November 27, 2014 | 1304 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Matte - Diva

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2014 12:37:00 PM More reviews by weheartmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Diva is a beautiful, rich, "Oxblood" color. I went into MAC specifically asking for a fall color, winter color and one that I could wear during the holidays. The MAC MUA gave me Diva to try on and I loved it. The reason why I took one lippie off was because it does fall into the little lines on my lips. I know it matte, but i just feel its more noticeable. Either way, I will still be repurchasing this color (:

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 8:09:00 PM More reviews by Sej1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my everyday red during colder temps. This past winter I rediscovered an old frost color I had sitting around, O, and started wearing them together for a beautiful deep red with an ombré finish. I get compliments all the time!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 6:15:00 AM More reviews by Sharmina01

This colour is perfect for a medium skin colour, I can pull this dark colour off for everyday wear without it looking over the top! It is a matte wear but I love it regardless!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2014 12:16:00 PM More reviews by youwillneverfindme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My only, my favorite "red". More burgundy with berry undertones, I rarely wear this full on, even though it's gorgeous full on, and sexy, and vampy. Day to day though, I wear it blotted on and sheered out with a burgundy lip liner for a full, just bitten, berry-stained look. The look is so beautiful and perfect for any time of the year, for any occasion, and most make up, although lately, I've been going super minimal on my eyes (just mascara and maybe falsies if I'm in the mood, no liner or shadow).

Matte formula. I love MAC's mattes, we get along so well, but some may find it drying. My tube is years old (I've only just rediscovered it) and I'm finding that the actual bullet can go dry and feel chalky from time to time, I'm not sure if a newer tube would feel the same (I should get a newer tube), but my other MAC mattes have never had this problem. I rarely use this lipstick without some sort of balm and find that this easily fixes the dryness issue.

Lasting power is average for a matte lipstick, a few hours maybe, when worn sheerly. The more vampy/darkly I apply it, the higher the upkeep.

VGIII is similar, but more brown-toned, whereas I'd classify Diva as more berry-toned.

nw15-20, hazel green eyes and dark blonde/light brown hair, mid-thirties.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 4:28:00 AM More reviews by lovepixie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I didn't think I was lipstick girl until I met this one. Before, I stuck with my Clinique Black Honey and just suffered through constant reapplications. I've tried low end to high end, and none worked. The nude lip look didn't work for me at all, and every other color I've tried just felt silly or clownish. I did like one from MUFE, but not enough to reapply. It was frustrating to feel like my face was never done. I would have a perfect makeup day, except for that. I knew that MAC Matte was supposed to have amazing staying power, but had pretty much given up on my lipstick search. They just all looked wrong. I decided to give it one more shot and asked a sales associate to help me find something natural. She humored me, and we tried about 4 billion shades that matched my lips and did nothing for my face.

AND THEN. She said to me, just try it. You don't even have to wear makeup with this and you will look better. MAC Diva. I was more than familiar with the color, it's freaking everywhere. But it always looked a bit scary for my face. Well, I put it on. Oh my god. I was transformed and I am not exaggerating. And I can literally wear this with just a tiny swipe of mascara and look done. A tiny dab adds just a hint of stain that is beautiful, and full coverage with this is so dramatic and amazing. No hint of clown. Just beautiful, grown up, put together color. I can't express how much I love this and wish I'd tried it sooner.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2014 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Karlily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I went to MAC looking for a nude lipstick for my Back to Mac and couldn't find any that looked good with my skintone....so I went for a red and ended up with this after trying many colors! I don't like a heavy lipstick look, so I put Cherry liner underneath to brighten it a little and then a sheer layer of Diva, and it ends up looking great with my skintone. I hate looking for lipsticks so I would repurchase this rather than look for something else, but it's not necessarily HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 2:34:00 AM More reviews by cindikinnns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love love love this lipstick. I went into Mac trying to find the shade Just A Bite and came out with this. I love how this shade has the correct balance of red and black to create a truly retro, vampy look. I am a big fan of dark lips and wearing this color makes me feel mature, sophisticated and very cool. It is def a unique color and it goes on smooth with a matte finish - i recommend this for anyone looking for a dark, retro lipcolor for fall.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 5:29:00 PM More reviews by QueenBee1217

I thought Riri Woo is the best shade of red there is but when I finally got my hands on this, I am instantly in love!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 2:57:00 PM More reviews by glockgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this color....was looking for a perfect Burgundy/red and diva is the one....i whiten my teeth & this shade really makes them pop! Lots of compliments!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by breatenz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Loved this color. The only red that I can confidently rock.