Weleda Wild Rose Deodorant

Alcohol, Water (Aqua), Fragrance (Parfum)*, Limonene*, Linalool*, Citronellol*, Benzyl Alcohol*, Benzyl Benzoate*, Benzyl Salicylate*, Geraniol*, Citral*, Eugenol*, Farnesol*, Rosa Moschata (Rosehip) Leaf Extract, Rosa Damascena (Rose) Extract, Glycerin, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate. * from natural essential oils

on 3/27/2010 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I have been using this deodorant for several years and will probably continue to do so.

In the past, I have also used:
- Dr. Hauschka floral deodorant
- Kiehls anti-persperant/deodorant
- Tom's of Maine deodorant (lavender)
- Clarins deodorant
- Erbaviva deodorant

This is my favorite because it works well and has a very pleasant floral fragrance. I find that the scent combines well with other products that I use and with my various perfumes. I also really like Dr. Hauschka deodorant and will occasionally alternate, but this one is half the price. As far as rose fragrances go, Weleda's is superior to most. I very rarely have to apply this deodorant a second time. Obviously, this is not recommended for people who dislike classic feminine scents.

on 12/26/2009 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I adore this product. It is not enough on its own to prevent sweat odor if you sweat a whole lot -- like during the summer. I use it over liquid crystal. I used the Secret Platinum Anti-Persperant for years, but I became more conscious of aluminum crystals and Alzheimer's Disease and decided to move to deodorants. I tried Tom's which did not work and just the crystal on its own and just this on its own. All of them were not enough. Kiss My Face crystal in Summer works okay -- but I still use one of the Weleda over it. This one is the best one of the bunch!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

This deodorant is absolutely amazing. It's aluminum-free but protects against sweat and odor better than drugstore deodorant. Seriously. MUCH better. It's extremely expensive but smells great and it works! I'm a fan.

The spray bottle is kind of awkward, though. Maybe if it came in an aerosol-type can... but that wouldn't be very eco-friendly.

on 9/20/2009 10:40:00 PM

After buying 4 different natural deodorants and all of them failing I decided to try Weleda's Wild Rose. IT WORKS!! I only have two qualms: price; REALLY strong smell. The rose smell is extremely strong. If you use more than one spray under each arm you will be quite the stinky lady. I don't find the rose smell offensive, just strong. Within an hour or two it calms down quite a bit. Luckily the product really does its job!

This is a life-saver for me and my boyfriend. We both use it and love it.

It's not an anti-persperant, but it still gets the job done. When he was working construction the BF would come home stinky every day until he started using this. Instead, he'd come home and his pits had a lovely lingering fragrance. (For real, I'd stick my nose in there to see whether it worked or not - it does.) It may not seem like a unisex scent but it's actually a rather musky fragrance and more clean-smelling than floral.

I've never been a fan of your standard drugstore-type deo as I have a real objection to the underlying scent that they all have, not to mention the fact that they don't work.

This stuff does what you want a deodorant to do - keep sweat at bay and make your pits smell good. LOVE it.

on 8/15/2009 6:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product has a fantastic smell-hubby, who never cares what scent I wear, said I smelled "like the beach" after applying this. As to effectivity, the alcohol can only hold BO at bay for so long. I have a trick-spray the deo, then use it to moisten a salt rock. Then I spray again. I know this is labor intensive, but less so than pretreating clothes due to BO or having to toss them out. Note: these 2 products together will keep odor-producing bacteria at bay, but will not prevent sweating (a good thing). In order to absorb (not prevent sweat), add a dusting of healthy body powder.

on 7/20/2009 5:34:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this for over a year now, it is the best natural deodorant I have used! Smells lovely! And I love that it is never visible on your skin or clothes!

on 7/20/2009 5:16:00 PM

This is by far the best natural deodorant on the market. It's pricey but it is the only natural deodorant that works on me plus you have the added bonus of smelling like a rose. The scent is strong at first but then fades to a lovely natural rose smell; I often get compliments. It's not that cheep toilet rose smell either, it's that old fashioned pure essential rose scent that reminds me of a country garden. I love that I smell yummy while using a natural product, happy knowing that no harsh chemicals are being absorbed into my body and I don't have BO.

on 3/20/2009 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

A staple for me. I love the smell and the fact that it's a natural product. I've developed allergies to most perfumes and sometimes even to the pure essential oils. Wild rose doesn't cause any reaction and it lasts forever. Anybody who has sensitivity to mainstream fragrances should try this once. Of course if you like the rose scent. Weleda rocks!

on 3/2/2009 7:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've just started using this product,but I really really like it.I was always searching for this smell,I love roses.No perfume can beat it.And it lasts for hours!
I spray it under my arm,and also on my neck as a perfume.
If it stops working as a deodorant(I don't know why would it,but in case it does)I'd still buy it for the smell.

EDIT: it doesn't work very well in summer. I wouldn't recommend it for those who sweat heavily.

Top Rated Weleda Products