April 19, 2014 | 1901 users online

Highlighters - Revlon - Skinlights Face Illuminator Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2008 4:11:00 AM More reviews by reverie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in Peach Light. It gives me a dewy complexion when mixed with my regular foundation. I was devastated when it was discontinued. If it ever returns to the stores, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2008 6:23:00 AM More reviews by Tricho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have said no to rebuy - a) because they are discontinued, b) because i'm dying to try out the Becca line illuminators.

That said, I have two shades of this - one is peach light and the other is natural light.
    They are both beautiful with peach requiring a little more blending due to the colour. I put them on my cheekbones to highlight and also under my eyes which really brightens them.
    They have spf which I love and they don't cost that much for the amount you get, i think about 8 - you honestly don't need a lot at all so they will last a long long time - you may think that's pricey but for a non essential bit of kit like a highlighter you might pay well over 10 for the same thing from Clinique!!
    The packaging is nothing to write home about but it's pretty and sanitary - no leaks or issues so I can't complain at all.

I really do like this product and recommend to pick some up if you find it on sale before it's gone for good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2008 2:31:00 AM More reviews by rtauschke2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Absolute HG product. I use the Natural Light one and wear it on its own, or with powder or over the top of foundation to get a nice finish. I often get comments on how nice my skin is when I wear it on its own - it instantly brightens and illuminates my skin, yet is virtually undetectable that its there. Has a slight glitter to it. Lotion glides on and blends so easily. The pump-pack packaging makes dispensing the correct amount easy, although it is hard to get the last dregs out. Could be a bit shiny for those with greasy skin. But I absolutely LOVE it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2008 1:21:00 AM More reviews by sweetnsnooty

What a pretty and versatile highlighter! I use it alone or mix it with foundation. Sometimes I like to wear it all over my face or just on the cheeks, sometimes as a brow highlighter only. I've used it on my cleavage, mixed a dallop with regular lotion for that hint of shimmer. I use the 01 Natural Light and it gives me slight color and a beautiful shine.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2008 6:59:00 AM More reviews by MomoTown

This illuminator is great! I've bought this a few years ago, but in the darkest shade. That wasn't a success. Last month I decided to give it another try, due to the raves here on MUA. I chose 01 Natural Light and it's just perfect for my fair skin! It gives me a nice glow and makes my face so much brighter and less dull looking!
    Is it really to that Revlon is gonna discontinue this product? :( I guess I'd better stock up before it's gone (although I think I could stick to this bottle for at least 1,5 years :P). HG product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2008 5:27:00 PM More reviews by imogenius

this is the best eye brightener and lluminator i have ever tried - although i wouldn't use it all over - it's great for cheekbones, collarbones and eyes. also you only need the tiniest amount so it lasts forever. a bottle lasted me almost two years! picked it up cheap in the states (not on sale, just happens to be a third of the price as australia, and thats after the ex. rate) i use the lightest colour. its great as the shimmer is subtle, and i hate it when it looks too sprkly and in clumps rather than....well, perfect like this!
    BUT! it has been discontinued. poo. i have since found another illuminator that definately rivals this one - its the Max Factor sheer shimmer sheer radiance colour adapt foundation. very much the same akthough a little bronzier.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2008 8:10:00 AM More reviews by Surreal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I thought this product's really great and I'm on my 3rd tube currently. It makes me skin glow and I love the price and packaging. However, it seems to me that it has GIVEN ME ECZEMA. I still haven't confirmed if this is the culprit..but if it is, it has given me two years of skin-related nightmare. Will not buy this product again for safety. Anyway, it seems that Singapore has stopped stock for this - a new product called "Bare It All Lustrous Lotion" is now in stores instead. The new product is way smaller, and way more expensive. Darn.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2008 11:10:00 AM More reviews by juaini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I generally don't use highlighters because my skin is oily but clear. With the right products I just manage to stave off the "grease pit" and achieve more of a "natural glow" so I don't need help in that department. However, I do have this in Natural Light, and I use it only as an eye brightener, before concealer. I'm happy to say it works great. The shimmer particles are tiny enough to be really subtle and it doesn't look like shimmer at all unless I'm peering into my hand mirror; even then sometimes I can't detect any shimmer. Very good. I hate highlighters with chunky shimmers (MAC MSF's gotta be the worst ever) The pump tube kinda sucks, it's very stiff and difficult to pump just the correct amount so I usually put press out one full pump of this stuff into a small jar, and use it from there. Minor quibble. One tube is huge, like a lifetime supply of eye brightener. I guess I should throw it out in a year or two even though it isn't an open bottle. I quite like the faint citrusy scent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2007 3:48:00 PM More reviews by lou4k6

i have this in peach light, quite a good match for my medium/tan skin. It definatly makes your skin glow, if you are like me and have oily skin, i would recommend not using it mixed in your foundation, or using too much, as your skin will be mega-oily. I apply my foundation and use this product to highlight my browbone, cupids bow and cheekbones. Works well though- 1 lippie off for making your skin a little oily and the pump gives too much and gets stuck sometimes!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2007 11:36:00 AM More reviews by onthemove

I love Revlon's Skinlights Face Illuminator Lotion. I have been using this product for years. I have tried a few shades and the one that I love and loves me back is (01) Natural Light. It really gives me a nice glow. I mix this with tinted moisturizer, foundation and I wear on its own. Nice medium to work with and I find it nicely scented, non-greasy and not loaded with glitter. Great for highlighting. I prefer it to Stila and Red Earth's illuminators. I switch back between powder shimmer and lotion but this product is really a keeper for me. I buy it on Ebay for a steal!