April 18, 2014 | 920 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Mango Body Butter

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2013 8:50:00 PM More reviews by fake0v0babi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It smells amazing, but compared to other body butters, its a little too oily. It moisturizes, but sort of just sits on my skin.

Pretty cheap since I only buy products when they're 50% off (my employee discount is also 50% off but if I wait for a sale, I can combine my 10% discount with the LYB card and $15 off $40 coupon on the bottom of the receipt)

The tub packaging is unhygienic but I just scoop the product out with a small spatula. The tub also ensures that I can use up every last bit of the yummy body butter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by 2010

Love the scent but these are quite pricey. It is a little oil - so if you don't have really dry, or dry skin, this is not for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by x0nida0x

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

this smells AMAZING. it is super super moisturizing, even too moisturizing. the package does say VERY DRY SKIN. i only use it at night. during the day i use strawberry. i absolutely love the smell however i do agree with my mom that it smells more like peach than mango! i love the creamy texture and how easily i can rub it into my hands and between my fingers, my skin feels so pampered every night. i agree it is greasy and transfers oily marks onto my phone and laptop keyboard, but it's a moisturizer and it's doing its job so i'm not gonna complain! it has great lasting power - when i wake up in the morning my hands are still moist and when i wash them i can feel them getting slippery which to me means that they were protected all throughout the night. i am on my 3rd jar of the 50ml and will continue buying! i also love the pot and i love digging out the amount that i want

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2013 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Lisserdisgreat

I don't live the scent, but at the same time, I don't hate it. The butter itself is very moisturizing. I use a generous amount on my legs, feet and underarms after a shower (before bed is best) as go to bed. I wake up with smooth and glowing skin :) it is a bit greasy so that's why I use it before bed (so it has time to sink in.) overall, it's a good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Pumpk1npie

I am an absolute mango fanatic! It's one of my all time favourite scents! The scent of this body butter drew me in immediately, love at first sniff! It left me smelling amazing the whole day with a deeply moisturised feeling! However, I found this quite sticky, which was a shame, as I prefer body butters which glide on to the skin, rather than needed to be dragged. Also, when I wore this with a white top, I had to change my top before going out, as it had left huge orange streaks! However, I will be buying this again, I would do anything just to smell that good!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2013 4:52:00 AM More reviews by TeeCeeGee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this body butter. It says on the packaging that it's for very dry skin, so I don't use it all over my body. I just use it where my skin is the driest, which in my case, is my feet. I apply it to my feet every day or so. I rub it in and it just soaks into my dry skin and makes my feet feel smooth and very moisturized. I can use a regular lotion for the rest of my body but my feet and sometimes my elbows just love this body butter.

The only thing is that it doesn't soak into the skin completely very quickly, so there will be a period of time after you apply that your feel will feel a little greasy or oily, so you wont want to walk around applying. Maybe put some socks on. lol. Or if you use it on elbows or knees, you should be fine. But overall, great product. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2013 5:04:00 AM More reviews by laumar27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't understand the hype over these body butters. I purchased a travel size of the mango body butter, as when I smelled it in the shop, it smelled like a nice, uplifting scent. The thing about these butters is that they are so greasy!!! It really does feel like slathering actual butter onto the skin, and it leaves a greasy residue that just doesn't go away. Yuck!! These butters are very rich and very greasy; this isn't something I'm looking for in a body cream, as I prefer a product to sink into skin after application and not sit on top of skin leaving a sticky, greasy residue all day. They do smell nice though!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by hodginsp

I got a buy 2 get 2 free deal for TBS, so I bought a 2 mini-sized body butters and got 2 lip butters free.
The scent is amazing, it isn't too sweet or strong; very subtle.
From reading lots of reviews, this stuff is supposed to be really good for dry skin. The weathers been turning my arms and legs into prunes so we'll see how good this body butter really is. I'll be editing this with updates throughout the week! So far, I really like this and I wouldn't mind repurchasing a full sized jar.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2013 12:47:00 AM More reviews by MoiJo

The smell and the texture is fantastic. I would buy it again, but I have this huge tub, that i need to finish, I guess this lasts long as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2013 2:38:00 AM More reviews by Saibachick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this body butter the best out of all The Body Shop body butters. It's just so nice for the winter as it's highly moisturizing and smells heavenly. The mango scent is just so nice in this product.

Pros-
1.) The smell. Just the smell. I'm a lover of mango smells though so if you are not you may not like it. But it smells exactly of the mango fruit, no artificial smell in my opinion.
2.) Extremely moisturizing. Definitely lasts 24 hours and even beyond for me.
3.) Non sticky. Just sinks in.
4.) The packaging is actually very sturdy and cute. You won't have to worry about dropping it and product going everywhere because it twists closed very well.
5.) Can actually last you a long time if you buy the jumbo which is only $5 more.

Cons-
1.) The price. I feel the price is unwarranted for this...it's not THAT good. But with The Body Shop's frequent sales you can get it for half price at times with their buy 3 get 3 sale and if you buy the jumbo you get a little more bang for your buck.
2.) If you are adverse to using parabens avoid this as it's in the ingredients list.
3.) Could be a little too moisturizing to non-dry skin types. I wouldn't recommend this at all for the summer. Too moisturizing.

Overall 3-1/2 out of 5.