October 24, 2014 | 1726 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF45

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2012 4:36:00 AM More reviews by Gossers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good grief, is this still a thing? I must have gone through dozens of tubes of this sunscreen in college thanks to their ubiquitous, over-hyped marketing.

C'mon people, there are TONS of better sunscreens out there. I'm not sure why it claims that it's dry-touch. Dry maybe in the sense that there is an absence of wetness on your face? But sheer and powdery dry it is not. It is oily. It is smelly. It is thick like glue. And if you rub too hard, little gluey lint-like flakes will develop. I'm also not convinced that this sunscreen is as long lasting as it claims to be. It's chemical, not physical based. I guess everyone will have to make that call for herself.

If you're looking for a light and non greasy, long lasting sunscreen in a similar price range, try Cerave's sunscreen, or those little tubs of old school zinc. I use the latter these days and it goes on much clearer and less greasy than this hot mess.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2012 4:22:00 AM More reviews by OnaClearDay21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Facial lotions with SPF typically break my face out. I am quite hesitant before buying and usually test a small portion of the lotion on one section of my face (forehead) to see if my skin gets aggravated at all. With that being said, I actually enjoyed this product very much. It gave my face a 'sheer' glow (as it promises) and a matte finish. The only negative thing I can say about this product is it was quite hard to apply makeup after putting on the sunscreen. Would recommend waiting at least half hour before applying any makeup/primer.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 1:41:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not a big fan of using this product on my face as I find it too thick, emollient, and it interferes with my makeup application and durability. I used the product up as a body sunscreen as I hate to waste. No plans to repurchase as I have a small stock pile of other body sunscreens.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 6:00:00 AM More reviews by AliceS23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE this product! I have never had a sunblock which isn't greasy and doesn't cause my face to break out. My face feels so smooth and soft and I haven't burned at all in the sun. I am going to start wearing it everyday underneath my foundation and I believe it helps my skin looks more matte and may help with my redness

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2012 11:34:00 AM More reviews by SweetMoonbeams

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this particular brand of sunscreen for years now. I have somewhat sensitive skin and this doesn't irritate me at all, not even on my face. I have very fair skin so sun protection is a must. I'm in my mid-30s now and wanted to amp up the level of sunscreen in my regimen. I use just a touch of EVOO as my morning moisturizer (I use the OCM at night to cleanse) and after that soaks in, I apply this sunblock. It doesn't leave me feeling greasy and dries down to a matte-ish finish on my skin. It makes a GREAT primer for my tinted moisturizer/foundation. I don't get shiny throughout the day like I used to, but that could also be attributed to starting the OCM. Overall, I love this product and will continue to use it throughout the year, not just during the warm Spring/Summer months.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by Yishabeila

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This sunscreen is hardly "sheer" to the touch. It's thick and greasy-looking just like any other sunscreens. So that's why I mostly use it on the body, unless I can't stand the dryness due to the high alcohol content of my Japanese facial sunscreen. Now, Japanese sunscreens really have a dry touch.

Despite the 3 lippies (= average rating), I'd still buy it again, and have done so in the past, because I trust the brand, have never been sunburned while wearing this, and it smells rather nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by lagenia

I used this sunblock twice and really wanted this to work. I have sensitive, even acne prone skin and it is difficult for me to find a sunscreen to use with my skin regimen. Lighter than regular sunblocks, but it drags a bit on the face. Not the nice dry feel of Peter Thomas Roth - Uber Dry Sunscreen, but definitely nice. It does not have an annoying chemical perfumery smell, so I was pretty optimistic. In the end after few days I developed breakouts and had I to stop using this. At first I began to notice an oily residue, but since it washed off and did not seem to bad I ignored it, however I feel that this faint residue, the part of the product that did not absorb, it what is causing the sensitivity issue. All in all it is one of the better sunscreens I have used and to be fair I simply have a lot of trouble with sunscreens. That's why I keep trying so many.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2012 8:50:00 PM More reviews by whawhawhacawhaaawhaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

DO NOT BUY IF YOU HAVE SENSITIVE SKIN!!! This made my face burn mad red. It doesn't leave a white cast, but that's due to the horrible chemical ingredient sunscreens, 10% homoslate is pretty high and this is one o f the more worse chemical sunscreens. The irritation may NOT even be the formula, BUT THAT HOMOSLATE CAN BE CONTAMINATED WITH SALYCLIC ACID. (But I am not giving a low rating because of chemical sunscreens this isn't the naturalbeautyalley). The formula applied way too thick and it was impossible to rub on my face. I don't find it controlled a lot of oil however I think it was nice as a face primer as my face felt more smooth after application. Overall I would not repurchase because of the formula thickness and it's obv. not suitable for my skin type. I'd rather invest in a sunscreen that doesn't contain a crap amount of chemicals and irritates even sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Jmberry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great sunscreen option for oily skin and one of the few non-greasy options you can pick up at the drugstore. My skin is very oily and acne/clog prone and I bought this product specifically for facial use. Neutrogena's Helioplex formulations are stable and some of the more protective options available in the U.S. This looks a bit white and scary while applying but absorbs quickly and dries down clear and quite matte. It works well under makeup and doesn't clog or break me out. I haven't burned with it either so I feel protected while wearing it. The only thing I don't like about it is that it stings my eyes quite badly, which I suspect is due to the Avobenzene. I don't like using a ton of products in the morning, which is when I would be applying sunscreen, so I don't want a separate product just for my eyes. For that reason I will be using up the rest of my tube on my body and continue looking for another facial option. I would repurchase this for body use since it is nice and matte and it's certainly worth checking out is you are not particularly sensitive. On a side note, I changed the ingredient listing which appears to be from several years ago and includes a less stable formulation. I assume Neutrogena has reformulated since then since the ingredient listing on my tube is completely different. I copied it straight from there :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2012 6:18:00 AM More reviews by mintyeon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I tried this on a whim, because I had oily skin, and I just ran out of my favorite sunscreen which was also discontinuing as well. I remembered that one of my friends used to use this so I decided why not, and I actually really do like this sunscreen. It does not make me super oily throughout the day just a little shiny (about 9-11 hours of wear). I like how it applies and goes on smooth. I never apply it near my eye area, since we're not suppose to. I love how long a tube lasts you and for the price I don't mind. Definitely will repurchase, but I think I want to try out other sunscreens too, if they don't work out I'd always be glad to go back to this one! :) What I don't like about it is how I have to use makeup remover to remove the sunscreen, but I guess I have to do that with all sunscreen. It does a decent job and I have not yet found something that worked better, but I still give this product a 4 because the oil-control is not SUPER SUPER good. :/