October 1, 2014 | 1092 users online

Polishes - Hard Candy - nail polish

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2008 6:38:00 PM More reviews by dpchemd1

I bought a light glittery pink color for spring. It so wasn't worth it. You have to put too many coats to see any color. I don't recommend it. Sally Hansen is better then this overpriced polish.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2007 4:34:00 AM More reviews by yoruichi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't know what Hard Candy puts in their nail polish, but it's great stuff! It goes on smoothly, the consistency feels right, & when it dries, it's smooth and shiny, as if I got my nails done at a salon. I wish Hard Candy had more colors.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2006 6:07:00 PM More reviews by lovesittxx

Well at least I can say the packaging is extremely cute. But otherwise, horrible, horrible. I bought a set of 3 different shades ( can't remember the names) I used the gold one that came with it, and it was awful. Very goopy, and kind of runny. It was so sheer on my nails it look hideous! Ugh, this is the worst nail polish ever!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2006 9:06:00 AM More reviews by emms1186

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i agree with the previous poster. This was the WORST nail polish I have ever tried. It was sooo runny it took forever to dry and was hard to apply. Very sheer, you dont get the color you expect. Stick with something cheaper that you can find at your local drugstore.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2006 6:39:00 AM More reviews by jezebelthorn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Jeez this nail polish is really god awful! I'm so glad I ordered mine online and only paid 4 GBP for mine but even that is waay too much for this junk!
The absolute only good thing about this polish is the super cute packaging with the little matching sparkly ring.
I got this in "Glitch" a sort of pastel green with sparkles and the first coat it went on so watery and sheer and sort of blotchy that I needed to do another coat.
However the second proceeded to go on lumpy even though I waited until the first had dried properly so I had to do a third and final coat to even it all up and by then it was looking just appalling. All lumpy and really thick and not at all like anything you would want anywhere near your fingernails.
It didn't even last half a day before chipping and mussing up it was Satan to remove and when I did finally get this stuff off it totally dried out my nails.
Hard Candy polish is a gimmick, do not be foolish enough to get suckered in to shelling out for and then using this stuff.
I personally will never touch another one again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2006 7:38:00 AM More reviews by nexa_a2y

The bottle looks so cute!
APplies on easily, dries quickly, plus 1-2 coats is enough.
Colours are really pretty
Really good stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2005 12:44:00 PM More reviews by natural_boots

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i love love love this product, i bought one for a party in tantrum it looked a little scary but so irresistable so i bought it, put it on and wow sheer and a pretty pale green.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2005 2:25:00 AM More reviews by rosieee

Space boy and pussy cat are pretty much the only two NPs that I wear anymore. I get so many compliments and one boyfriend would tell me everyday how much he loved the color of space boy (sparkling silver lots o glitter...it may be similar to trailer trash). They last forever without chipping but I only use them on my feet. I gave up fingernail polish ages ago because it chips and looks ugly the next day. 10 stars for these!!! I'm so glad HC brought them back as vintage. And how can you not love the cute matching rings?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2005 12:19:00 PM More reviews by CloudsInMyCoffee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like these polishes, but they're definitely not my favorites! They have very original, fun colors with great names, but the quality is not that great and I find them chipping after a week or so (and this is on my toes mind you where normally color lasts for months). They're fun for more of a novelty and an occasional daring color, but definitely not a staple in my polish collection

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2005 1:22:00 PM More reviews by hair2show

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this one in a "mini" sized from a swap. I forget the color, but it's clear with multi glitter. NOTE TO SELF...DO NOT LAYER OVER POLISH! I thought if I wore a nice deep pink color polish and add this as a top coat it would give just a nice little coat of multi glitter (which it did). HOWEVER being in a mini it was ALMOST like Elmers Glue! I had to shake the bottle to PRAY that the inside contents hit the brush! I've used it once before and I felt it just turned to "gel" in the bottle! TO TOP IT OFF the nice pink color turned PURPLE! I had deep pink polish with round misc. spots of purple (which looked like purple marker) and glitter. I wouldn't do that again! $7.00 a bottle? Best to stick with Creative Nail or OPI or Nicole.