October 21, 2014 | 800 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Paula's Choice - Gentle Touch Makeup Remover

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2008 10:05:00 PM More reviews by stefrand

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is always part of my end-of-day skin routine when I've been wearing makeup. I don't use it for eye makeup removal (Almay pads) and I don't wear any waterproof makeup so I don't know how well it would work for that. I use it AFTER I wash my face to remove any last traces of makeup. It works wonderfully and leaves my skin soft and smooth. I have a lot of trouble with makeup removers being drying/irritating, and this one does nothing but good things for my face. So glad I found it! Definite HG material!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2008 2:40:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product removes waterproof mascara and gel eyeliner quickly and efficiently without irritating my eyes. However, I find that Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm and all the Paula's Choice cleansers also remove eye makeup well, even waterproof makeup, so I don't really need this product. If I ever start using a more tenacious eye makeup product, though, I will repurchase this remover because it works so well while still being gentle.
Ingredients: Water, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isohexadecane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Bisabolol, Green Tea Leaf Extract, Poloxamer 184, Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Benzalkonium Chloride, Allantoin Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Sodium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2008 11:17:00 AM More reviews by lovemakeup2

There is nothing gentle about this product. I bought a sample pack. The minute I opened the pack I could smell the alcohol (yes, my nose is that sensitive). I thought, well, maybe that doesn't mean anything. I tried the product, and it burned. Unfortunately, the only product that doesn't bother my eyes is the Lancolm Bifacile - I say unfortunately because of the price. But, I guess that's the way it goes.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2008 5:57:00 PM More reviews by psychmom

I used to LOVE this product. It wasn't greasy, was non-irritating, and worked very well for me. At some point (the company tells me it was last summer), they reformulated it into one of those bi-level products, where half of it is oily, and you have to shake it before use. Apparently, at the same time they started adding the preservative benzalkonium chloride to it. I am very allergic to this preservative. I couldn't figure out why my eyes were always tearing in the morning, and thought it was my sinuses. The nurse I spoke to through my health insurance recently suggested that my eyes are experiencing some kind of inflammation, so I went back and read the ingredients of this product, and that's when I realized what the problem was. I stopped using it, and both my eyes and nose have cleared up. Most of the other Paula's Choice products are great, but I wanted to warn people that even with trusted brands, you have to read the ingredients!
However, I should add that the company was very nice about refunding the cost of all of the bottles I had stocked up on, regardless whether I had purchased them recently, because I had a reaction.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2008 6:18:00 PM More reviews by dakgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, let me start by saying that to me, Lancome Bi-Facil is the gold standard to which I compare everything else. But its just too expensive.

So how does this stack up? Pretty well. It has a scent like no masking agent or perfume has been added, which is good, because its one less thing to potentially irritate the eyes. I only use makeup remover to take of my eye makeup, not my whole face. I rely on my cleanser to remove my face makeup.

This broke down my mascara quickly and cleanly, and had a less oily feel than Bi-Facil, and spending $15 is much better than $24.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2008 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

This product has silicone, & it feels slippery & oily but technically its oil-free. Its like saying alcohol is moisturizing b/c glycerin belongs to the family of alcohol. 'Nough said, I like this cleanser, especially on those nights when I couldn't wait to get to bed. Using this with one cotton pad is never enough, if you go over face & neck with 3 cotton pads, the product can go pretty fast (for $15 a pop) However, I will keep a couple of this for backup, excellent when traveling.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2007 8:33:00 PM More reviews by blalala

I can't imagine why anyone would say this is oily. It's a runny liquid that will dry a couple minutes after putting it on the skin and won't leave any film or anything. This does exactly what it says it does: easily removes make up, including stubborn mascara. It also has antioxidants, anti-irritants and moisturizer. I don't think there's any other make up remover I would trade for this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2007 2:09:00 AM More reviews by theroxywave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The fact that it is slightly oily(but not in the viscous way, but the liquid way) makes it EXTREMELY easy to remove stubborn waterproof sunscreen(shiseido ultimate spf 50)!
love it!

*update*
It caused a small pimple on my lower lash line too. I am a huge fan of PC pdts but I think I might not repurchase this pdt anymore.

*another update*
Turns out I didnt wash away the remover w water cleanly enough, resulting in the pimple. I am v careful about removing every trace now, so now pimples from this one any more. Back to PC! :D

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2006 5:41:00 AM More reviews by Labello

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After using this for like two months I am having an allergic reaction to this. This has felt and left my skin oily all along, but I had no bigger problems. Now I have dry, peeling lids and a small cyst on my lower lash line. I never had anything like this from any cosmetics. I think Clinique's eye make up remover is much better and I am going to stick to that. I don't know how people rave about this so much! I will never repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2006 1:24:00 AM More reviews by AlyHeartsYou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Okay I have no clue why people are saying this isn't oily. Maybe it has been reformulated?? This remover left my skin an oily gross mess!! I admit it works *great* but I wouldn't ever use it again after how oily it felt. If you're not opposed to oily cleansers though, go for it because this stuff removes everything really really well.