April 23, 2014 | 1999 users online

Masks - The Body Shop - Honey & Oat Scrub Mask

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 8:30:00 AM More reviews by Icaria

This is a great product that I have bene using for years. It is a bit hard to rinse off (better do it under the shower) but it leaves my skin very soft and supple and I find it's worth the trouble. I have tried more expensive masks but keep returning to this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2011 9:31:00 PM More reviews by qznds805

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this mask. it helps moisturizing my face but it's not a magic product. i've tried more expensive and better mask. The body shop often has sale for buy 3 get 2 for free or buy 2 get 1 free, so it's quite inexpensive. it's definitely worth the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2011 5:01:00 AM More reviews by adjective

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I have really sensitive skin, so an assistant in the shop gave me a sample of this. As much as I love TBS' stuff, I'll have to say this did not work for me. The moment I put the mask on my skin turned red and started to sting. I quickly removed it and it took another hour or so for my skin to return to normal.

Sensitive skin gals, beware-- I would def. recommend getting a sample before buying!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by w04hh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is one of the the best exfoliating/deep cleansing mask I've ever tried! I have been looking for a gentle, but yet effective mask for a looooooooong time! I've tried dozens or even hundreds of mask, ranging from low end to high end brands and for now, I've settled for this one. The idea of the mask is genius, it saves time and effort. Some people dislike the smell, but I actually love the smell. I love the whole experience of putting this on my face. It does sting slightly when you first slap it on your face, but it subsides within 3 minutes or so.

**For those people who said that the exfoliating power of this mask is weak, try this experiment out: don't put on chapstick on your lips for a day or two. Then use this mask to exfoliate your lips. You will realize that this mask DOES exfoliate well. It's just that most people are so used to that "squeaky clean" and raw feeling after a facial scrub that they don't realize exfoliation CAN be effective even if it is gentle.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2011 12:34:00 AM More reviews by jeubleu

While it doesn't improve my skin dramatically, it certainly does a good job on keeping my skin in order.
Pros:
-- I like the smell.
-- My skin feels plump and clean after I use this.
-- The price is ok.
Cons:
-- It's a bit hard to clean.
-- Not a miracle worker, but then again, there are no miracle worker skin care.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2011 9:41:00 PM More reviews by liea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

One of my favorite masks of all time. I m on my probably 5th tub. Will continue to buy this till body shop discontinues it. The oat particles are very soft so cant actually get the scrubing effect from the mask. After taking a hot shower I scrub my face with a good exfoliator rinse pat dry and smear the mask on my face. Leave for 10 to 15 mins. Before rinsing I wet my hands and work around in circular motions just because I like the effect of it.. The mask leaves my skin polished radiant and plump. Love it love it..

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2011 1:07:00 AM More reviews by geener

i wanted to like this item, but honestly, it seems just OK. the oat bits are pretty soft, not too abrasive but doesn't really do its job of exfoliation either. Therefore, it's kind of just there. I know many people like the smell but to me, its a bit musty. In terms of moisture... i have a personal dilemma with moisture masks in general. That is... i usually feel like i haven't washed off the mask "enough" if my face still feels slippery. (due to my long time worry of breakouts) yet... in terms of a moisture mask.. i never know when "enough" is enough. And so for this product, I still tend to wash "too much off" so my face is still dry afterwards. Then I have to apply moisturizer.. etc etc etc. But it doesn't break me out however, so that is good :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2011 3:09:00 AM More reviews by carolthomas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am a big fan of Body Shop, but this scrub (?) mask did not impress me at all.

First off, this is not suitable for normal skin or skin that is prone even in the slightest to zits or blemishes.. Though the pack says normal and dry skin, this moisturizing mask should be used only on dry skin. A person having normal skin (like me) should stay away else it will make your skin give in to zits, white heads etc.

Second, this is most certainly not a scrub. So if that is what you are looking for, then this is not it. BS, you got it wrong with this mask :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2010 11:35:00 PM More reviews by kirstabelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I didn't like this as much as the other reviewers, I barely ever use it because I don't like how it stings, it irritates my eyes and I really don't find it that moisturizing. I agree with the other reviewers that its not really exfoliating. I have really dry skin and I like Burt's Bees Citrus Facial Scrub soooooo much better than this. Its natural oil base is much richer and leaves my skin super moisturized, and that really does exfoliate, and it has better ingredients than The Body Shop one. And it smells like gingerbread instead of cold oatmeal... unimpressed Body Shop, unimpressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2010 7:29:00 AM More reviews by syasya83

Its a moisturizing mask for me. I have normal/ dry skin coz of the winter. I try every mask that says moisturizing and calming. This mask left my face soft and moisturize without dry patches on my cheeks. The redness on my cheeks has gone away coz of argan oil but need really heavy moisturizer to recover from dryness. i felt a slight tingling sensation while having this on during the 10 minutes. As i cleans the mask of, my skin is supple and glowing... Try this mask before they discontinue...