April 19, 2014 | 1066 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Lipstick in Dolce Vita

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 6:54:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

NW10-15 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

Eh. I keep trying to "make it work" (Tim Gunn!). For some reason, this just comes off looking strange and I end up looking pale. I think there is just a hint too much warmth in this red for my skin tone.

Also, L'Oreal Colour Riche Balm in Plush Plum seems very similar. Not sure if it's a 100% dupe though. Formula is moisturizing too.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Aceberg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this lippy. I use everyday like a tinted lipbalm - it is moisturising and I love the natural colour. Colour tends to last on me quite well too. I also love the smell :-)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2012 4:01:00 PM More reviews by OlivianaVS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I agree with the majority, this lipstick suits most skin tones. It's very sheer and not really buidable so it reminds me of a tinted lip balm. Color is natural, in my opinion even more so than the clinique's cult product 'black honey' which might appear too dark for lighter skin tones when layered. Lasting power could be better, that's why my search for the perfect natural daytime lipstick continues.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 3:05:00 AM More reviews by saskiayu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the no makeup-makeup look and this is the best everyday lipstick formulation/shade I've tried. Probably not dramatic enough for evening but it is very naturally flattering during the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2012 12:02:00 PM More reviews by iamjoelle

A neutral-pink shade that's like your natural lip color but better. The formula is creamy and non-drying. It is a bit pricey, but worth the money spent.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2012 5:02:00 PM More reviews by teacoffeecocoa86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I like this lippie a lot, and that's basically because of the neutral shade. It's a "safe" shade, so you can wear it to an interview/appointment/school and it looks nice, your lips but better. I would repurchase this just because the shade is great for anywhere, anytime.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by mecepeda

There's a lot of hype around this lipstick, and I can see why. The formula is great - very smooth and moisturizing. The packing is typically sleek and practical NARS. As for the color, it's also of high quality. I would describe it as a straightforward, pinked-up brown minus any shimmer or frost...in other words, the perfect shade for those occasions when you need to play it safe (i.e., the office, job interviews) or when you simply have no idea what other lipstick to wear. Dolce Vita strikes me as a fantastic default lipstick, in other words. Unfortunately for me, however, my lips are so pigmented that it reads as a clear, very slight bit of gloss on my mouth. It's not unflattering, just simply non-existent. Some dark nude pencil and darker mauve gloss on top helps bring out some color, but I am of the opinion that any time I have to mess around with a lipstick so much, it's probably not meant for me in the first place. That said, I can picture Dolce Vita looking wonderful on a wide range of people. I won't repurchase, but I can understand why this would be an HG product for some.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by CiaraAinsley

Pros
-gorgeous, gorgeous, GORGEOUS shade
-works with all skin tones
-not scented/flavored (has a kind of fruit-loop-y scent and taste, but that's just the ingredients of the lipstick)
-subdued enough for work/school but works with more dramatic looks too
-moisturizing

Cons
-expensive
-wear time could be better (wears a couple hours on me- it's pretty good for a sheer shade but still)
-not enough product to last a super long time if you wear it every day. I've had mine a year, but I only wear it once a week or less.

Bottom line- if you're looking for an MLBB shade and don't mind paying for quality, this is the best of the best.

Bottom line- try it out!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by alextuthreefour

Great MLBB color for me! It is sheer, which is great because it looks really natural and juicy (can that word even be used to describe lip products...?) As always, I am a huuuuuge fan of NARS packaging. It is so sleek and simple! I'm not a fan of the price, however, and I will hunt down the more affordable dupe. Until then, I will be repurchasing this lipstick because I just can't seem to put it down! Lovely!!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2012 4:38:00 AM More reviews by katiebaby87

For me, Nars Dolce Vita isn't anything special, but it's still a decent, safe lipstick to keep in your handbag for everyday use. I have very fair skin and prefer a soft, natural look for my 9-5 makeup, but nude/pale lipsticks always wash me out. DV warms up my complexion beautifully without looking too bright on my pale skin. It's also probably my only lipstick I apply straight from the tube; the formula makes it really easy to quickly apply without a brush or mirror handy.

The formula is somewhat drying though, and definitely not long lasting. At AUD $37 (my god we get ripped off in this country) it's crazily overpriced and 100% not worth the money. I picked mine up for half price online and will look for a cheaper dupe in the future.