighting and it just looked yellow. I need to watch some video tutorials and have another bash at it :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2014 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Vioni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really LOVE this product! It's even better than my mufe super matte loose powder. it sets my foundation flawlessly and it feels like i don't wear so many layers of foundation (usually i wear 2 layers) it feels really light in my skin. I bought the 3oz one bcs i heard so many good reviews about this powder, and trust me you don't waste your money on this product, this works magically on you skin lol

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2014 10:48:00 AM More reviews by glamzdoll

Short & to the point:

I guess I was expecting more from a product that has ravishing reviews...
I thought it is just "okay." A little chalky, matte, looks decent. Can't see what the big fuzz is about though. I don't quite see myself re purchasing... :(

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Annyutka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This didn't work at all for me, but i am giving it a 3 because I can see it being better for someone with medium-dark to darker skin-tones with normal to very oily skin. FWIW, Iím quite fair (though not a true PPP) with what they call Ďpeaches and creamí complexion (a nice way to say ones skin is pale/light with a tendency to get rosy, or, lets get real, downright ruddy if not careful!). I also have dry skin - especially in colder months.

I bought it in my never-ending quest to find an exact dupe (or better) to the old formula of Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust in Sunlight (circa 2007-08) which was TERRIFIC and HG for me. Sadly, the old formulation is no more and the new one just isnít the same. So I thought Iíd give this a shot whilst seeing it whilst Halloween shopping at an outrageously well-stocked brick and mortar costume shop in my area.

However, this just wasn't what I was hoping nor looking for. At all. As I said above, Ben Nyeís Bella Luxury Powder in ĒBanana" is definitely a YMMV product. I ended up looking like a freak with it on and, yes, the packaging is really quite pitiful. Itís too powdery of a consistency in my opinion - much like talcum powder/baby powder except in a banana- yellow. This definitely is a signature Ben Nye product: a total costume and stage-makeup heavy product that looks relatively garish anywhere else unless standing under theatrical lighting like on stage, etc.

Also, based upon my one purchase of Banana, it would seem that the expiry date is visually more important than most other face powders. Unless my item was a dud (doubt it) or Iím hallucinating (even more doubtful), the unused makeup in the jar seems to oxidize quicker than other powders Iíve tried, as mine grown increasingly more orange-y. Iíd suggest if you decide to buy it to try to find out how old it is, etc.

Iíve thus changed this from a 3-star to a 2-star due it being an overall unfortunate, overhyped, non-stabilized product which makes my 1993 Wet ní Wild teenage crap-wear look like luxury items.

My search for an HG soft lemon-yellowish, non-glittery, finishing powder to replace the now DCíd old version of Everyday Minerals ĒSUNLIGHT FINISHING POWDERĒ circa 2007 continues. Iíll leave this for the professionals, professional actors, at least.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2014 4:58:00 AM More reviews by makeuptraveller

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well...well... The much talked about Ben bye banana powder indeed lives up to its standards as raved about by many makeup artist's. I got my hands on them in Screen Face near Covent Garden.

This product suits all skin tones for sure. Its very powdery i will admit that I was slightly disappointed I thought it would look some sort cakey but once I put it on and set it, it was marvellous !

I use the ben nye powder on my highlighted areas after using a concealer or Mac's prep and prime for highlighting and it sets perfectly. My skin is olive toned and I thought i looked pretty yellow at first but I decided to reduce my foundation and it was much better.

Best part of this product is that on cameras with flash my make up looks flawless unlike before where I use to look as if I was painted. The only downfall of this product is its packaging :-/ Its inconvenient as I feel much of the product goes to waste. Would love it if the packaging was more convenient to carry around while travelling too, however apart from that its wonderful. Highly recommended and I've already got one on standby just incase I run out anytime :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2014 10:31:00 AM More reviews by randashk

I'm going to be honest, I was really excited to get this product, as it had been raved about everywhere! I purchased the big bottle for about 12 bucks. Fairly cheap and had lots of product in it. Once I got it,I found the best way to apply it is with a fluffy brush for underneath your eyes. I put it on top of many different types of concealer colors and consistencies, and no matter what I did, it gave a greenish tint to it by the end of the day. I'm a teacher, and even my students would ask me why it was green under my eyes. WHAT an embarassment. Whenever I wouldn't wear the powder, I would not get that result. Thank goodness that my students are an honest bunch because I definitely am not using it again!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2014 11:52:00 AM More reviews by Nikkilici0us

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I just have to add my approval to this product!! There is nothing to be said about it that hasn't already been said. Very finely milled... cheap.... little goes a long way.... lovely finish... and beyond the banana there are so many different tints and finishes to choose from. I use banana and buff for under eye concealer setting, pretty in pink if I need to add some pink back into any area... the translucent for all over my face, and the Mojave series for adding warmth and bronzing. I love cocoa as well!