December 22, 2014 | 908 users online

Liquid - MAC - Select SPF 15 Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2012 6:52:00 PM More reviews by StupidUserNames

The sales associate (I call MAC Artists sales associates because many are not real make up artists) Asked me if I needed help I said not really but if he wanted to he could help me find a foundation. He agreed and showed me MAC select SPF and told me I was an NC40 and swatched it on my face then he gasped and said that was way too dark I couldn't tell because the lighting was pretty bad so I let him do whatever he wanted to do then he showed me an NC30 and he said that was perfect I looked at the mirror and I said ok I guess and he showed me a couple of things and purchased a few things including the foundation and sent me on my way. I get home and I'm excited to go out and try the foundation out at home and my lighting in my bathroom is awesome I was like oh I'm gonna look so good and I started applying it and I noticed it was oxidizing in less than a minute and before I knew it I had orange streaks everywhere I wanted to literally cry because I looked like Snooki it was disgusting I also noticed that my dry patches were really noticeable even though I exfoliated and moisturized earlier. I wanted to return it but I decided not to because that sales associate was nice and I didn't wanna complain to anybody so I just kept it. And I'm not really an NC30 I'm between NC20-25 but I will never repurchase this ever again I knew I wasn't the only one who experienced this and I heard it was discontinued so nobody will have to go through what I went through.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2012 5:30:00 AM More reviews by danarana

I have NC43 skin tone and combination skin. I found this foundation to be a perfect match for skin. The foundation didn't oxidize like my MAC Studio Fix foundation. The consistency was great and easy to apply with a brush. I didn't experience any streaking like other reviewers. Many people commented that it looked as if I wasn't wearing any foundation! If you apply this foundation with a heavy hand it can look cakey, but a quick spray of Studio fix or water will make it look more natural.

In Australia this cost me $50, I would prefer to try other brands for this price.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by SophieeeMakeup

CONS: STREAKY!
Not lasting at all!
Bad coverage
No pump
Oily!

PROS: Every colour, availible!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2012 4:13:00 PM More reviews by BlushingBlueSerenity

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG foundation for years and unfortunately this is now discontinued per the MAC rep that I spoke with by phone. She recommended the Face and Body in it's place, so I may have to give that a try. :-(

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2012 6:03:00 AM More reviews by sosu89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I feel mixed about this foundation. The pros are it's good for my oily skin, it seems to stay on throughout the day with the help of powder, good coverage and it has SPF. The cons if you use a lot it looks cakey (I use very small amount), hard to blend, colours very orange and it sits in pores so you have to 'work' it back into the skin during the day. Overall I won't be purchasing again but I am finishing the bottle I have as it isn't terrible.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2012 9:38:00 AM More reviews by sarahmcqueen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is honestly the worst foundation I've ever owned. It streaks no matter what I use to put it on (fingers, palms, wet beauty blender, dry beauty blender, brushes), and emphasizes everything bad on my face. It's horrible. I wish I could rate this a zero.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2012 12:56:00 PM More reviews by Chelseadele

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Pros:
Perfect colour match for me (NW15). Stopped my skin from becoming oily around my nose. Medium build-able coverage.

Cons:
Too thin of a consistency for me - I would prefer it a little thicker/creamier. After a few hours it looked patchy with dry, orange coloured areas even if I'd only applied a little. After a grand total of 4 wears I had broken out in spots. The fact that you have to buy a foundation pump separately - for the price I feel this should have been included.

I was optimistic when I first bought this foundation but unfortunately it didn't meet my expectations which were not unreasonable, I simply expected it to deliver what MAC says it will. I realise that this foundation is water-based and I think my moisturiser is oil-based, when using this product I moisturised before bed but not in the morning prior to application so I'm not sure if using a water-based moisturiser instead would help to solve my problems with this product. I might give it one more chance before letting it go to waste but I don't think I'll be changing my mind and buying this again, sadly.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2012 6:22:00 AM More reviews by AnneleiseX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Im NW33 and it is the exact same shade as my skin!!!! It moisturizes my skin and lasts ages. i really love this product, but it isnt that big. (30ml) I've had mine since the end of march and its almost finished as i use it everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2012 4:47:00 PM More reviews by SparkleSmash

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

First, let me say that I've had a horrible time finding a foundation to fit my needs. I've combination skin, and every foundation I've tried has either been too dark/orange or too pink, and they've all either greased up or dried in over the course of the day.
This is my first MAC foundation, and I will be sticking with it for a while. My main intent with going for MAC, was that I would get help finding a perfect match, which I did; this one, in NC25.
Although I am prone to break-outs (and my skin hasn't been totally clear in years), I wanted a foundation that yielded light to medium coverage, seeing as I often look like I'm wearing a mask if the foundation is too heavy. This suits me perfectly, being the perfect color and perfect natural finish, and it covers just enough of my redness to make it look like my face - just better. I used to set it with MAC Select Sheer powder in NC25, but recently switched to e.l.f.'s HD powder. Together it controls my shine throughout the day, and the foundation and powder wears a good twelve hours before starting to let my natural reddish-under-eye-areas show, but that can be quickly corrected with a quick swipe of foundation and powder. However, if I'm going out for the evening I prefer to redo my make-up.
For me, this is an expensive foundation in comparisons to what I've used before, but then again, it's the best foundation I've tried so far. It sells without a pump, which annoys me a bit, seeing as I had to purchase one individually (not that it was horribly expensive, but still).
For a summary, it's good for my combination skin, giving me a natural look without looking masked, and wears through my entire school day without greasing up or drying down. I can see why some skin types will have a problem with it, but if you're like me, hard to find a foundation with light to medium coverage in the right color with the right staying power for an oily T-zone, I think it'll be worth giving it a go!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2012 12:07:00 PM More reviews by FuzzyLego

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have it in NC 35. This product makes me look green and I really do not know why. It also sits in my pores and makes them very noticeable despite my attempts at buffing it in.

Thanks to a terrible return policy I can't even return it so I'm stick with this trying to make it work somehow. It seems to do better when I mix it with other foundations but on its own it's just terrible.