April 16, 2014 | 1397 users online

Deodorants - Weleda - Wild Rose Deodorant

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2009 5:34:00 PM More reviews by winian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have been using this for over a year now, it is the best natural deodorant I have used! Smells lovely! And I love that it is never visible on your skin or clothes!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2009 5:16:00 PM More reviews by nataliaduffy

This is by far the best natural deodorant on the market. It's pricey but it is the only natural deodorant that works on me plus you have the added bonus of smelling like a rose. The scent is strong at first but then fades to a lovely natural rose smell; I often get compliments. It's not that cheep toilet rose smell either, it's that old fashioned pure essential rose scent that reminds me of a country garden. I love that I smell yummy while using a natural product, happy knowing that no harsh chemicals are being absorbed into my body and I don't have BO.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2009 7:04:00 PM More reviews by ninjalips

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A staple for me. I love the smell and the fact that it's a natural product. I've developed allergies to most perfumes and sometimes even to the pure essential oils. Wild rose doesn't cause any reaction and it lasts forever. Anybody who has sensitivity to mainstream fragrances should try this once. Of course if you like the rose scent. Weleda rocks!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2009 7:14:00 AM More reviews by Rosefan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've just started using this product,but I really really like it.I was always searching for this smell,I love roses.No perfume can beat it.And it lasts for hours!
I spray it under my arm,and also on my neck as a perfume.
If it stops working as a deodorant(I don't know why would it,but in case it does)I'd still buy it for the smell.

EDIT: it doesn't work very well in summer. I wouldn't recommend it for those who sweat heavily.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2008 3:16:00 PM More reviews by Jenniferroyea

I too think this stuff stinks. I love the smell of rose essential oil and this smells nothing like roses to me.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2008 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Daisy70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't know what I was thinking when I bought this. It was unique and I never saw a deodorant packaged in a cool glass bottle....and I usually like weleda products.
But afer using it once I just can't get past the funeral parlor smell of strong roses and something else funky about the scent.
SO here it sits in my cabinet full of unwanted new'ish stuff. I haven't gotten into the swapping thing yet but with the amazing amount of stuff (mostly high end products) I've collected and not liked, I should probably try out the swapping thing.
anyway, I didn't like this deodorant.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2008 8:28:00 AM More reviews by verte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This deodorant is virtually impossible to find where I live despite the fairly easy availability of most other Weleda products, including the Citrus and Sage deodorants. That aside, I finally managed to track some down at this one store and I bought two bottles of it at AU$26 each - I must be going batty in my old age to be paying so much for a deodorant.

I hate most supermarket deodorants because they (a) smell vile (b) leave white marks all over my clothes, even the ones that are meant to be "clear" (c) don't work either at disguising my BO or preventing me from sweating or (d) all of the above. I'm down with sweat in general as I sweat quite a bit anyway (running, biking, just *being*). I don't really expect an anti-perspirant to stop me from sweating, but I *do* expect a straight deodorant to stop me from stinking. I love both the Dr Hauschka deodorants in terms of fragrance but they're unfortunately not strong enough to prevent odour.

Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised with the effects of Weleda Wild Rose deodorant. The smell is that of heady, old-fashioned roses with a bit of citrus but I can see how it would be too much for some people. It does settle down after application, though. I have caught a whiff of myself on occasion and have to say that sometimes I think it smells a tiny bit like Clag - good old primary-school glue. I think that might just be my bizarre sense of smell, though. It works extremely well at cloaking any sweat odours that may emanate from my body so I still smell good with the added bonus that it's not clogging my armpits with god knows what. Plus it's organic, not tested on animals, cute packaging, blah blah blah. If this one store keeps stocking it, I'll keep buying!!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2007 9:04:00 AM More reviews by moth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've had this for a few days now, and it's working nicely for me. Sometime when I was pregnant with my last child, I developed some sort of allergic reaction to the deodorant I had been using. I've tried many kinds and for a while, I was having good luck with Dove... up until my last purchase. I don't perspire heavily, so mostly what I needed was something to deal with BO. This seems to be doing the trick, though it smells more mediciney than rosey. The spray bottle is ace, too, much better than a traditional stick.

Ingredients: Alcohol, Water, Fragrance, Limonene, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylat, Geraniol, Citral, Eugenol, Farnesol, Rose Moschata Leaf Extract, Rose Damascena Extract, Glycerin, Ammonium Glycyrhizate.

EDIT: I can't explain why, but after using this product for almost a month, it has stopped being effective. Too bad.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2006 7:50:00 PM More reviews by muumuu

The stuff STINKS. It really reminds me of bug spray. Perhaps it works, but I couldn't get past the stench.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2006 7:07:00 AM More reviews by pixielu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This stuff smells delicious, and the fragrance lasts all day on me, and it doesn't irritate my skin, have already repurchased!