April 24, 2014 | 1366 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Wedge

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 9:36:00 PM More reviews by sarahmarie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love Wedge! Clearly what Wedge does best is transition, but honestly I am too fair right now for that, so I use it for a very subtle crease color. When I get a little tan (around NC30) I LOVE to use it as a transition, but if you are lighter than NC25 this will probaby be a bit too dark for you -- I know from experience. I would typically recommend Kid, but MAC discontinued it. I digress, the texture of wedge is great and I don't think it is too warm (orangey) for most looks. It blends well and I would definitely recommend it. If you are looking for a transition shade, I have a "Guide to MAC Transition Colors" on my blog with pics and swatches of all that MAC has to offer, so feel free to check it out:

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Sarah1325

I'm on the fence on this one. It pulls warm on me but it is a good transition colour even though I don't feel like I need it. I bought this years ago and its the only MAC matte brown I have so meh. I picked up oreals cuppa joe and the play up wedge when I use it as a lid colour so I guess I can't complain.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2013 1:12:00 PM More reviews by kathrynannferrel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh Wedge, you're the only MAC eyeshadow I regret buying.
I'm never sure if it's fair to review a product that looks awful on me but would look good on someone else. Irregardless, I'm putting in my two cents.
Wedge is a matte medium tan. Yes, it looks boring in the pan, but is just one of those colors that's essential to every make up collection. Except for mine.
This is just too orange on me. Not to mention muddy. And chalky. I shudder just thinking of the look of this on my eyes. Not cute.
Sorry buddy, looks like you're going back to the store. Maybe you'll work out for someone else...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2013 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

Wedge looks so boring and plain, but it’s a very indispensable shade to me because I use it to diffuse and blend out harsh lines on my lids up to the brow bone. These types of colours for this purpose are called ‘transitional shades’, and every girl should have at least one in her collection. It’s a matte neutral undertoned brown, very similar to Urban Decay’s ‘Naked’ and I use every single day with whatever eye shadows I’m wearing because it completely eradicates harsh lines and creates a seamless look.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 7:48:00 AM More reviews by FallinginLove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Wedge. Matte mid-tone brown. On the warm side.
I really like this one. Perfect for crease and beyond areas. Great for "warming up" cool looks. A very nice natural looking eyeshadow on it's own. I love to grey it up with a bit of copperplate plus ricepaper on the lid. Classy clean look.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by xtinahb

A great, subtle color on my light tan Asian NC30 lids. As a monolid / creaseless eyed lady, this shade is that perfect natural slightly warm taupe for slight contour on the outer edges of my eyes to add depth. I already had Cork so was doubtful when the MUA suggested this shade too, but it is cooler and less brown and actually quite different. It is great to add a little drama to neutral eye looks! I will use this a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2012 12:56:00 PM More reviews by magnifiquee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was looking for soft brown by MAC but my MAC counter was sold out of it so I asked the MUA there what would be a good alternative until I can come back and buy it and she suggested this. Now it's not as dark as I wanted but this is a really great shadow for neutral looks and to blur out harsh edges. It's also a great day time contour shadow it's very subtle and blends beautifully. This is a great light brown colour that would go great with lighter to medium skin tones. I will definitely buy this again if I ever run out, which I don't think I will because you don't even need to use that much to get it to show up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2012 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

NW10-15 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

This is a beautiful color that compliments my blue eyes without being too taupe. Great for blending and complimenting other warm shadows. I enjoy it for neutral looks alot, and it can double as a contouring powder in a pinch. It definitely has a warmth to it that Groundwork paint pot does not have, it swings more pink than that shade. But both are great subtle crease and transition colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2012 6:05:00 PM More reviews by camilka

Perfect contouring shade for NC20 skin. Looks very natural and it's hard to overdo.
I don't use it as an eyeshadow, only sometimes lightly in the crease.
Wish it came blush sized.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2012 11:33:00 AM More reviews by kelsielilly

My favourite of the MAC shadows I own! This is everything I want in a shadow- warm, natural, soft, easy to blend...its perfect! I use this with ORB. I use it on my crease and it becomes a wonderful, warm look! Especially with a shadow like Orb, which is peachy but not exactly warm. It is a perfect colour for fall!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No