Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF45

3.6

Active Ingredients: Avobenzene 3%, Homosalate 10%, Octisalate 5%, Octocrylene 2.8%, Oxybenzone 6% Inactive Ingredients: water, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Silica, Diethylhexyl 2,6-Napthalate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Methicone, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexyl Stearate, BHT, Glyceryl Stearate, Peg-100 Stearate, Trideceth-6, Behenyl Alcohol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Sodium Polyacrylate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Fragrance (1220-046)

on 12/21/2012 11:17:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Not sure if its just me, but everytime i apply sunscreen, my face gets a burning sensation. i like this product because its not oily. but i prefer to use it on my body rather than my face because im afraid it might of caused some of my break outs.

on 9/24/2012 11:19:00 PM

If you have sensitive skin, don't buy this product. It leaves a burnig sensaton, and it is quite dry. i won't buy this again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I've used this sunscreen on and off for quite a few years, on recommendation from my aunt / grandma. I have oily skin (especially in the summertime) so up until this year I never wanted to put sunscreen on my face. They both recommended this because it wasn't greasy, although it can be if you apply too much. In the colder months I would wear this with a moisturizer under my makeup, but for summer I just used it alone under makeup - I found it "moisturizing" enough by itself. I also wore this by itself completely if I wasn't wearing makeup. It didn't break me out or irritate my skin at all - the only thing I didn't like was that if you rubbed your face it would sometimes start to "peel" off (not sure how else to explain it). I actually enjoyed this as a base under makeup when it wasn't peeling off. I like this, however when I run out I plan to look for a more natural sunscreen.

on 8/27/2012 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I've gone through a couple of bottles of this stuff at various SPF levels. SPF 45 offers great protection without being overly heavy. I would repurchase if it wasn't a chemical sunscreen. Currently, I'm trying Eucerin's SPF 30 for Sensitive Skin, a physical sunscreen which I'm pretty happy with.

Pros: Moisturizing and dries fairly quickly. Goes well under makeup. Sheer. Effective. I love the squeeze bottle packaging and the price is right.

Cons: Two things prompted me to get a physical sunblock. One was all the stuff about chemical sunscreens being bad for you and not lasting as long besides. The other was that this would sting badly when I reapplied after working out and showering.

on 8/25/2012 4:36:00 AM

Good grief, is this still a thing? I must have gone through dozens of tubes of this sunscreen in college thanks to their ubiquitous, over-hyped marketing.

C'mon people, there are TONS of better sunscreens out there. I'm not sure why it claims that it's dry-touch. Dry maybe in the sense that there is an absence of wetness on your face? But sheer and powdery dry it is not. It is oily. It is smelly. It is thick like glue. And if you rub too hard, little gluey lint-like flakes will develop. I'm also not convinced that this sunscreen is as long lasting as it claims to be. It's chemical, not physical based. I guess everyone will have to make that call for herself.

If you're looking for a light and non greasy, long lasting sunscreen in a similar price range, try Cerave's sunscreen, or those little tubs of old school zinc. I use the latter these days and it goes on much clearer and less greasy than this hot mess.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Facial lotions with SPF typically break my face out. I am quite hesitant before buying and usually test a small portion of the lotion on one section of my face (forehead) to see if my skin gets aggravated at all. With that being said, I actually enjoyed this product very much. It gave my face a 'sheer' glow (as it promises) and a matte finish. The only negative thing I can say about this product is it was quite hard to apply makeup after putting on the sunscreen. Would recommend waiting at least half hour before applying any makeup/primer.

on 8/24/2012 1:41:00 AM

Not a big fan of using this product on my face as I find it too thick, emollient, and it interferes with my makeup application and durability. I used the product up as a body sunscreen as I hate to waste. No plans to repurchase as I have a small stock pile of other body sunscreens.

on 7/31/2012 6:00:00 AM

I LOVE this product! I have never had a sunblock which isn't greasy and doesn't cause my face to break out. My face feels so smooth and soft and I haven't burned at all in the sun. I am going to start wearing it everyday underneath my foundation and I believe it helps my skin looks more matte and may help with my redness

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I've been using this particular brand of sunscreen for years now. I have somewhat sensitive skin and this doesn't irritate me at all, not even on my face. I have very fair skin so sun protection is a must. I'm in my mid-30s now and wanted to amp up the level of sunscreen in my regimen. I use just a touch of EVOO as my morning moisturizer (I use the OCM at night to cleanse) and after that soaks in, I apply this sunblock. It doesn't leave me feeling greasy and dries down to a matte-ish finish on my skin. It makes a GREAT primer for my tinted moisturizer/foundation. I don't get shiny throughout the day like I used to, but that could also be attributed to starting the OCM. Overall, I love this product and will continue to use it throughout the year, not just during the warm Spring/Summer months.

on 5/12/2012 12:58:00 PM

This sunscreen is hardly "sheer" to the touch. It's thick and greasy-looking just like any other sunscreens. So that's why I mostly use it on the body, unless I can't stand the dryness due to the high alcohol content of my Japanese facial sunscreen. Now, Japanese sunscreens really have a dry touch.

Despite the 3 lippies (= average rating), I'd still buy it again, and have done so in the past, because I trust the brand, have never been sunburned while wearing this, and it smells rather nice.