August 23, 2014 | 1856 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Brun

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

I have light brown eyes and black hair. My eye brows are brown. My skin tone is NC35 but not quite as yellow. Brown eye shadows make my eyes extremely tired and sick looking. This is the ONLY brown shadow that looks great on me. I love this with black liner. I will never buy another brown shadow. I am hoping that MAC does not discontinue this. Great shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by fikins123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Perfect for your brows! I have about 4 pots of this one for my house, work , car and bag so that I have great brows wherever I am, could never be without this shade. Suits me perfectly. Would I buy this again? 1 million per cent yes!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 5:58:00 AM More reviews by Kimmymmik

LOVE this shadow! Its perfect if you want to wear something subtle for the day time as sometimes black can be a bit much.
I use the product on my brows mostly. I find it looks more natural then a brow crayon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2012 9:59:00 AM More reviews by sarahmarie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my favorite dark brown... I find that because it is a cooler brown I can use it with more looks, especially if I want to substitute a brown for black -- to make it more day friendly. I am blonde so I can't really comment on its use for brows but I do know that it makes for an AWESOME crease and outer V color. Check out my blog for pics:

http://eyeshadowaa.blogspot.com/ continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2012 12:03:00 AM More reviews by channingto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

This is my favorite dark brown color and it is cool enough to use on my brows! I am an asian with very dark brown/black hair (not jet black) and this works very well for my brow color. For a more natural look I'll use Coquette but I find that the pigmentation is much much better on this shadow, not because this color is darker, but Coquette doesn't seem to swatch very well. This is harder for me to pull off without eyeliner just because my normal brow hairs are very light and sparse, but if I want to use this, I can put it on and just brush it out with a brow comb to soften it up, and that makes it wearable. Helps to make my brows very defined.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is one of my favorite eyeshadows, hands down. It's a matte cool-toned blackened brown. It's not a unique shade, but it IS very versatile. I use this everyday for my eyebrows as every single eyebrow product I try is either too light, too red, or, more often than not, both. I do have black eyebrows, but you should never use black products on black eyebrows! This eyeshadow is cool-toned, so that's what makes it match my eyebrows.
I also use Brun as an outer lid shade as well. I can apply it lightly for a more neutral look, pack it on for a dramatic look, or apply it with the MAC 219 brush for a sultry smoky eye (this is my go-to shade for the classic dark brown smokey eye). It's a little bit more difficult to apply it lightly, since it's such a pigmented eyeshadow, but it's definitely possible.
The texture is very smooth--not chalky at all!
Would I repurchase? Yes.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Emese1

I find it very hard to work with this e/s. I love the color. It's close to my hair/eye color and complements me very well, especially if i wear something brown also. If I want to wear it as a lid color I need to use a soft pearly slightly lighter brown/taupe underneath (like the taupe I have in the NYX smokey eye palette) otherwise I can't blend it. I've give up using it as a crease color and I'm very upset about it. It would be awesome with Omega for example,but they just don't blend well together. It ends up a muddy mess. My Ulta Gold dust works better for that, though it's not matte and not as dark. I would not buy it again but maybe look for a better quality Inglot one.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2012 12:56:00 PM More reviews by mynismo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I'm sure this colour would look great on if I could actually get it onto my brush. It seems like I have to work too hard to get any colour pay off with this and practically have to dig the colour out.

The only thing you could actually use this for is brows as the colour is fantastic for black eyebrows and the stiff eyebrow brush helps get some product out.

I really love the colour but MAC need to work on the formula for this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by alexandrascar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this color. It is so versatile. You can use it for a smokey eye when you really don't it to look harsh (as with black eyeshadow) or use a fluffy blending brush for just hint of color. I love the fact that it's a satin finish and not matte because it gives it great dimention. It's also a good value for what you pay because it isn't TOO expensive and they last you years.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 6:59:00 AM More reviews by Candi88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this as a brow color everyday !! I have black hair and this isn't too dark or too light ..perfect :)