The Body Shop Honey & Oat Scrub Mask

3.9

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ingredients: Water, Oat (Avena Sativa) Bran, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Kaolin, Honey, Glyceryl Stearate, Butylene Glycol, PEG-100 Stearate, Myristyl Myristate, Behenyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Sodium Lactate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Titanium Dioxide, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenoxyethanol, Hectorite, Sodium PCA, Fragrance, Saccharide Isomerate, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, Caramel.

on 3/11/2012 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

For me, the smell of this product alone was worth purchasing it. =D I don't use this as a mask because, personally, I can't really see how it would provide any extra benefits after being on my skin for 10-15 minutes as opposed to it being rinsed off after only 2. Probably because it doesn't harden or anything after sitting for a while like my Nu Skin Epoch Glacial Marine Mud Mask does. I also cleanse before this because I don't feel it would thoroughly remove all of my makeup, so I just use it as a scrub after I cleanse, and I love it. It's by far the gentlest scrub I have ever used; you can actually push it into your skin, and it still feels very soft and cushiony. My skin felt baby soft after rinsing it off, and it left my oily skin feeling very comfortable. It was really emollient and creamy going on, but at the same time, felt like it completely absorbed all the excess oil from my skin, so I'd be curious to know how it would work/feel if I had dry skin. All in all, though, I would guess this is a great, gentle scrub/mask hybrid suitable for all skin types, and I definitely plan on repurchasing when I run out.

on 3/10/2012 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Right after putting it on it starts burning like hell fire. Washed it off immediately and my face was completely red and irritated. Meh. Not buying again and regretting that I didn't do more research before buying.

I have really sensitive skin and this product doesn't irritate it at all. Very calming and leaves skin very soft and hydrated.

on 2/4/2012 6:50:00 PM

I would say " worth a try "; as this product is not drying nor super hyrdating, so its worth a try for all skin types. The smell is lovely; and you can see your skin softer and smoother instantly .

on 1/7/2012 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

as soon as i applied it burned and stung my face like CRAZY. idk what happened as i've never had problems with honey. the second time i tried it a week later and the same thing happened. after i washed it off my face was red everywhere and i looked like i had gotten into a fistfight. i bought it based on the great recommendations and because it was for my dry skin type. boy was i wrong.

be careful if you have sensitive skin! a better alternative for this for people with sensitive skin would be their warming mineral mask.

on 10/12/2011 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I love the smell of this mask. It gives a deep clean to my face without drying it out. After rinsing it off, my skin is very soft and looks brighter.

The package makes it a little bit difficult to apply without any contamination. But the mask itself is very effective and gentle.

on 8/17/2011 1:44:00 PM

i don't know what to say,i want to ask i have dry skin,i am using this pack from one month,i got many spots on my face but i don't know that it occurred from this pack?? i am really confused,should i use it again or not??? please suggest me

on 4/12/2011 8:30:00 AM

This is a great product that I have bene using for years. It is a bit hard to rinse off (better do it under the shower) but it leaves my skin very soft and supple and I find it's worth the trouble. I have tried more expensive masks but keep returning to this one.

on 4/2/2011 9:31:00 PM

I like this mask. it helps moisturizing my face but it's not a magic product. i've tried more expensive and better mask. The body shop often has sale for buy 3 get 2 for free or buy 2 get 1 free, so it's quite inexpensive. it's definitely worth the price.

on 3/30/2011 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I have really sensitive skin, so an assistant in the shop gave me a sample of this. As much as I love TBS' stuff, I'll have to say this did not work for me. The moment I put the mask on my skin turned red and started to sting. I quickly removed it and it took another hour or so for my skin to return to normal.

Sensitive skin gals, beware-- I would def. recommend getting a sample before buying!

Popular Masks