MAC Satin - Brun

4.5

on 1/9/2013 5:11:00 PM

I use this as an eyeliner and I absolutely love it.

Black isn't my daily choice for eyeliner because I'm pale and it's too dramatic for daytime, so I tend to lean towards different shades of brown (MAC Embark or Handwritten (slight plummy undertones), TM definer in dark brown), BB Espresso.

Brun is a bit lighter than the colors listed above. It's a perfect straight up dark brown color that really enhances the green in my blue-green eyes. . I don't detect any red or purple undertones in this.

on 12/30/2012 8:09:00 PM

This is an absolute staple for me on the crease, it matches with so many different lid colours, and just finishes off any look perfectly. Brun is so deeply pigmented- its what I thought Espresso was going to be. I use it pretty much every single day. It should be in everybody's palette!

on 12/28/2012 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Great to fill in brows with a slanted brush. As an olive-toned person with dark hair and very sparse brows, brun fills it in and the grey-brown hue looks more natural than anything else I've tried. Has great staying power whether I'm applying it alone or over foundation.

on 12/23/2012 5:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have very dark brown hair so my eyebrows are just equally dark. This eyeshadow is perfect to fill them in with. It is a satin but when applied it looks matte. I highly recommend for anyone who has almost black brows!

on 11/18/2012 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have light brown eyes and black hair. My eye brows are brown. My skin tone is NC35 but not quite as yellow. Brown eye shadows make my eyes extremely tired and sick looking. This is the ONLY brown shadow that looks great on me. I love this with black liner. I will never buy another brown shadow. I am hoping that MAC does not discontinue this. Great shade.

on 11/13/2012 6:53:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Perfect for your brows! I have about 4 pots of this one for my house, work , car and bag so that I have great brows wherever I am, could never be without this shade. Suits me perfectly. Would I buy this again? 1 million per cent yes!

on 11/12/2012 5:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE this shadow! Its perfect if you want to wear something subtle for the day time as sometimes black can be a bit much.
I use the product on my brows mostly. I find it looks more natural then a brow crayon.

on 11/8/2012 9:59:00 AM

This is my favorite dark brown... I find that because it is a cooler brown I can use it with more looks, especially if I want to substitute a brown for black -- to make it more day friendly. I am blonde so I can't really comment on its use for brows but I do know that it makes for an AWESOME crease and outer V color. Check out my blog for pics:

http://eyeshadowaa.blogspot.com/ continued >>

on 9/20/2012 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This is my favorite dark brown color and it is cool enough to use on my brows! I am an asian with very dark brown/black hair (not jet black) and this works very well for my brow color. For a more natural look I'll use Coquette but I find that the pigmentation is much much better on this shadow, not because this color is darker, but Coquette doesn't seem to swatch very well. This is harder for me to pull off without eyeliner just because my normal brow hairs are very light and sparse, but if I want to use this, I can put it on and just brush it out with a brow comb to soften it up, and that makes it wearable. Helps to make my brows very defined.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is one of my favorite eyeshadows, hands down. It's a matte cool-toned blackened brown. It's not a unique shade, but it IS very versatile. I use this everyday for my eyebrows as every single eyebrow product I try is either too light, too red, or, more often than not, both. I do have black eyebrows, but you should never use black products on black eyebrows! This eyeshadow is cool-toned, so that's what makes it match my eyebrows.
I also use Brun as an outer lid shade as well. I can apply it lightly for a more neutral look, pack it on for a dramatic look, or apply it with the MAC 219 brush for a sultry smoky eye (this is my go-to shade for the classic dark brown smokey eye). It's a little bit more difficult to apply it lightly, since it's such a pigmented eyeshadow, but it's definitely possible.
The texture is very smooth--not chalky at all!
Would I repurchase? Yes.