October 24, 2014 | 1414 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Orange Essence Facial Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 4:32:00 PM More reviews by ninjalips

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It sounded like a great idea at first. Natural, lovely orange smell, all natural, no parabens, petrochemicals, no added fragrance etc. until I tried it. Bad reaction, red skin, itching, rash that went on for several days. Way too harsh for super sensitive skin like mine. Too irritating maybe due to orange oil. Once more, I reminded myself that because something is all natural, doesn't make it automatically good! Live and learn. Additionally, it left an unpleasant film on my skin after washing it off and felt really greasy. Sensitive skin types , please be cautious.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by BrittaBot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff really exceeded my expectations.

The texture is thinner than petroleum jelly, and it's orange instead of clear, but it spreads about the face in the same way, except that it feels soothing and luxurious during the process. It also has a lovely, light orange smell that provides a sense of aromatherapy, and it's easy to either wipe off with a towel or rinse off in the shower. Surprisingly, even when I rub this around and onto my eyelids, there is no stinging or burning, which I find kind of amazing since even cold creams sting my eyes.

I have normal/oily skin, and this product has been a great winter cleanser because it's very gentle and cushioning, and I typically don't need moisturizer afterward because my skin feels comfortable and soft. I also feel like this cleanser has helped my skin look even and radiant because it's not getting stripped, dried out, or scrubbed. I'm happy that I don't need any foundation to make my skin good.

The only reason this gets a 4 out of 5 is that it's not the best at removing eye makeup like mascara and liner, but it does well at removing everything else if you use a towel or cotton pad.

Truly an effective and unique product since it does its job well and is even an ideal shape and size for travel. Don't let the fact that it's creamy turn you away–I think even acne-prone skins would benefit from this because it's gentle, inert in its ingredients, and a good medium for exfoliating with a warm cloth.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2012 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Julia7239

I use this intermittantly when not using my dermoligca. I like it as i use it as an astringent moisturisering mask in winter. I love the smell and the textture and it leaves my skin feeling refreshed. It is a good goliday cleanser. I would not use it everyday ongoing though, as i feel it is a little strong

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 3:54:00 PM More reviews by GardenValleyGirl

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE BB's Orange Facial Cleanser! Tried it on a whim because I was looking for something more natural that wouldn't sting my eyes and this is it. Smells amazing, does have a warming effect when you massage it into dry skin, and it takes off all my daily makeup (including Dior Hypnose Drama mascara) leaving my skin soft and ready for my night time routine of AHAs and moisture. Like earlier reviews state, it does not leave your skin squeeky clean but soft and moist so it is best for dry (not sensitive) skin. I remove it with splashes of warm water and a Sephora facial sponge. Perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 1:16:00 AM More reviews by elin22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First off: I have sensitive combination skin and usually use cream cleansers. I bought this cleanser when I ran out of my usual. I was intrigued by the ingredient list as there are only about 12 ingredients, all of which are natural and recognisable. It is comprised mainly of oils and is a thick, balm cleanser that looks a little like wood glue. It smells really strongly of oranges, so it smells lovely and refreshing.

I recommend applying this cleanser to dry skin. It feels a little like smearing honey on your face but it gets easier as it warms up on your skin. As you rub it in the cleanser seems to heat up, which is a little disconcerting but this soon stops. I like to take my time to massage it in so I can make sure that it's dissolving everything. You shouldn't use this cleanser in the shower as the warm water and steam just melts it off.

When I want to take it off I heat a face cloth under warm water and lay it over my face for a few seconds. This feels nice so I usually do it a couple of times. I find this is enough to make most of the cleanser dissolve straight away. I then use the cloth to rub the rest of it off before rinsing.

This stuff, although a bit scary in texture, is amazing. It leaves my face feeling so clean and soft. I swear that the redness in my skin is reduced and my pores are smaller and cleaned out. Any dry patches are gone and my skin is left feeling moisturised so I don't have to use a moisturiser at night. I am really looking forward to using this in winter.

Some cons: I find it a bit expensive at AU$20, especially considering how much you get. Also, I don't like the way it heats up on your skin. It makes my skin look a bit red for a few minutes which makes me worry that it's causing irritation. The high level of orange oil may be a problem for those with sensitive skin. Some people may also not like the packaging as it has a screw cap.

I highly recommend this cleanser to everyone, whether you have oily or dry skin. If you take the time to use it properly it will gently clean, leaving you with soft, healthy skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2012 12:27:00 PM More reviews by OSusanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It looks and feels like orange (peel included) scented petroleum jelly. It's loaded with oils and fragrance. Recommended for drier skin only and the fact that it leaves a tiny bit of cushy residue will not make everyone happy. Does not dry out skin and does appear to remove light facial makeup. Works well with a clarisonic. For me, it works well once or twice a week when I'm not wearing too much makeup and I need a hydrating cleanser. I follow up with a toner and then treatments and haven't seen any problems. My big concern would be an allergic reaction since it 's so loaded with fragrance, but so far so good for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2012 3:11:00 PM More reviews by missbeautyqueen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Pros:
- Smells nice
- 100% organic
- Easy to find
Cons:
- ineffective (for my skin)
- bit expensive for what you get
Overall:
I wanted to like this product. But I just don't. It didn't work for my skin type. Even though it said it was for all skin types it didn't work. But then on the back of the product it said it was for normal-dry. I liked that it was 100% organic and that it was easy for me to find. Sadly I do not like this product and will not repurchase. I don't not recommend it because it could be that it just didn't work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by luineumaiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product when I was on the lookout for an OCM alternative. I find using a hot, wet washcloth to wipe away the muck on your face after OCM-ing, extremely unhygenic. The trick with this product is to rub a pea sized amount all over a dry face. There's a lovely warm feeling that spreads as you rub it over your face (because of the vegetable glycerin, I think?). I massage gently for about 2 minutes, and then wash it off with tap water or warm water. It obviously doesn't lather, but when you wash it off, it does come off completely. without leaving any oily residue/film, and leaves your face squeaky clean. I have perennial jawline acne, and in 2 weeks of using this, it hasn't worsened at all, so I'm very comfortable with this. I'll keep buying this until I find a better, natural cleanser alternative (preferably something that lathers!)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2012 2:02:00 AM More reviews by glamorouskatie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

People may be put off by this cleanser because 1) it doesn't lather and 2) it doesn't give you that "squeaky clean" feeling. But I have to say, if you can get over that, this is a great product. Oil is a cleanser, too, it's just not aesthetically pleasing to us for some reason. I love the scent of this, and I love the texture. I wouldn't say it has granules in it, but it's not completely smooth. When I rinse it off, I feel like there's still a residue on my face, but once I've dabbed my face dry, it feels so soft and clean. My skin tone is also more even.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2012 2:56:00 AM More reviews by tresdivine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I swore by my burt's bees' chapsticks, and so I thought I might add this cleanser into that list of things I swear by. But, I was dead wrong. Although the product smells yummy and refreshing, and it is all natural, my skin does not like it. I guess the product is way too oily, it leaves residue and even with more washes and toner, the oil stays. Not to mention, the product breaks me out.

Off to the donation bin with you!