November 22, 2014 | 2084 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Lipstick in Dolce Vita

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2013 12:39:00 AM More reviews by wintertragedyx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I swapped for this lippie a few months back. I am not a lipstick girl. At all. I am more of a chapstick kind of lady. So it took me a few months to give this lipstick a try, but once I did I have been wearing it almost everyday. It is a natural looking, sheer, moisturizing lipstick. I seriously could not be more pleased with the formula, it is so smooth and creamy. And like many a person before me has said, it is a your-lips-but-better shade.

I just wanted to add that, as of 9/22/13 you can grab this dream of a lipstick on eBay for around $13 shipped (full-size) because it comes in the new Sephora Super Stars set. Or you can buy the set...but it will set you back about $75. Honestly, I did both. haha.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by firefox23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Dolce Vita is a 'your lips, only better' product. It is on the sheer side, but still very nice for every day - though I suppose $30 is a bit pricy for an 'everyday' lipstick! I have other NARS lip products that are extremely pigmented and lovely, which is why I love the brand so much. The colour payoff from this is sheer, but it's not meant to be a big bold lip colour. So if you are looking for an opaque or even semi-opaque shade, this isn't it! However, if you are looking for a lipstick to bring out the natural appeal of your lips, this will be right up your ally.

This isn't a statement lipstick (such as my beloved NARS Dragon Girl or Schiap), but that's really the point - it's supposed to be a subtle hint of colour. I have had a hard time finding something that is 'my lips only better' - everything is either too nude, not sheer enough, or just makes me look funny. This is perfect for me. It really comes down to how willing you are to spend $30 on a sheer lipstick, aka whether or not this is your HG everyday lipstick....personally, I'm a sucker for NARS ;)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2013 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Rumrumrum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This barely made three stars.
I bought this after it had been on my Sephora wish list for ages. Finally, during the 15% discount code week I snatched it up and almost wept upon application. All this time! The hopes, the fantasies, the nights on which I dreamt about the lipstick sitting on my vanity, beautiful, and loved beyond means! Only to be disappointed, disenchanted! OK, not really but you know what I mean. I understand it's a sheer formula but what I didn't expect was for it to be colorless, essentially. I have fairly pigmented lips and this lipstick looks literally like my lips but better. Ever so slightly better.That's not good. If I wanted my lips to look the way they are I would leave them alone. I'm going to use this as a lip balm to help even out the tone of my lips but I don't think I'll be repurchasing and I definitely won't be repurchasing at full price. I think the product is decent but there are a few drugstore products that do the same thing at a much more reasonable price. Oh, and this is the first time I realized, with the heaviness of consumerism weighing down my bank account, packaging is almost everything. If the tube was ugly I would return it in a heartbeat. Still debating whether I should or not...

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2013 9:30:00 AM More reviews by liss29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a NC30 skin tone with darker lips. I found the lipstick to actually lighten them a little bit without it looking unnatural (which can happen with my colouring). The result gave me a fresher and brighter face. I think that this is a really great sheer neutral lipstick that will help give a subtle polished look.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2013 2:36:00 AM More reviews by SaffyS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a huge fan of Nars lipsticks. It is the brand I wear the most. I especially like Nars sheer lipstick line. Dolce Vita, however, was too sheer on me. It matched my own lip color so perfectly that no one could tell I was wearing lipstick at all. In the tube, it's a lovely dusty rose, on my lips it disappeared completely. It was not the MLBB shade I was hoping for. I have a medium warm-toned complexion. I found that Nars Falbala is my MLBB shade. Dolce Vita, meh.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ok, guess I am the odd [wo]man out on this one here as I am just not impressed with this shade. now I purchase a ton of nudes and I feel like this one is totally overhyped as an HG shade. I def think its completely overpriced for what it is- a basic, just there translucent nude shade. Admittedly I might have liked this more if it were more creamy and less sheer. Color payoff just isn't anything to write home about; its so basic that I am positive if I looked around enough I'd easily find tons of near match doupes for Dolce Vita at a fraction of the cost. Dare I say I found Dolce Vita really boring? I just am not feelin' this shade for its price-point and hype.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 6:54:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

NW10-15 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

Eh. I keep trying to "make it work" (Tim Gunn!). For some reason, this just comes off looking strange and I end up looking pale. I think there is just a hint too much warmth in this red for my skin tone.

Also, L'Oreal Colour Riche Balm in Plush Plum seems very similar. Not sure if it's a 100% dupe though. Formula is moisturizing too.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Aceberg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this lippy. I use everyday like a tinted lipbalm - it is moisturising and I love the natural colour. Colour tends to last on me quite well too. I also love the smell :-)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2012 4:01:00 PM More reviews by OlivianaVS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I agree with the majority, this lipstick suits most skin tones. It's very sheer and not really buidable so it reminds me of a tinted lip balm. Color is natural, in my opinion even more so than the clinique's cult product 'black honey' which might appear too dark for lighter skin tones when layered. Lasting power could be better, that's why my search for the perfect natural daytime lipstick continues.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 3:05:00 AM More reviews by saskiayu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the no makeup-makeup look and this is the best everyday lipstick formulation/shade I've tried. Probably not dramatic enough for evening but it is very naturally flattering during the day.