April 19, 2014 | 1056 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Matte - Diva

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by alexandra0107

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I love this!!! I think it's the colour which I love so much. I've never worn a dark colour before, I rarely even wear bright lips-total nude girl! I took a total risk with this, buying it without even swatch in got or trying it on, but let me tell you it was worth it. Perfect deep red colour. I'm NC30 skintone (through fake tan) and have very dark hair and just looks A*. Would look BEAUTIFUL on dark skinned girls and maybe even blondes. Also made me teeth look pearly white. Love love love, totally worth the money. Only downside is that it's very drying but heck it's a matte, what did I expect?

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 9:17:00 AM More reviews by jenib

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've never been much of a lipstick wearer, but I turned 35 this year and decided that I wanted to change my makeup "style" a little bit...I've been wearing clear/"nude" glosses for the last 10+ years and wanted a change. After lots of Google searches, I came to the conclusion that MAC Diva was a popular and well-liked burgundy color that seemed to look good on *most* people....

I have not yet worn it out of the house (because I think I look really weird with dark lipstick on....not bad, just weird...not used to it!) but I've wear-tested it around the house.

The color on me (slightly olive skin, hazel eyes, brunette) is a nice dark red with a hint of a blackened purple/plum undertone. Worn full-strength (right out of the tube) it's very vampy/dark. However when I apply it with a lip brush, it's more of a bolder, deep red shade. Personally, on me I prefer the deep red look, so lip brush application it is.

The staying power of this lipstick is ABSOLUTELY PHENOMINAL. I first apply MAC Prep + Prime, then wait about 5 minutes for it to get sticky. Then I line my lips and then fill them in with MAC Burgundy lip liner. After that, I apply the MAC Diva with my lip brush. It's a beautiful, matte finish (no sheen) but it feels very comfortable - not chalky or dry at all. I can eat, drink, talk, for hours and this stuff DOES NOT come off. I even went so far as to lightly rub my fingers back and forth across my lips a few times to see if it would smear and - no dice. This bugger STAYS PUT. The last time I wear-tested it around the house, I kept it on for about 5 hours and had two meals, a couple glasses of water and a cup of coffee. Still looked exactly the same when I took it off as it did when I applied it. In fact, I use eye makeup remover to get it off (I really like Almay's waterproof/long wear eye makeup remover for this). The eye makeup remover gets it off in a second.

Overall this color is beautiful and the wear is fantastic. It's comfortable on my lips for hours and I don't notice any settling into lines or migrating around my mouth if I use the Prep + Prime and a lipliner. Now I just need to get the courage to wear it out of the house!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 5:32:00 AM More reviews by christina001

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Lovely colour, not as intimidating as I thought it would be.

On me (very pigmented rosy pink lips, NC25-30, olive undertone, naturally jet black hair) this colour is a true blackened red. In some lights it may lean toward a dark berry, but is decidedly not purple.
I expected it to be more plum-toned since most "black cherry" type colours turn purple on me, and am glad it isn't. It's fully covering in 1-2 swipes, very even.

It transforms nicely with a different lip liner like the deep Rihanna one (Talk that talk) to an almost black colour.

My new favorite for this fall aside Russian Red, Viva Glam IV (frosty berry with gold sheen) and Dubonnet (brown red).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 1:57:00 PM More reviews by KylaK25

I am OBSESSED with this lipstick, especially for fall. Vampy, sexy and ethereal especially when paired with a minimal eye/cheek. You definitely need a lipliner, I think it looks great with more of a traditional, true red one. I love to wear it on a night out and always get compliments :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2013 3:16:00 AM More reviews by postmoderngirl

LOVE this lipstick. it is the perfect colour for fall (I'm an NC15) & I'm obsessed. It's a matte but surprisingly I didn't find it drying (I'm someone who's constantly putting lip balm on). I wore it today & had 4 people including the girl at MAC compliment me on it. I didn't think that many people liked dark lips but it made me love it more! It lasted well even through drinking & eating a bit.. although by the end of the day it wore off and looked like a lip liner. I've only wore this once but it's already my favourite fall lipstick.

ps: it's similar to rimmel's Bordeaux, but diva is a bit more red & opaque.. and is matte.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by MOIx2

A must have in your collection. Diva is a deep red perfect for fall and winter!! Matte finish but not drying. Perfect for any skin type as well. Love wearing just a minimal eye with winged liner and this lippie. Makes you look polished with little effort:)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Aubreyxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am an NC30 with olive undertones, brown eyes dark brown hair.

I bought this lipstick for 19 euros off of the Mac Cosmetics German website. Shipping was fast and my order came with a free Zoom Lash sample (cute!)

Back to the lipstick, Diva is a gorgeous vampy red. I couldn't believe how beautiful it complimented my olive skin tone. It is one of the most flattering lipsticks I have tried.
I like the matte formula. With dark lipsticks, I prefer little to no shine and Diva has no shine at all. It doesn't tug on my lips and the formula is creamy for a matte. Not moisturizing and a little drying, but it is easily fixed with a lip primer or some lip balm. Overall, I think this lipstick is amazing on a variety of skin tones. I am not a fan of lip liners and I avoid buying if I don't have to but with this lipstick I think a lip liner is neccessary. For those looking for a cheap alternative, Red Blush by Essence is a very inexpensive lip liner that in America can be found at Ulta and in Germany at the DM that matches this lipstick EXACTLY.

To the point, I say this lipstick is at least a must try. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but you will be surprised at how nicely it can compliment a variety of skin tones. This is now my number 2 favorite lipstick, Peackstock by MAC is still number 1 :-D

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Maxxi5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The name says it all. And I love the retro matte finish. Just like your face ladies you must prep & prime those beautiful lips. I use Carmex lip balm and a dab of Vaseline and while about 3-5 minutes then apply a matte lipstick.

This a berry red, slightly darker than RiRi woo

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by DL78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not for shy or retiring types! I'm a NW20 for reference with dark hair and pale green eyes. Absolutely perfect shade for autumn. Very dramatic! Lasts and lasts too.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Makdrizz08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

DIVA is a gorgeous burgundy color and is a go to fall lippy or anytime for a vampy look. I am an NW45 or NC50 depending on the time of year. lol Love this non drying matte finish. Staple!