November 24, 2014 | 1946 users online

Blush - MAC - Matte Blush - Blunt

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2012 3:47:00 AM More reviews by josiekwon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this sooo much after seeing Kandee Johnson's love for this blush in her makeup tutorials. However, after 3 days of consecutive use (and washing etc. of course) I broke out specifically where I placed this with cystic acne. So sad, so I will not be purchasing this again. Wierd because I bought MAC's pink cult the same day and used that as well, but that blush (both matte) did not break me out.

When I did use this blush, I used to contour, and even though I am fair - mediun (~NC 30-35), the color was not too dark. Used with a light hand and an angled powder brush, the color itself blended beautifully and did not get muddy on me throughout the day. Be warned though, too heavy a hand will result in muddiness, too much red tones in the contour (if used as a contour), and general cakiness.

Hope this helps!~

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2012 3:37:00 AM More reviews by emiliagorgeous

I bought this blush to use to contour my cheek bones. I love that this blush is super pigmented, and is someone blend able, but it is also a harsh color and you have to be careful applying it so that it doesn't look too dense or unnatural. Using the right brush can make all the difference. I bought this product when I was tanner then my natural skin color ( tan up to nc30 ish natural like nc 20ish ) On my natural color, it is a bit too harsh, and the red undertones come out, but when i am tan, or after a spray tan then this color is perfect , the color blends in perfect but still dramatically brings out my cheek bones. A Trick I also use that might help others is to apply a lighter matte bronzer in e shape on both sides of my face up and down, this gives me some color so then contour color doesn't look so harsh, another trick is to use a good highlighter, NARS albatross or MAC MSF above the contouring and cheek bones.Also make sure you are applying in natural or bright lights and not dim lights This blush color and contouring in general you really have to play with the application to get it look natural and right but the results once you have practiced can be beautiful,

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Imimpressions

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If this makes your skin looks dirty READ THIS!

You need a better moisturizer, as soon as I switched from Clinique to Clarins, now this looks fabulous thru the day. It's the cheapest bronzer, eye shadow, contour item you can buy, it lasts forever.

When I wear my multi-active clarins cream which gives a natural glowing radiance to the skin and then use the blunt, it looks like a beautiful glistening tan....I was ready to toss it but I'm so glad I didn't.

I honestly thought Clinique was the way to go, but I see, no it is not. Try Clarins or Liz Earle.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2012 1:26:00 AM More reviews by muafreak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased this as this was the only color that I saw that was dark enough to contour my NC40 skintone.
It looked brown in the pan but when on the face, its got red undertones:s for contouring you really need a gray undertone to mimick shadows on the face so that it looks as natural as possible.
Anyways, I still used it in the night to contour. And all of a sudden I began getting cystic- uNDER- LAYERS- of the- skin acne JUST on my contour region under my cheek bones!!!!!! It must be the red dyes or some other ingredient in this. I've stopped using it for awhile now and won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by RiaRich

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Was looking for a good blush to contour with. This was PERFECT- matte, nice brown shade, just perfect....EXCEPT it contains Bismuth Oxychloride.

Used it for a week, got bumps everywhere I placed it. I thought it was from my lotion, toner, hair products ect, because I asked the makeup girl if this contained bismuth and she said no. Well whatever, point is if your allergic to bismuth stay away. If you don't have skin issues you should buy five of these, definitely a product to always have in the stash.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2012 11:23:00 AM More reviews by shestudieslaw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am dark skinned, and needed a contour blush that would actually show up on my deep skin color. I went to a MAC Pro store, and one of their MU artists applied a bit, and it looked great. I purchased it, and skipped off happily thinking I finally found what I had been searching for for so long. I applied it at home the next day. Upon initial application, it looked wonderful. The exact dark brown that I needed to contour. Well, it oxidized thoroughout the day and turned red. So with my pink blush and now red contouring below my cheeks, I looked like a circus clown. I was so embarrased. I am new to makeup and I just don't understand why this would happen. Why would a blush turn from brown to red? It's sad and I amost want to get my money back.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2012 10:13:00 AM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a love-hate relationship with blushes. I dislike most blushes because I can't stand all those pink and coral (especially the really bright ones) colors. I also dislike the fact that so many blushes seem to have to be sparkly. I don't contour, so I use Blunt strictly as a blush, and only on my cheekbones. I think that it is a beautiful color on my NC44 skintone. I only wouldn't buy it again because I now own a total of 4 blushes and will never get through them in this lifetime.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2012 12:34:00 AM More reviews by newbri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

To start off, I am an nc42. I bought this as a contour. I forced myself to use it, and hoped it would grow on me. I am going to be blunt: (pun intended) : this looks like a hickey color! It has tons of red in it, which is not visible at all in the pan. I do not recommend this for contouring! As a blush, maybe, but not for sculpting... !

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2011 11:51:00 AM More reviews by MarinaNicole

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm not 100% sure about this one. There are a few things about it I'm not sure I like. First is the color. It looks like a really pigmented dark brown shade that would be great for contouring, witch is what I bought it for. But when you put it on, its really orengy red more than brown. Not good for contouring. Second is the texture. When you put it on, you have to blend like crazy with a kabuki or it will look like dirt. Even after blended out really well, it still looks a little dirty. But I'm trying to use different techniques to try to make it work because I really want to like it! I guess we'll see.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2011 2:02:00 PM More reviews by juicy69

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this blush to use as an contour. It works well for that purpose but I really like it for a blush. On me, it looks like Sweet as Cocoa or Ambering Rose blushes without the shimmer. But I do have to use a light hand with it. I also wear it with a soft shimmer on my cheek bones and combo is very nice. I am MAC NW45/47.