July 28, 2014 | 1941 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Orb

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2011 8:15:00 PM More reviews by troubleinlipstick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really nice matte high liter color but I don't use highlighters so it was a waste really.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2011 12:37:00 AM More reviews by Musa15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeshadow. The MA at mac used this as an all over lid color and paired it with haux in the crease and typograpic in the outer v, it created a very sophisticated daytime look that could easily be played up for night time. I love that this color is matte so its not an obvious sparkly highlighter but its beautiful in its matte simplicity. Its a kind of flesh toned color with a subtle pink undertone. Another one of my favorite looks is orb all over haux 2/3 of the eye and embark on the outer v and lashline.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 12:45:00 PM More reviews by sugamonkey

A MAC artist recommended Orb as a highlight for bronze-smokey eyes. I already have Shroom, Ricepaper, Vanilla, Brule and Vapour, but all seem a bit too cool toned. So I gave Orb a try and I really like it. It's a bit warmer and blends really well into the other colors as a highlight. I also like that it's matte.
EDIT: loving this as a wash with black winged eyeliner and red lips OR just all over the eye area from lid to brow to even out the area when I don't wear any other eye makeup!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by Simms85

I have been a makeup addict since I was 16. I have been collecting MAC shadows for about that long as well.

Orb is the only color that I have ever hit pan on. That should tell you something.

I am somewhat pale, but do not have a color in MAC foundations because I find them to be too full of yellow pigment. This color provides a clean matte canvas for my eye makeup. It's not too light or too dark, and if MAC ever discontinued it, I would probably cry.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2011 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Ravey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Such an amazingly versatile shade! I bought this per recommendation and thought, "Why did I buy this?" because it is very similar to my skintone, although slightly pinker. The more I experimented with it, however, the more I fell in love! The slight pink tone brightens up my eyes when I apply it all over my lid and works great as a matte highlight on more natural days. It blends amazingly and it very pigmented. I use it for everything. It's a very useful shade to own.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by bigsvig

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

ORB is the perfect MEOB (my eyelid only better - much better) color. I love the matte consistency. It brightens up other colors put over it. I can use it under my eye (almost like a finishing powder). It is great to cover the weird greenish casts in my tear duct area. Only thing is - I use it up so quickly. I just have a hard time spending that much money on what is really just a utilitarian color. I guess I think $11 should buy me something more glamorous and singular - like CLUB!! If I could find a spot-on dupe for this perfect (for me) color - i would run right out and buy a lottery ticket because it is a lucky day lol!

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2011 8:23:00 PM More reviews by pkcatalina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

NW20 - this doesn't really show up on my skin tone, so I'm going to exchange it for something lighter to use on the brow bone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2011 7:32:00 AM More reviews by AllThatGlittters

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love Orb! This is one of my staple eyeshadows, and if MAC ever discontinued it I would be devestated! I use Orb over Bare Study paint pot as a base. I use it as an all over wash of colour to the lid, and it really helps to create a canvas to work on. The colour compliments my NC15 skin great, and it can also be used as a highlighter. The finish is quite matte, with minimal shimmer or glitter so it appears very natural. It makes eyes appear more awake and works with many looks. The colour is a peachy cream colour, which is beautiful. I love this eyeshadow!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2011 7:21:00 AM More reviews by sarahanne40

This is my most used colour in my collection - I can use this one the go to even out my skin tone on my eyelids (just one swipe with the 227), but mostly I tend to use this before (after a primer) I use other shades (as application and blending is so easy). It makes application of other colours better and less patchy. It's closely matched to my actual skin colour so thats probably why I love it so much - but I still think it would look good on a range of skin tones!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2011 1:47:00 PM More reviews by joycee_pooh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favorite highlight by MAC. I define my brows with Brun and highlight with Orb and it looks amazing and clean together. Perfect combo.