September 16, 2014 | 2021 users online

Eye Shadow - Bare Escentuals - Glimmer in Drama

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2009 10:06:00 PM More reviews by sleepingapple

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG! HG! I bought this shade on a whim during a trip to my local BE store. It's a gorgeous shimmer taupe, and looks amazing as either a lid or crease colour. I love it foiled with BE Bare Skin e/s as a highlight. My new everyday look! I'll definitely repurchase if I ever run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2009 3:06:00 AM More reviews by obsessedovermakeup

Drama brings me fond memories of when I started discovering makeup. My best friend used this color on me when she was still working at Bare Escentuals and I instantly loved it. I am about NC 27-30, Asian, and the color works well. The amount that is given in the jar will last a very very long time. The only downside is that the jar doesn't have a sifter, so you must be very careful when handling it or opening and closing it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2009 4:49:00 PM More reviews by VOGUE1222

This is the most random color I've purchased. A mix between dark sand, pewter, gray and sable. Blends easily with most other colors. Love to wear this often, looks nice for day and kicks ass at night if you wet your brush first. Smudge out some black/charcoal eyeliner with this and it's a no-brainer smokey eye. This is the one color I will ALWAYS go to when I can't decide how to do my eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2008 8:51:00 PM More reviews by sjsharkslover

Wow ok wow is all I have to say on this. With that in mind this is not for the faint of heart as it is a glitter not a glimmer! :) It is one of those products that you can see the glitter flashes when you blink your eyes. I do this one very naturally as it is so glittery. I prepare my lid with painterly paint pot, BB Bone eyeshadow and rock this baby in the crease. I always take a kabuki brush and smush out the lines as well as the excess glitter when I am done----ALWAYS do your eyes first when working this as there is a lot of fall out and you must remove the excess otherwise your face will be a mess. I then do a matte face, black mascara (liner if I am going out in Black) and a neutral lipstick. I get comments on this color all the time and those I work with also love it. They call it the "eye pop color" The only thing I dislike about this product is the fact that it came with no sifter or anything. I wish there was a way to make this less messy of a product. Also, it seems the jars leak if carried in a makeup bag and the tops attract dust and other things like a magnet Overall, I love it and feel that it is a good product but not for a makeup newbie. I would recommend all to get a sample and see if it works for them. There are many different colored flecks in this and with different bases you can get different looks. Very fun indeed

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2008 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Faithersk

I got this in a sample size as a swap evener. In the package it looks almost black/gray, but on the lid it is a pretty deep taupy-brown with silver flashes. I love this for a smokey eye. Today I used it with the L'Oreal showstopping taupes as a liner (foiled with eye drops) and it turned a gorgeous deep silver that is so complex and beautiful! It makes my deep brown eyes sparkle! Love, love and can't wait to purchase a full size. I hope this is a regular color for the BE line of shadows!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2008 1:30:00 PM More reviews by MELACE112

This is a color that is true to its name, drama. It really gives you a dramatic eye look and it is great for use under a color or in the corners with another color like celestine or nude beach. I think this is better for a medium toned skin just because of the colors richness.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2008 10:40:00 AM More reviews by CooCoo4Coco

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a very pretty color for most everyone. The color description reads however, "golden brown" but I found it to be more of a taupe/brown shade on me. It really makes my eyes stand out - I used a base with it and it lasted all day. It's a beautiful shade - I used it with bare skin in the corner/lid/and browbone. On the rest of the lid and crease applied drama. I put a touch of black shimmer on the outer corner to create - more drama! It's such a beauty and will make any eye color pop. A staple for sure - and I'll definitely repurchase if I should ever run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2008 10:11:00 PM More reviews by teesa2you

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wrote that I would repurchase this product again, but chances are there is so much I won't ever need to!
I had purchased this a long time ago. I put it away and have rediscovered it again.
I have used a light dry coating over another color to give it a custom look. I have also used it wet, as a liner. I have used it foiled and I love to use it to create a smoky eye. I used it with an olive green color last night (Go Army by urban decay) and it looked awesome.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2008 3:03:00 PM More reviews by discoredhd

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is great for, well "DRAMA" :)

I reach for this all the time when I want a nice smokey eye.

Not a huge fan of the package on all BE eyeshadows, seems to spill a bit on the edges.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2008 11:37:00 PM More reviews by waterfreak

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Even though I have stopped using all BE products, I still use a few of their eyeshadows, and this color is my staple. I absolutely love it. I think this shade is a chameleon color because I notice I can change how it looks so easily by how much I apply and where I apply it. I can apply it very sheer for an eye-opening "pop" or I can apply a little heavier and have a super easy smoky eye effect. I have brown eyes with hazel rings in them and this shadow has a way of always making my eyes stand out, even when I apply it very sparingly. I wear this shade with Queen Phyllis, but I use Shiseido's Glistening Sand as a base and I also notice that the Shiseido makes this color last so much longer and it really brings out the gorgeous glimmer. I've never been a fan of sparkly eyeshadows, but the effect I get every time I wear this is amazing to me. I have noticed too that this color can adapt very easily to whatever you're wearing or whatever color palette you're using for the rest of your face. I also find that it matches just fine with whatever color blush or lipstick I'm wearing. I can't say enough about this beautiful color!