October 25, 2014 | 1151 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Matte - Diva

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 6:15:00 AM More reviews by Sharmina01

This colour is perfect for a medium skin colour, I can pull this dark colour off for everyday wear without it looking over the top! It is a matte wear but I love it regardless!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2014 12:16:00 PM More reviews by youwillneverfindme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My only, my favorite "red". More burgundy with berry undertones, I rarely wear this full on, even though it's gorgeous full on, and sexy, and vampy. Day to day though, I wear it blotted on and sheered out with a burgundy lip liner for a full, just bitten, berry-stained look. The look is so beautiful and perfect for any time of the year, for any occasion, and most make up, although lately, I've been going super minimal on my eyes (just mascara and maybe falsies if I'm in the mood, no liner or shadow).

Matte formula. I love MAC's mattes, we get along so well, but some may find it drying. My tube is years old (I've only just rediscovered it) and I'm finding that the actual bullet can go dry and feel chalky from time to time, I'm not sure if a newer tube would feel the same (I should get a newer tube), but my other MAC mattes have never had this problem. I rarely use this lipstick without some sort of balm and find that this easily fixes the dryness issue.

Lasting power is average for a matte lipstick, a few hours maybe, when worn sheerly. The more vampy/darkly I apply it, the higher the upkeep.

VGIII is similar, but more brown-toned, whereas I'd classify Diva as more berry-toned.

nw15-20, hazel green eyes and dark blonde/light brown hair, mid-thirties.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 4:28:00 AM More reviews by lovepixie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I didn't think I was lipstick girl until I met this one. Before, I stuck with my Clinique Black Honey and just suffered through constant reapplications. I've tried low end to high end, and none worked. The nude lip look didn't work for me at all, and every other color I've tried just felt silly or clownish. I did like one from MUFE, but not enough to reapply. It was frustrating to feel like my face was never done. I would have a perfect makeup day, except for that. I knew that MAC Matte was supposed to have amazing staying power, but had pretty much given up on my lipstick search. They just all looked wrong. I decided to give it one more shot and asked a sales associate to help me find something natural. She humored me, and we tried about 4 billion shades that matched my lips and did nothing for my face.

AND THEN. She said to me, just try it. You don't even have to wear makeup with this and you will look better. MAC Diva. I was more than familiar with the color, it's freaking everywhere. But it always looked a bit scary for my face. Well, I put it on. Oh my god. I was transformed and I am not exaggerating. And I can literally wear this with just a tiny swipe of mascara and look done. A tiny dab adds just a hint of stain that is beautiful, and full coverage with this is so dramatic and amazing. No hint of clown. Just beautiful, grown up, put together color. I can't express how much I love this and wish I'd tried it sooner.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2014 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Karlily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I went to MAC looking for a nude lipstick for my Back to Mac and couldn't find any that looked good with my skintone....so I went for a red and ended up with this after trying many colors! I don't like a heavy lipstick look, so I put Cherry liner underneath to brighten it a little and then a sheer layer of Diva, and it ends up looking great with my skintone. I hate looking for lipsticks so I would repurchase this rather than look for something else, but it's not necessarily HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 2:34:00 AM More reviews by cindikinnns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love love love this lipstick. I went into Mac trying to find the shade Just A Bite and came out with this. I love how this shade has the correct balance of red and black to create a truly retro, vampy look. I am a big fan of dark lips and wearing this color makes me feel mature, sophisticated and very cool. It is def a unique color and it goes on smooth with a matte finish - i recommend this for anyone looking for a dark, retro lipcolor for fall.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 5:29:00 PM More reviews by QueenBee1217

I thought Riri Woo is the best shade of red there is but when I finally got my hands on this, I am instantly in love!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 2:57:00 PM More reviews by glockgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this color....was looking for a perfect Burgundy/red and diva is the one....i whiten my teeth & this shade really makes them pop! Lots of compliments!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by breatenz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Loved this color. The only red that I can confidently rock.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by sheresists99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was one of the first Mac lipsticks that I've ever purchased. It is definitely one of my favourites (if not my favourite). It is a really beautiful rich red/brownish burgandy. It is very pigmented, lasts a long time, and has a gorgeous matte finish. It's definitely a staple and perfect for the fall. I highly recommend this lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was trying to decide between Diva, and Dubonnet, but went with Diva because Dubonnet has too much brown in it for my taste. Diva is a deep reddish burgundy, with a matte finish, and is a great color for fall or winter. Because it's matte it can be drying, so I apply it after I let lip balm soak in for a few minutes. That also means it's pigmented, opaque, and wears for a really long time. I am pretty fair, so there is a huge contrast when I wear this shade. But I wear it with black eyeliner and black mascara and it looks really good.