October 1, 2014 | 1818 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - Moon Beam

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2012 10:52:00 AM More reviews by condracek4337

I had been wanting this product for quite a long time. When I finally splurged to buy it, (becuase it was discontinued), i was not that impressed. I do like it much better than high beam on my medium skin, but i was expecting more of a golden highlight, instead it is extremely irredescent. I use it every so often, i would not repurchase, but i like it in the mean time.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2012 6:06:00 PM More reviews by dustdrops

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my favourite Benefit highlighter. I know the High Beam is more popular but I like this more because I prefer Moon Beam's iridescence to High Beam's pearly finish. My only complaint would be the price and the packaging. I don't find the bottle very hygienic due to applying the highlighter with the brush directly to your face, so instead I dot it on the back of my hand and apply with clean fingers. I would buy this again if only the price wasn't so expensive, and there are lots of inexpensive highlighters that perform just as well as this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2012 9:53:00 AM More reviews by mauvellous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Seeing as how I already own High Beam, I wanted to love this one so badly. I thought that as a gold highlighter, it would work well with my warm asian skin tone. Turned out I was completely wrong - instead of a golden glow, what I saw was a strong cool pink sheen that contrasted against my colouring (NC25). Guess I overlooked the off-chance that my skin would pick up the slight pink tones in this too. And so the search for my perfect gold highlighter continues...

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2012 9:25:00 AM More reviews by awsmsauce

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This gives you a pretty glow - it's not glittery AT ALL but may be a little shimmery when too much is applied. The packaging is ridiculous (it looks like a ridiculously large bottle of nail varnish) but is not much of an issue as I don't apply it directly to my face, I put a tiny blob on the back of my hand instead. It stays put all day and lasts an extremely long time so I suppose the price is justifiable. I'm slightly fairer than an NC30 and it gives me an extremely natural, warm glow.

You may not notice the difference in front of the mirror (I definitely didn't) but you'll definitely know it's there under the sun/ when you're out. In a subtle, natural way, of course.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2012 12:23:00 PM More reviews by LookingGood85

Another overpriced, dupe-able Benefit highlighter. Why Benefit feel the need to charge over the odds is beyond me. I use No7 from Boots version of this and get it for 6 with their promotional 5 off voucher and its EXACTLY the same if not better! Shop about people, youll find a dupe for a fraction of the cost!!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2012 11:30:00 AM More reviews by StaceyT88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Moon Beam is most definately one of my faves.
It gives such a nice 'glow' & I just wont leave the house without it!
I pop a couple of dots on my cheeks nose & forehead, blend with my fingers & ta-da - nice healthy glow.
The bottle is small but lasts an absolute age because you only need a tiny bit.
The only negative thing i'd say is that it took me quite a while to get the knack of putitng this on.. for the first year or so i used it.. it would always take my makeup off underneath where i applied it slightly.. You have to blend it VERY quickly. I pop a dot on & straight away kind of pat it in & this seems to do the trick.
Also - im always weary of putting liquidy type things on my face (Oily, acne, sensitive - nightmare!) but this doesnt affect it at all. (Even when used on top of bare skin..)
S
x

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2012 1:36:00 AM More reviews by rosealexandra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is quickly becoming my go-to highlighter. It is so BEAUTIFUL! It is seriously stunning. Like others have said, it appears pinky/peachy on the skin. I was expecting it to be more yellowy/bronzy, but I still really like it. It makes me look healthy and glowy, and doesn't budge at all during the day. It dries on the skin and really sticks there! It looks natural and lovely. I'm bumping one lippie off for the ridiculous packaging. It looks cute, but you end up just painting it on your face and then blending it with your fingers anyway. It would have been nice if it came in a pen-like form like YSL Touche Eclat, or even a pot which would make more sense. Overall, I adore this product and recommend it heartily!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wow, i'm amazed some people say this doesn't show up because i find it intensely shimmery and iridescent if i'm not careful.
Moon Beam has a sort of apricot base full of iridescent golden shimmer. The base is fairly sheer if blended out, but the shimmer is definitely there. This is not glitter, but a powerful gleam. I have basically neutral toned skin, so i can use High Beam, which has a pink base and silver shimmer, if i want a cooler look, or Moon Beam, when i'm going for a warmer look. I recently put a little swatch of the new Sun Beam on my hand, and i want to test it, too. It has a sheer bronze-y base with gold shimmer (not iridescent) - i'm so NOT a bronzer kinda guy, but this appears to blend out into a neutral color, which i think would work well for me.
As others have commented, the "nail polish" type brush in the cap is more than a little wonky, and one reason this cannot get a 5 from me. I NEVER brush this or High Beam directly onto my cheeks, as it would absolutely lead to shimmer overkill. Rather, i use the brush to put a little bit onto the back of my hand, and then use a finger tip to apply and blend. I haven't tried this with a makeup brush yet, so i can't recommend one for certain, but this sparkling creamy liquid definitely calls for a light hand, so a stippling brush might be good.
It's probably a good thing to shake this up a bit, because i suspect some of the shimmer settles. While a bottle seems a bit expensive, you only need a little bit for a definite highlight, so it will last a long time.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2012 7:01:00 AM More reviews by LuHu82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS :
1) I'm fair skinned so the creamy apricot tones of this highlighter work well with my colouring.
2) I like that it's not glittery and gives a subtle, more natural looking sheen to the parts you choose to highlight, rather than giving that glittery 1970's disco look which is not really suitable for daytime (nor a look that is very "me").
3) You can build it for a more dramatic, evening look if you want.
4) The effect is long lasting
5) The pot lasts ages so even though the initial cost may seem high, per use, it's not bad at all.

CONS :
1) The bottle & brush set up is a bit messy and tough to use. A pump dispenser would've been more sensible
2) It takes a bit of practice to use properly. If you don't blend immediately, it will set and/or streak.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2012 8:45:00 PM More reviews by afoxxylady

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an HG product for me. I use this atleast 3 times a week. I love the pink and pearly sort of glow from within that this gives me. It looks incredible yet natural with my blonde hair and fair skin. The packaging is cute, but bothersome. The bottle which is designed to look like nail polish collects lots of leftover product in the cap. After a year of owning this product the cap has goopy product in it. Yuck! But I still continue to use this product because I love the look that I achieve with it.