Hard Candy nail polish

3.4

on 9/10/2008 10:30:00 AM

I got Tantrum (light green) and Jailbait (light purple). First time using hard candy nail polishes, so cute! the packaging is great, i wouldn't wear the rings but it makes the bottles cuter. The colors are very sheer which is what I like, I don't like bright colors on my hands, i think it makes my finger look weird. the polish is smooth even with the glitter. I will purchase the kit with 6 colors next!

on 9/5/2008 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Totally cute package. Great color (I got Trailer Trash - silvery glittery).
That's about all that's good...

Chipped after about 6 hours of wear. I can usually at least get 2 days before chipping, because of my job, but this lasted the least of any NP ever.

Glad I only bought one!

on 5/1/2008 6:38:00 PM

I bought a light glittery pink color for spring. It so wasn't worth it. You have to put too many coats to see any color. I don't recommend it. Sally Hansen is better then this overpriced polish.

on 3/18/2007 4:34:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I don't know what Hard Candy puts in their nail polish, but it's great stuff! It goes on smoothly, the consistency feels right, & when it dries, it's smooth and shiny, as if I got my nails done at a salon. I wish Hard Candy had more colors.

on 10/13/2006 6:07:00 PM

Well at least I can say the packaging is extremely cute. But otherwise, horrible, horrible. I bought a set of 3 different shades ( can't remember the names) I used the gold one that came with it, and it was awful. Very goopy, and kind of runny. It was so sheer on my nails it look hideous! Ugh, this is the worst nail polish ever!!

on 4/28/2006 9:06:00 AM

i agree with the previous poster. This was the WORST nail polish I have ever tried. It was sooo runny it took forever to dry and was hard to apply. Very sheer, you dont get the color you expect. Stick with something cheaper that you can find at your local drugstore.

on 4/26/2006 6:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Jeez this nail polish is really god awful! I'm so glad I ordered mine online and only paid 4 GBP for mine but even that is waay too much for this junk!
The absolute only good thing about this polish is the super cute packaging with the little matching sparkly ring.
I got this in "Glitch" a sort of pastel green with sparkles and the first coat it went on so watery and sheer and sort of blotchy that I needed to do another coat.
However the second proceeded to go on lumpy even though I waited until the first had dried properly so I had to do a third and final coat to even it all up and by then it was looking just appalling. All lumpy and really thick and not at all like anything you would want anywhere near your fingernails.
It didn't even last half a day before chipping and mussing up it was Satan to remove and when I did finally get this stuff off it totally dried out my nails.
Hard Candy polish is a gimmick, do not be foolish enough to get suckered in to shelling out for and then using this stuff.
I personally will never touch another one again.

on 4/10/2006 7:38:00 AM

The bottle looks so cute!
APplies on easily, dries quickly, plus 1-2 coats is enough.
Colours are really pretty
Really good stuff!

on 11/15/2005 12:44:00 PM

i love love love this product, i bought one for a party in tantrum it looked a little scary but so irresistable so i bought it, put it on and wow sheer and a pretty pale green.

on 8/15/2005 2:25:00 AM

Space boy and pussy cat are pretty much the only two NPs that I wear anymore. I get so many compliments and one boyfriend would tell me everyday how much he loved the color of space boy (sparkling silver lots o glitter...it may be similar to trailer trash). They last forever without chipping but I only use them on my feet. I gave up fingernail polish ages ago because it chips and looks ugly the next day. 10 stars for these!!! I'm so glad HC brought them back as vintage. And how can you not love the cute matching rings?

Popular Polishes