MAC Satin - Orb

4.4

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

FINALLY! A MAC eyeshadow I actually find worth repurchasing! I haven't found anything that's quite like this, or comes even close to duping it, because the finish and coverage is just perfection. I wouldn't call the finish matte; more of a satin finish with the slightest sheen (sheen should not be mistaken with shimmer, in this case). It's a light beige that's quite heavy on the peach tones, and I LOVE it for acting as a sort of 'halo' in my crease, when I'm doing an extreme smoky eye that contrasts with my milky white NW15 skin, and I just need something to warm it up and brighten it up a touch without being too dark. This is just that perfect blending and brightening shade for me. The shadow itself is a tad bit powdery, but the texture is creamy and smooth, blends easily, and the pigmentation is top-notch with ZERO chalkiness. I love using this with bronzes, coppers, plums/purples, and other warm neutrals. It doesn't really go very well (just for me though! Doesn't mean it won't work for you!) with pinks, greens, blues, or cool neutrals.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This color and texture is a staple eyeshadow if ever there was one. I'm medium toned skin coloring and this acts like an eyeshadow base from lashline right up to under the entire brow. It has an unusual amount of payoff, covering anythin and everything. I tend to have a bit of pinky mauve coloring to mu entire upper eye area. If I use nothing over it I will soimetime get asked "what eyeshadow are you wearing?" It is that discolored (though asked the color of eyeshadow when I'm not wearing any isn't as bad as having dark discoloration which surely needs correction), but it always interferes with the "true" color shadow I want to use and therefore I'd never get the proper color if I didn't use "Orb" as my base shade. I don't even have to use an eyeshadow base/primer or concealer as the "Orb" works fine alone. I like it best when applied over to set concealer on the whole upper eye. Everything added: crease color, liner cokor, lid color (which I usually skip as I love the color/lightness in "Orb" by itself. It goes with everything and brightens the whole area w/out looking flat. When I'm in a rush I'll just use "Orb over the entire eyelid and mascara and that's it. I will on occasion just use "Orb" from lid to brow bone, add a bit of liner to the upper lid and curl the lashes adding mascara to the upper lashes only. It's a very clean, minimal look. "Orb" rules. I can't imagine it looking bad on anyone except those with very dark skin. I wouldn't be w/out it. There's nothing out there like it. You may find a similar color, but MAC's texture of "Orb" is full coverage without looking heavy/chalky. It has the slightest bit of sheen to it like satin, but a bit less. No frosty particles here. Pops and opens the eye!!!

Incredible and extremly useful eyeshadow. Makes everything you apply on top of it blend sooo beauyfully! Also very nice as "just" a brightening eyeshadow.

The perfect matte highlight for my NW20 skin! Pigmented with amazing coverage, blends fantastically and it completes any eye look. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase Orb again.

This was my first MAC eyeshadow and I daresay that I absolutely love it...
It makes my brown eyes pop and I totally recommend it for everyday!! It matches with my skin tone and its satin finish make my eyes awake and fresh.. :)
Due to its adequate coverage, every blemish around my eyes is vanished..
Definitely would buy it again

Great everyday and versatile eyeshadow! It's a shade of ivory/soft beige with slight peach undertones that matches my skin tone. It's a satin finish as per MAC, but appears more matte in appearance. Looks boring in the pan, but I find lots of uses for it from using it under the brow, all over wash of colour to assist with blending shadows, and even a lid shadow. I actually prefer this colour to MAC's Vanilla as I find Orb to be more pigmented, opaque, and easier to blend.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Really nice matte high liter color but I don't use highlighters so it was a waste really.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this eyeshadow. The MA at mac used this as an all over lid color and paired it with haux in the crease and typograpic in the outer v, it created a very sophisticated daytime look that could easily be played up for night time. I love that this color is matte so its not an obvious sparkly highlighter but its beautiful in its matte simplicity. Its a kind of flesh toned color with a subtle pink undertone. Another one of my favorite looks is orb all over haux 2/3 of the eye and embark on the outer v and lashline.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

A MAC artist recommended Orb as a highlight for bronze-smokey eyes. I already have Shroom, Ricepaper, Vanilla, Brule and Vapour, but all seem a bit too cool toned. So I gave Orb a try and I really like it. It's a bit warmer and blends really well into the other colors as a highlight. I also like that it's matte.
EDIT: loving this as a wash with black winged eyeliner and red lips OR just all over the eye area from lid to brow to even out the area when I don't wear any other eye makeup!

I have been a makeup addict since I was 16. I have been collecting MAC shadows for about that long as well.

Orb is the only color that I have ever hit pan on. That should tell you something.

I am somewhat pale, but do not have a color in MAC foundations because I find them to be too full of yellow pigment. This color provides a clean matte canvas for my eye makeup. It's not too light or too dark, and if MAC ever discontinued it, I would probably cry.

Top Rated MAC Products